Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition 2016 Platinum, 2015 F150 Sport 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trails:

Onion Creek: Simple nice run to get a feel for Moab and what type of heat & humidity to deal with.

Lions Back: Practice for Fins & Things

Fins & Things South Side: Loved this trail as a first technical trail to use all the Bronco tools, running 4 Low and using the back lockers. The Broncos cameras really help to see down once the front end is in the air. Also used the new Bronco Trail app to navigate the trail.

Gemini Bridges: Simple run only used 4 high, walk down to the bridges. Very surreal area, remote.

Pucker Pass/Longs Canyon: Anther easy trail with some serious ledge driving anther 4 high run: did get to see Bighorn sheep on this trail and they even posed for pictures.

Shaffer trail: Easy Steep trail with many tight switch backs, the turn assist worked perfect for the switchbacks. The others had to stop and reverse to make the turns.

Fins & Things South & North side: This was a 9.1 mile run the lasted for about 3 ½ hours the north side is much more technical that the south. The toughest part was going from the South to North side and an extreme 2 rock ledges with 24–30-inch climb to get out. I had to use both front & back lockers and the Bronco pulled right up with little effort.

Overall, the 2022 Bronco Badlands performed “Perfect” in Moab. We did not push our skills to hard, we wanted to get a good feel for what the Bronco can do and move up from there. We will have Hell’s revenge and Poison Spider on the agenda for next year.

My Bronco is stock Badlands with the only upgrade being Icon Tie Rods, for the Round trip from Kansas City I averaged 21.1 miles per gallon with the 2.7 liter.
Ford Bronco Trip report for first run to Moab with my 2022 Bronco Badlands. Bronco Fins 2 .JPG

Ford Bronco Trip report for first run to Moab with my 2022 Bronco Badlands. Bronco Fins 1 .JPG

Ford Bronco Trip report for first run to Moab with my 2022 Bronco Badlands. Bronco Ford App .JPG

Bronco Camera .JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice Bronco and great writeup. I wanted to make it to Moab last year but was having too much fun in Ouray.

OP
OP
BBQBoy

BBQBoy

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice Bronco and great writeup. I wanted to make it to Moab last year but was having too much fun in Ouray.
Colorado is set up for next year, give me a few of your favorite trails.

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Colorado is set up for next year, give me a few of your favorite trails.
You can stay in Ouray, Silverton or Telluride.
Telluride is snobby and expensive.
I think Silverton is a bit crowded and dirty. Not much to look at but closer to more trails.
Ouray is my heaven on earth.
Imogene Pass
Black Bear
Take a full day to enjoy the Alpine Loop. Lunch in Lake City.

Just go explore. So many trials to choose from, you can't go wrong unless you try
Poughkeepsie Gulch before you're ready.

I suggest hitting the trails with a buddy vehicle. Usually I just meet someone there. One of you needs a winch, just in case.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trails:

Onion Creek: Simple nice run to get a feel for Moab and what type of heat & humidity to deal with.

Lions Back: Practice for Fins & Things

Fins & Things South Side: Loved this trail as a first technical trail to use all the Bronco tools, running 4 Low and using the back lockers. The Broncos cameras really help to see down once the front end is in the air. Also used the new Bronco Trail app to navigate the trail.

Gemini Bridges: Simple run only used 4 high, walk down to the bridges. Very surreal area, remote.

Pucker Pass/Longs Canyon: Anther easy trail with some serious ledge driving anther 4 high run: did get to see Bighorn sheep on this trail and they even posed for pictures.

Shaffer trail: Easy Steep trail with many tight switch backs, the turn assist worked perfect for the switchbacks. The others had to stop and reverse to make the turns.

Fins & Things South & North side: This was a 9.1 mile run the lasted for about 3 ½ hours the north side is much more technical that the south. The toughest part was going from the South to North side and an extreme 2 rock ledges with 24–30-inch climb to get out. I had to use both front & back lockers and the Bronco pulled right up with little effort.

Overall, the 2022 Bronco Badlands performed “Perfect” in Moab. We did not push our skills to hard, we wanted to get a good feel for what the Bronco can do and move up from there. We will have Hell’s revenge and Poison Spider on the agenda for next year.

My Bronco is stock Badlands with the only upgrade being Icon Tie Rods, for the Round trip from Kansas City I averaged 21.1 miles per gallon with the 2.7 liter.
Ford Bronco Trip report for first run to Moab with my 2022 Bronco Badlands. Bronco Camera .JPG

Ford Bronco Trip report for first run to Moab with my 2022 Bronco Badlands. Bronco Camera .JPG

Bronco Camera .JPG
Thx for the write up. Would you do the Fins & Things technical part with ledges in a Badlands on 33s? With a decent spotter? :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
BBQBoy

BBQBoy

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thx for the write up. Would you do the Fins & Things technical part with ledges in a Badlands on 33s? With a decent spotter? :)
Yes I would, find your lines.

EOSeabee

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great writeup! Moab is definitely on my list.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think you did Lions Back - it is closed

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Average hwy speed to get 21 mpg?

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What app are you showing on the screen?

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Average hwy speed to get 21 mpg?
It isn't too difficult to get above 20mpg. I was in the high 16s before the start of the summer and decided to change my driving habits. The past 1500 miles I've averaged over 20mpg with probably 85% city driving. Eco mode does make a difference for me.

OP
OP
BBQBoy

BBQBoy

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It isn't too difficult to get above 20mpg. I was in the high 16s before the start of the summer and decided to change my driving habits. The past 1500 miles I've averaged over 20mpg with probably 85% city driving. Eco mode does make a difference for me.
I just drive normal after 15K avg 20.4 mph City/HW in the 2.7
Sponsored