Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Alright, so I am just a little concerned about this, my average transmission temps are at 205 degrees.
Ford Bronco Transmission Temps E4B29DFF-8FAA-4C1C-9832-8655DA4AEC68
Soon I will be towing my 2500 pound camper through KY. My first concern is how much higher will this temp climb when towing? Second concern is would adding 35” tires to my OuterBanks causing more temp problems? Is the transmission between the Sasquatch package and the Non-Sasquatch package the same? I know the rear end is different when you upgrade to Sasquatch.
Lastly, I am looking at a new aluminum transmission pan with ribs. Would that help cool it down a little more?
Ford Bronco Transmission Temps 790D1EE4-C5EC-4564-935E-76DEC88285AA
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That gauge is deceiving. It looks hotter than it should be. Switch to the individual transmission temp gauge and it’ll show your temperature right in the middle where it should be.
Normal operating temperature is 206-215

Carl Sagan

Wildtrak
First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WIldtrak HOSS 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ducati is right. nothing wrong with that. Mine hovers between 165 and 187 for my freeway driving. city driving and sport mode make that number go up. Mine has been around 205ish with aggressive, sport mode driving

OP
OP

Campbech

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That gauge is deceiving. It looks hotter than it should be. Switch to the individual transmission temp gauge and it’ll show your temperature right in the middle where it should be.
Thanks for the info. Have you towed anything yet?

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same, mine will hover around 195 for most city driving, hovers around 210ish in 4H offroad, and really getting after it with some climbs, i've seen it climb to 246 very briefly. It just kicks on all the fans and comes right back down.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the info. Have you towed anything yet?
I haven’t, but I am a Ford transmission technician. So I can say with confidence that 205 is nowhere near over heating for these transmissions.

Also, to answer your other question about the PPE aluminum pan, I doubt that would aid in any noticeable cooling. The factory plastic pan does a very good job at dissipating heat already.
I think PPE also makes a deeper higher capacity pan that is similar to the one you posted which may help with temperature due to the additional fluid, but I can’t say for certain. You would obviously lose clearance with a deeper pan also.

OP
OP

Campbech

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ducati is right. nothing wrong with that. Mine hovers between 165 and 187 for my freeway driving. city driving and sport mode make that number go up. Mine has been around 205ish with aggressive, sport mode driving
I haven’t, but I am a Ford transmission technician. So I can say with confidence that 205 is nowhere near over heating for these transmissions.

Also, to answer your other question about the PPE aluminum pan, I doubt that would aid in any noticeable cooling. The factory plastic pan does a very good job at dissipating heat already.
I think PPE also makes a deeper higher capacity pan that is similar to the one you posted which may help with temperature due to the additional fluid, but I can’t say for certain. You would obviously lose clearance with a deeper pan also.
I really appreciate this information. I have been worrying about this for awhile. One final question. Will putting 35” tires on a non-sas OuterBanks hurt anything. They would be the bronco brand Sasquatch 35s I would be putting on.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really appreciate this information. I have been worrying about this for awhile. One final question. Will putting 35” tires on a non-sas OuterBanks hurt anything. They would be the bronco brand Sasquatch 35s I would be putting on.
No, it won’t hurt anything at all. Lots of people have done this.
Sponsored