Sponsored

Trying to scope this work. whats the best way to guestimate how much work each mod will take

Ohhellothere

Big Bend
First Name
Düåvé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have big bend non SAS, mid package. exploring some upgrades. Looking for advice if you have first hand experience for doing it in the driveway unless a shop is the way to go. even estimates like 2 beer job, 1/2 a day, full day, full weekend, etc help a lot

Looking / considering:
OBX grille
front modular bumper
bull bar
amber light bar
aux switch for said lights
wheels tires to beadlock (have another thread on that) I've decided to hold off until my current/stock tires need replacing then upgrade just the tires and keep the wheels

Thanks in advance. I am new to the moding cars; ive never had a platform that gave the options to mod like the bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Removing the grill won’t take more than 15-20 minutes.
Swapping in a mod bumper will take a great deal of work. There are videos on YouTube showing this. Adding to it is very easy.
if you are competent at wiring, you’ll be able to figure out the upfitter connections.
Good luck.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OBX grill swap would be a 1 beer job.
Front Modular bumper with bull bar? Too much of a hassle. Just buy an aftermarket bumper $1,200-$2,500 and pay a shop $200-$300 for install.
Amber light bar $200 wired to existing Aux Switch would be a 2-3 beer driveway job.
Installing the Aux switch's if yours came with a sunglasses holder? $1,000+ with labor.
You can find Sas takeoff's $500-$1,000 and buy the Ford Performance beadlock rings for $800, or buy an aftermarket set of wheels for close to the same price $1,500-$2,000. Expect to pay $400/tire with installation, so $2,000 for just tires and installation.
You're looking at low end $5,000 to high end $7,000+ for all you're wishing to do.

OP
OP

Ohhellothere

Big Bend
First Name
Düåvé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Removing the grill won’t take more than 15-20 minutes.
Swapping in a mod bumper will take a great deal of work. There are videos on YouTube showing this. Adding to it is very easy.
if you are competent at wiring, you’ll be able to figure out the upfitter connections.
Good luck.
Thank you. as for upfitters id prob go with an after market less integrated one be im basic and like a sunglass holder lol

OP
OP

Ohhellothere

Big Bend
First Name
Düåvé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OBX grill swap would be a 1 beer job.
Front Modular bumper with bull bar? Too much of a hassle. Just buy an aftermarket bumper $1,200-$2,500 and pay a shop $200-$300 for install.
Amber light bar $200 wired to existing Aux Switch would be a 2-3 beer driveway job.
Installing the Aux switch's if yours came with a sunglasses holder? $1,000+ with labor.
You can find Sas takeoff's $500-$1,000 and buy the Ford Performance beadlock rings for $800, or buy an aftermarket set of wheels for close to the same price $1,500-$2,000. Expect to pay $400/tire with installation, so $2,000 for just tires and installation.
You're looking at low end $5,000 to high end $7,000+ for all you're wishing to do.
yeah im starting to think that aftermarket bumper, bull and amber with an aftermarket aux switches down the road is the way. bang for the buck when i decide its time for a face lift. as for beadlocks.. ive since decided to hold off; i simply dont need them if im honest with myself

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you. as for upfitters id prob go with an after market less integrated one be im basic and like a sunglass holder lol
Yeah, I made the assumption that you had them and just was connecting to them.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Havoc makes a quality low cost bumper at $899. $999 if you want one winch capable. If you don’t have the 4 parking sensors it’s a 3 beer job. If you have to swap parking sensors over to a new bumper get a 6-pack.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Front bumper comes off super easy, like 2 minutes:
How to Remove 2021+ Ford Bronco Factory Plastic Front Bumper - YouTube

Replacing it with an aftermarket bumper should be relatively easy. Anyone with basic tools can handle it. Wiring lights or whatever else is the harder part (but still easy).

The fact that people pay someone $200 or $300 to install a bumper is laughable. If you're talking about dealing with transferring over parking sensors and adding lights, I can kinda understand, that can be a pain. But to take out and put back in 6 bolts, come on.

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.apollo-optics.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak | 2021 GT500 | 2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have big bend non SAS, mid package. exploring some upgrades. Looking for advice if you have first hand experience for doing it in the driveway unless a shop is the way to go. even estimates like 2 beer job, 1/2 a day, full day, full weekend, etc help a lot

Looking / considering:
OBX grille
front modular bumper
bull bar
amber light bar
aux switch for said lights
wheels tires to beadlock (have another thread on that) I've decided to hold off until my current/stock tires need replacing then upgrade just the tires and keep the wheels

Thanks in advance. I am new to the moding cars; ive never had a platform that gave the options to mod like the bronco.
If it's your first time doing it, it may take you a little longer as some parts are a little tedious but not overly difficult.

Swapping the grille is 30 minus to 1 hour.

Swapping bumpers is going to be a 3 hour job. You'll need to remove the factory bumper, remove the wiring harness, and remove the sensors. Then transfer all of these parts over to the new bumper and put it all back together. Now, if you don't have factory fogs or bumper sensors, it will a lot quicker. One thing to keep in mind too is that the intercooler support on the plastic bumper trucks have integrated tow hooks. These may need to be replaced with new supports that don't have the tow hooks for the modular bumper to fit properly. Or, you can cut the tow hook portion off, hit it with some paint, and put them back on so your intercooler is properly supported.

Bolting a bull bar onto you modular bumper is 15-30 minutes.

Mounting a wiring a light bar will depend on location and if you're combining these together. If the bar simply mounts to the bull bar and you're doing all of this work at the same time, then mounting the light bar and running the wiring will be about an hour or so as you're putting all the stuff on. If you add the light bar later, it'll be a little more tedious to run the wiring and all that, but not terrible.

Going with stock or aftermarket upfitters is going to be the most tedious job as you have to run wires through the firewall and that's always a pain and one of my least favorite jobs, personally. Plan for 3 hours to do that work. For the interior, it's also another 1-2 hours of work to disassemble the interior to run wiring up to the A-pillar and along the roof to mount the switches overhead. If you don't mind the location and want to save yourself the hassle, the A-pillar kit from Switch Pros along with their SP-9100 is a great option.

If we can help get you setup with any parts mentioned above, let me know and we'd be more than happy to put together some items for your project.

Front bumper comes off super easy, like 2 minutes:
How to Remove 2021+ Ford Bronco Factory Plastic Front Bumper - YouTube

Replacing it with an aftermarket bumper should be relatively easy. Anyone with basic tools can handle it. Wiring lights or whatever else is the harder part (but still easy).

The fact that people pay someone $200 or $300 to install a bumper is laughable. If you're talking about dealing with transferring over parking sensors and adding lights, I can kinda understand, that can be a pain. But to take out and put back in 6 bolts, come on.
These days $300 is 2 hours or less of shop time, honestly. That's about right even for pros, especially if wiring needs to be re-routed and moved from one to the next. Most shops charge between $125-$180 per hour.

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2 - 3 times longer than you thought as there's usually some dumb minor thing that trips you up for a bit... ;)

Sponsored

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a big bend. Step one for you...Get on FB Marketplace and get some 285/70/17 Jeep takeoffs. The BFG KO2s or Falken Wildpeaks. You should be able to get a set for $1000 or less. Sometimes with Jeep wheels still attached. $25 each to have them mounted on your BB rims.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2 - 3 times longer than you thought as there's usually some dumb minor thing that trips you up for a bit... ;)
Like what the heck is this extra bolt for?
Ford Bronco Trying to scope this work. whats the best way to guestimate how much work each mod will take 1684855516436

OP
OP

Ohhellothere

Big Bend
First Name
Düåvé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a big bend. Step one for you...Get on FB Marketplace and get some 285/70/17 Jeep takeoffs. The BFG KO2s or Falken Wildpeaks. You should be able to get a set for $1000 or less. Sometimes with Jeep wheels still attached. $25 each to have them mounted on your BB rims.
Absolutely going to keep an eye out! Tpms though I assume I would have to acquire. I'll have to look into what load rating

Last edited:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My fear is interior plastic clips
Yes, a few of those went missing on mine. The panels still hold in place ok. Just pull carefully in the direction of the pin, not across. They will release easy enough and then pop right back in.
Sponsored