BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah I noticed that after Install. Hopefully my 4inch lift will help with clearance, possibly fab a cover too…

Needs coverage over the transmission cross braces. They seem to get hit a lot. The LOD covers all of it and works with the factory skid plates

IMG_8365.jpeg

IMG_6862.jpeg
Might be ok, Any rocks logs will contact trans skid due to it hanging down more then trans brace brk. I should be fine.
Ford Bronco Transmission skid plate installed IMG_1590
Sponsored

Last edited:

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like how this has stiffeners welded in. My Mabett trans skid does not.
They charge a bit extra for the stiffeners, but not too much and I thought it was worth it.

Jakes22

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Silverado ZR2, 2005 Sierra 1500H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There might be a reason Ford offers skids for everything under the Bronco EXCEPT the transmission. I doubt it’s because the Ford engineers forgot about the transmission.
Doesn't the Raptor Bronco have a transmission skid? Same transmission isn't it?

Last edited:

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doesn't the Raptor Bronco have a transmission skid? Same transmission isn't?
Yes and yes, although I’m not sure if there are other important differences between the Bronco Raptor and the other Bronco trims. I’ll let others gamble with their warranty to find out. We do know that before the Bronco Raptor existed, Ford tested the hell out of the other Bronco trims and their engineers decided not to put a metal plate there, even on the Badlands trim.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes and yes, although I’m not sure if there are other important differences between the Bronco Raptor and the other Bronco trims. I’ll let others gamble with their warranty to find out. We do know that before the Bronco Raptor existed, Ford tested the hell out of the other Bronco trims and their engineers decided not to put a metal plate there, even on the Badlands trim.
lol they also decided to run the Hoss 2.0 steering rack, those geniuses that they are. Sorry, I don’t take much stock in engineers when bean counters actually make the decisions.

Sponsored

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
lol they also decided to run the Hoss 2.0 steering rack, those geniuses that they are. Sorry, I don’t take much stock in engineers when bean counters actually make the decisions.
I’ve yet to see a stock setup have issues with the steering rack.

Talon2006

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150l, 91 Eagle Talo n
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I noticed that after Install. Hopefully my 4inch lift will help with clearance, possibly fab a cover too…

Might be ok, Any rocks logs will contact trans skid due to it hanging down more then trans brace brk. I should be fine.
Ford Bronco Transmission skid plate installed IMG_1129

This, I found that that area really has not been hit on mine. I do have a design for little covers for those.... I just never really finished it.

OP
OP
bkfit

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This, I found that that area really has not been hit on mine. I do have a design for little covers for those.... I just never really finished it.
Nice! Better angle for those that might be interested.
Ford Bronco Transmission skid plate installed IMG_1961

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There might be a reason Ford offers skids for everything under the Bronco EXCEPT the transmission. I doubt it’s because the Ford engineers forgot about the transmission.
I’m pretty sure it’s called heat dissipation. You probably don’t want your tranny overheating on the way to Starbucks.
Did this come from one of the engineers? I'd argue they left it off to save weight, as it seems like they did elsewhere (it is "way up there"). I can't prove that, of course, but I don't state it like it's fact.

Multiple reports of people hitting their trans pan off roading (including an infamous one on Mater's YT channel). Number of times I've seen anyone complain of trans heat issues using a plate on this forum: 0

Not saying you don't have a point (my SFR plate has big holes for that). I just don't think it's a given this is a true assertion, just as what I suspect is really just speculation.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did this come from one of the engineers? I'd argue they left it off to save weight, as it seems like they did elsewhere (it is "way up there"). I can't prove that, of course, but I don't state it like it's fact.

Multiple reports of people hitting their trans pan off roading (including an infamous one on Mater's YT channel). Number of times I've seen anyone complain of trans heat issues on this forum: 0

Not saying you don't have a point (my SFR plate has big holes for that). I just don't think it's a given this is a true assertion, just as what I suspect is really just speculation.
I agree. Maybe if I towed it would be a legitimate concern, and I would add a transmission cooler. Automatic transmissions are not air-cooled they are fluid cooled.

Last edited:

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Its called "Value Engineering", least amount = best "Value" to the stock holders.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It all comes down to weight as you mentioned. If you ordered a BD with the slide-out tailgate, you can't order the SAS package. But with the HE you get SAS and the slide out tailgate but you can't get the "bash plates". However, the the "bash plates" come standard in the BD with SAS.

For legal reasons the mfg's have to abide by CFR 49, part 567. Does that mean you can change the Territory tires to Baja AT's and add 662# more weight to your Bronco. Maybe...........

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All the other skid plates add weight, too. The transmission plate is not unique in that regard.
Sponsored