ELS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.getrag-ford.com/files/theme/downloads/6MTI550_Manual_Inline_Transmission.pdf

Scalable to 800nm which is roughly 600 foot pounds (same as the 10 speed auto FYI).
I’ll be getting the manual, and a tune...

I’ll let you know if I break it.... I’m not too worried.
I do not know anything about this topic. Somewhere in my reading of the thousands of threads, someone mentioned that the final gear ratio should be changed if 35” tires are going to be added without the SAS package.

Question: I am guessIng that appropriate gear ratios puts less strain on the engine (torque)?

If this line of thinking is correct, should the manual with 33” A/Ts get a different gear ratio?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not know anything about this topic. Somewhere in my reading of the thousands of threads, someone mentioned that the final gear ratio should be changed if 35” tires are going to be added without the SAS package.

Question: I am guessIng that appropriate gear ratios puts less strain on the engine (torque)?

If this line of thinking is correct, should the manual with 33” A/Ts get a different gear ratio?
I'm no engineer but I think torque rating of a transmission is torque coming in, final drive wouldn't have any effect on transmission health. Bigger tires for more load on the axles and transmission so they might come into play but I think torque capacity is strictly refering to

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Final gear ratio and larger tires has more to do with "acceptable" acceleration. The truck will be setup so it feels "normal" with a particular size tire. Going to larger/heavier tires requires more effort to get rolling, so the truck feels sluggish. But it's kind of subjective. If you're not someone who stomps on the gas when the light turns green, you may not notice a bit of lag in acceleration.

Reactions: ELS

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
anyone know what’s required to scale it to 600?
not yet! I find it very interesting that it is “scalable“ to the exact torque specs of the auto 10 speed. Almost as though ford was open to/ wanted the option of pairing with the 2.7. I think as time goes by that info will find it’s way to this forum.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how about Cobb? Instant torque axle twister. I’m not too worried at all because I dont beat on my cars.

BDEA09EA-C041-457D-8651-662B3D455390.jpeg
I have a Cobb AccessPort in my car. But it's a pro tune. I have used their off the shelf tunes before which are more conservative for reliability sake but they are good tunes regardless.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Cobb AccessPort in my car. But it's a pro tune. I have used their off the shelf tunes before which are more conservative for reliability sake but they are good tunes regardless.
Same here. Two STis over last 13 years Cobb protuned. My current 11 is FBO flexfuel. Have about 170k combined miles with no issues but you never know lol

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here. Two STis over last 13 years Cobb protuned. My current 11 is FBO flexfuel. Have about 170k combined miles with no issues but you never know lol
I've had 3 STi with Cobb. The first two were OTS maps. I'm currently at 174K miles, tuned since 2014 with 323 whp and 357 wtq. Nothing too crazy but plenty over stock. Drivetrain is all original.
Sponsored