A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey all, I don't have my bronco yet, but have a couple questions about the settings for the Automatic transmission (did a search but couldn't find).

What setting do you use for everyday driving?
Say you put your Bronco into 4L and turn your Bronco off and then back on will it still be in 4L or will it revert back to whatever the stock/everyday setting is?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a stupid question ;-)
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey all, I don't have my bronco yet, but have a couple questions about the settings for the Automatic transmission (did a search but couldn't find).

What setting do you use for everyday driving?
Say you put your Bronco into 4L and turn your Bronco off and then back on will it still be in 4L or will it revert back to whatever the stock/everyday setting is?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a stupid question ;-)
I know that if it's in Sport and you turn the vehicle off and turn it back on it'll go back to normal.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you manually select a transfer case option(4H, 4L, etc) it’ll keep that until you change it. If you select a different goat mode other then normal it’ll ask you if you want that mode again when you start the vehicle again. If you don’t say yes or no it’ll default back to normal

OP
OP
FleshTuxedo

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So do y’all keep it in 2H or 4H for everyday driving?

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
FleshTuxedo

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s what I figured, but wasn’t sure.
All my explorers I had were all 4H

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No vehicle should ever default to 4 high, 2 high is normal driving, 4 auto for when you might have rain or snow.

OP
OP
FleshTuxedo

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Right, using 4H on dry pavement can damage the drivetrain pretty quickly. 4H and 4L are for very slippery conditions
Oh, snap. What I meant to ask is if people use 4A as everyday setting, guess I’ll keep it at 2H.
I also just remembered that my explorer was auto/4H/4L.

Sorry. I’m very tired and my brain isn’t working right 😂

Mojave Lux

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh, snap. What I meant to ask is if people use 4A as everyday setting, guess I’ll keep it at 2H.
I also just remembered that my explorer was auto/4H/4L.

Sorry. I’m very tired and my brain isn’t working right 😂
Oh right, you're talking about AWD in other vehicles, similar to Bronco 4A. Yeah 4A can be used on dry pavement to some extent. I think there are problems with over-heating the transfer case if you run 4A too long at higher speeds. Like you said, dry pavement is basically 2H

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, everyday driving is 2-High.

4-Auto can be used on dry pavement... but it isn't necessary at all. If it is raining or the roads are slick, sure... use 4-Auto. If you want to drive a little sporty one day, yeah 4-Auto is fine. But if you are driving everyday in 4-Auto all you are really doing is negatively impacting your fuel economy and putting extra wear on your transfer case and driveline.

When it doubt use the GOAT modes, it automatically selects the appropriate transfer case setting based on what you select on the GOAT dial.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, everyday driving is 2-High.

4-Auto can be used on dry pavement... but it isn't necessary at all. If it is raining or the roads are slick, sure... use 4-Auto. If you want to drive a little sporty one day, yeah 4-Auto is fine. But if you are driving everyday in 4-Auto all you are really doing is negatively impacting your fuel economy and putting extra wear on your transfer case and driveline.

When it doubt use the GOAT modes, it automatically selects the appropriate transfer case setting based on what you select on the GOAT dial.
Except... The Bronco treats Sport mode as a GOAT mode, and if you have the advanced 4x4 transfer case with 4A, it automatically selects 4A.

And Fords get their best MPG in sport mode, because it holds gears longer, so you use less boost.

OP
OP
FleshTuxedo

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Except... The Bronco treats Sport mode as a GOAT mode, and if you have the advanced 4x4 transfer case with 4A, it automatically selects 4A.

And Fords get their best MPG in sport mode, because it holds gears longer, so you use less boost.
interesting!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends how you drive it really. But... yeah... if you are heavy on the gas pedal you get better economy from Sport mode than Eco. If you aren't heavy on the gas pedal or are driving on the interstate, Eco wins the fuel economy race.

Switch it to sport mode and flip it back to 2-High. Win/win if you like to drive a little zippy around town. ;)
Sponsored