Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Jeep Scrambler, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone help decipher price protection?
7/14/20 reservation, original order 1/24/21. I see price protection is at $2575 for Badlands on Ford FAQ website.
Dealer is still saying price protection is $825.
The way I read it anyone with an order prior to 3/21 with a 22 model year Bronco is entitled to $2575.
Is that right?
Looking for any help, thanks.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The original rebate is for the $825 (in your Badlands case), the mid year price increase is handled by Ford rebating money to the dealer after the sale is completed. Meaning the dealer does not get paid for maybe a month or two after the sale. I would be hard pressed to find a dealer that would lay out the cash in advance in case it did not work out for whatever reason (mostly eligibility) and, of course, there will likely be a minor subset of dealers who pocket the cash later on either intentionally or through not understanding it is not like a normal hold back payment.

You pay (finance?) the higher amount (after failing/their refusal to have them amend the paperwork to pay you when they get paid) and then hound the dealer for your 2 grand or whatever and hope they decide to pay you. Maybe the dealer doesn't know to file some obscure needed paperwork and Ford gets away with not paying at all, who knows the reasons or the outcomes?

You think Ford is going to make it right or easy for the reservation holders?

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can anyone help decipher price protection?
7/14/20 reservation, original order 1/24/21. I see price protection is at $2575 for Badlands on Ford FAQ website.
Dealer is still saying price protection is $825.
The way I read it anyone with an order prior to 3/21 with a 22 model year Bronco is entitled to $2575.
Is that right?
Looking for any help, thanks.

it comes back as a Dealer statement, mine does at least. If a dealership doesn’t give it to you in the deal, it’ll show up within 45 days.

you have to remember, some of these dealerships are beyond old school and don’t do a lot of things electronic either.
I wouldn’t immediately start screaming at the dealership, just let them know it won’t show up the is Smart Vincent system, it shows up after Ford pays you(dealership) for the difference in MSRP.
Sponsored