First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The prices seem to be all over the place for some reason. If you B&P a two door they're $1310? $1250 retail? What the heck? Like was said before, a year ago they were $850 (2dr)!
I don't yet have a VIN for my 7/20/20 reservation - 4dr/OBX/SAS/2.7/LUX/MIC. I ordered the tube doors on that one for $1360 and I'm not changing anything about that order.
Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, be easy on me when I ask this question, because I am a geezer and never a trail runner. What is the actual purpose of these “ doors”. I get some may like the look and the possible ” cool” factor, but is there an actual reason for the design? Is it simply a way to hit trails while switching out the daily doors in order not to worry about door damage? These prices make me wonder what a real door shell goes for. Thanks.
I like them for running technical rock crawling trails. The lower top of the door allows you to lean out and look at your line and tire placement, front and back. I know there are cameras, but actual "eyes-on target" really helps. These are pretty expensive, so I'd probably wait for BesTop or another company's version. They look great though!

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I work in manufacturing. Just giving you guys and idea of pricing and why these might be more than you expected. Material have doubled for me in 1 month on quotes with both aluminum and stainless steel. All my vendors for powder coating have also increased pricing. Then you add in the welders cost as well as the deburring guys to finish. These parts aren't as cheap to make as they used to be. They also still need to make a profit to keep business afloat. So when looking at pricing of custom made parts like this be aware of the supply chain factors that come into play.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work in manufacturing. Just giving you guys and idea of pricing and why these might be more than you expected. Material have doubled for me in 1 month on quotes with both aluminum and stainless steel. All my vendors for powder coating have also increased pricing. Then you add in the welders cost as well as the deburring guys to finish. These parts aren't as cheap to make as they used to be. They also still need to make a profit to keep business afloat. So when looking at pricing of custom made parts like this be aware of the supply chain factors that come into play.
The counter to your explanation is that @JcrOffroad is doing the same, at lower volume, and claims that their prices will be significantly better. Ford is just being greedy. Same with the "Ford" Sunrider that costs significantly more than the Bestop Sunrider.

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The counter to your explanation is that @JcrOffroad is doing the same, at lower volume, and claims that their prices will be significantly better. Ford is just being greedy. Same with the "Ford" Sunrider that costs significantly more than the Bestop Sunrider.
you're missunderstanding the difference between OEM and aftermarket. OEM always cost more, in any market of any product. you get what you pay for.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you're missunderstanding the difference between OEM and aftermarket. OEM always cost more, in any market of any product. you get what you pay for.
For the tube doors, I can understand, but the extra cost for the OEM Sunrider seems punitive.

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DaPierogiKid

Outer Banks
First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's just not manufacturing. There is not one thing that was quoted a year ago that is going for the same price at this time. I don't like it, but it is what's going on. Have you even looked at the price of ground beef!! It's fairly simple to me....outside my price range, not buying it. We're in a weird time and I don't see a change for a couple of years.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's just not manufacturing. There is not one thing that was quoted a year ago that is going for the same price at this time. I don't like it, but it is what's going on. Have you even looked at the price of ground beef!! It's fairly simple to me....outside my price range, not buying it. We're in a weird time and I don't see a change for a couple of years.
Exactly, you just need to look at day to day life and you'll see why things are the way they are. I literally quoted the same jobs 4 times in 3 months last year and each time it went up between 10-20% on materials. Add in all the additional work needed to be done and you'll understand what the situation at hand is.

jaboticaba

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 Chevy Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Ford OEM Tube Doors are shipping in a few weeks, this is the new price if you haven’t seen it.
I’m really not happy since it’s always been published around $1500…

PRICING:

$1250.00 2-Door Bronco (Part # M-19008-BTD2)
$2250.00 4-Door Bronco (Part # M-19008-BTD4)

BF2A2E8A-91CB-4726-B199-E5E3CB9E1A12.jpeg
UUGGLLYY

Sponsored

kbobber

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg & Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the 2-door option would work on the 4 door (ie, just using the doors on the front driver and passenger?

fltechpilot

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S3 1984 Porsche 928S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if the 2-door option would work on the 4 door (ie, just using the doors on the front driver and passenger?
The doors are larger on the 2 door. Will not work.

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Part's Department front sales guy was dumbfounded when I brought over the part #'s after a few clicks of the mouse and a couple shoulder shrugs stated he "ordered some a long time ago..." only for the 4 doors though lol. I guess I will wait a bit more before placing an order for my 2.

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s a negative Ghost Rider…

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the doors off, but ordered the tube doors because in PA you have to run with the doors your vehicle came with. This means I can't take the doors off my Wrangler, but if I can show my Bronco came with tube doors from the factory I should be good.

“ Doors - A vehicle specified under this subchapter shall be equipped with doors of a type used as original equipment. The doors shall open and close securely unless the vehicle has been manufactured or modified to the extent that there is no roof or side. Tailgates, except on vehicles where the tailgate gives access to the passenger compartment, may be replaced with wood planking, nets or other material that will prevent loss of load. Tailgates may be removed when optional equipment, for example a truck camper, is added.”

any tube door would be valid. Same “type”used as original equipment.
Sponsored