Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These make me want to grab some steelies and have a set of tires for play and my regular set for daily.
Exactly my plan. Hate to wear these out daily driving and they probably don't ride that well either.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly my plan. Hate to wear these out daily driving and they probably don't ride that well either.
And with that in mind, I'd like to figure out a tire rack system for my trailer. I have a big toolbox across the front now and was thinking something that went on top, but that would mean removing the tires every time I needed to slide out the camper. On the sides maybe or underneath?

20220212_163749_HDR.jpg

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And with that in mind, I'd like to figure out a tire rack system for my trailer. I have a big toolbox across the front now and was thinking something that went on top, but that would mean removing the tires every time I needed to slide out the camper. On the sides maybe or underneath?

Ford Bronco Tricky Dick's Dirty Bronco 20220212_163749_HDR
Could a tire rack pivot with a handle(for leverage to lift 4 tires and rims) rotate it forward down to rest on the tongue when access is needed?

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up my door bags from the dealer yesterday, just in time for doors-on weather.

And I stumbled on a wheel that I really want. I mean it even has a bucking bronco on it. Lodio Drive 3 spoke. It's going to be some work sourcing 5.

tzgm29kizba11.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Made it a whopping 3 days doorless before my first unwelcomed occupant. Came out to my passenger seat leaned forward and a footprint on the back seat. Nothing taken because I cleaned it out before.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, did you "add to cart" and what kind of mount are you using?

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, did you "add to cart" and what kind of mount are you using?
It's on the way!

I'm likely getting the RC high mount after seeing it on @66GT's Bronco.

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Badak next to 285s.

Ford Bronco Tricky Dick's Dirty Bronco AlertIllustriousItaliangreyhound-size_restricted
Those look really nice. That tread pattern looks a lot like the Pro Comp XTerrains I used to run on my Defender. The bonus on those was the self-clearing in mud. I miss those tires.

I'm running Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XSs right now and they don't clear mud as well as that tread pattern you have. I think what you have is a little better for road noise too. Keep us posted.

I can't deal with swapping tires so I'm dialy on the off-roaders. It's noisy on the road, and the tread life gets expensive. But my off-roading comes up in between a lot of daily shit.

I think you could run those as dailies because I bet the noise will be a little less. Let us know how it goes. I expect they are going to be great.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those look really nice. That tread pattern looks a lot like the Pro Comp XTerrains I used to run on my Defender. The bonus on those was the self-clearing in mud. I miss those tires.

I'm running Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XSs right now and they don't clear mud as well as that tread pattern you have. I think what you have is a little better for road noise too. Keep us posted.

I can't deal with swapping tires so I'm dialy on the off-roaders. It's noisy on the road, and the tread life gets expensive. But my off-roading comes up in between a lot of daily shit.

I think you could run those as dailies because I bet the noise will be a little less. Let us know how it goes. I expect they are going to be great.
They're actually incredibly loud, far noisier than say a Swamper. They dig to China though. I bought a tire groover, I'm going to see if I can add a little lateral grip, they slide sideways more than I like.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh what's Tricky up to now?

I decided on long wheeling trips (Moab for instance) I don't want to drive out on my Badaks, but carrying 4 tires with a 2dr loaded down with people and luggage is a non starter.

So they need to be trailered. I thought about rigging up mounts on the Coleman, but nothing really laid out right. So I snagged this canopy, I'll build a frame and walls to set it on and I'll have secure storage for tires, tools, parts, even my doors. With the future addition of a roof top tent, it will make the Coleman obsolete.

315424870_1173420006913676_4110177019653696682_n.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.