Sponsored

Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port Blow Off Valve Installed on our First Edition!! Install, Review and Sound Clips Inside****

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Highlights:

Give your truck a mean BOV sound
Stronger than the factory eBOV
Billet aluminum construction
Uses dual port venting system
Improves response & thermal performance

BOV that Fits with Aftermarket Intercoolers
Your EcoBoost deserves a big, mean, and aggressive sound when all that boos pressure needs to be released, and the Turbosmart BOV Kompact Dual Port VR13 gives that to you. Turbosmart's BOV Kompact gives you a true BOV operation and sound, and this variant from our friends over at Turbosmart even fits onto aftermarket intercoolers. Just like its predecessor, the Turbosmart BOV Kompact drops right into place of the factory eBOV and comes with everything you need to get it up and running on your truck, all without throwing a CEL. The BOV is less prone to leakage, has rapid response and better thermal performance while handling much higher boost pressures than the stock eBOV, making it perfect for high-powered builds. Hybrid or large flowing turbos with OE electronic diverter valves will benefit from the lack of leakage; the turbo charger and wastegate will not be stressed by the EM achieving its target boost. The dual port design also vents to the atmosphere and then back into the air intake.

Billet Aluminum Construction with Drop-in Design
Each BOV and fitting is made out of CNC machined billet aluminum, which gives it greater strength and durability over the factory plastic eBOV. Just unplug and unbolt your OEM Blow-Off Valve, and install this product in its place. You can do this without adapters, hoses or extra assembly. You will retain OE control of the BOV's operation.

Fitment: 2021 Bronco 2.3/2.7L Bronco Sport 2.0L

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We'll be installing ours today so an install video and review will be available shortly.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Will be getting for sure.. love it in my raptor. Just waiting for intercooler
Is yours the recirc or vent to atmosphere? Also, how does it sound and hold boost compared to stock?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is yours the recirc or vent to atmosphere? Also, how does it sound and hold boost compared to stock?
We're going to test the dual port valve which recirculates 50% of the air while the other 50% vents to atmosphere. Once it's on our Bronco I'll share some clips on how it sounds. Haven't installed it yet but it's going on today.

My good friend Marty over at Turbosmart swears on his valve being the best that's out there and knowing how awesome of a company they are I believe what he says. These valves will hold boost better as well as handle higher boost pressures better than the stock valve. Being that a lot of owners are wanting to tune their Bronco with the Whipple, JB4 and VR tuned products we know that there's increased boost. So these valves will definitely fit well for those applications as well as stock applications.

Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We're going to test the dual port valve which recirculates 50% of the air while the other 50% vents to atmosphere. Once it's on our Bronco I'll share some clips on how it sounds. Haven't installed it yet but it's going on today.

My good friend Marty over at Turbosmart swears on his valve being the best that's out there and knowing how awesome of a company they are I believe what he says. These valves will hold boost better as well as handle higher boost pressures better than the stock valve. Being that a lot of owners are wanting to tune their Bronco with the Whipple, JB4 and VR tuned products we know that there's increased boost. So these valves will definitely fit well for those applications as well as stock applications.
Gotcha! Thanks for that. I use to have a turbosmart on my Mazda Speed 6. It was a beast!

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Like they described below, its a dual. Vents partially to atmosphere for fun sound. I dig it, not obnoxious only really hear it when hard on throttle and back off.
I never noticed loosing boost with my stock one, but also didnt chip until after intercooler and blowoff swap.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like they described below, its a dual. Vents partially to atmosphere for fun sound. I dig it, not obnoxious only really hear it when hard on throttle and back off.
I never noticed loosing boost with my stock one, but also didnt chip until after intercooler and blowoff swap.
Awesome. Good to know. I'm wondering if it's worth inventing in currently, as I don't plan on tuning it or doing any heavy mods to increase power.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Install, Review and Sound Clips below! Enjoy!

Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you install one on a 2.3L and show us how it sounds? This is the 2.3L forum category btw.
I'm with you.

Hey vendors:
There's a ton of companies posting on 2.3L forums but showing 2.7L hardware and installs in their posts. It may be convenient for those vendors who have crossover parts to sell that work on both platforms but it's not helpful to the people you are trying to sell to here: namely 2.3L drivers.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can you install one on a 2.3L and show us how it sounds? This is the 2.3L forum category btw.
We donā€™t have a 2.3l here but Iā€™m sure some of the members of the group with 2.3lā€™s who have ordered these from us will post some sound clips shortly once they receive their orders.
I would expect it to sound just like how it does on the 2.7l as the valve is the same for both engines. All itā€™s doing is allowing 50% of the air in the charge pipe that would normally recirculate to vent to atmosphere instead.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm with you.

Hey vendors:
There's a ton of companies posting on 2.3L forums but showing 2.7L hardware and installs in their posts. It may be convenient for those vendors who have crossover parts to sell that work on both platforms but it's not helpful to the people you are trying to sell to here: namely 2.3L drivers.
I understand what youā€™re saying. In this case the valve is the same for both engines so we want to make sure the 2.3l owners donā€™t miss out. As mentioned in my reply above I expect the BOV sound to be identical on the 2.3l as it does on the 2.7l. Itā€™s the same valve just venting 50% of the air in the charge pipe to atmosphere.

If you have any other questions in the meantime please let me know.

Thanks!

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone explain this to me like Iā€™m an idiot (because I am)? Does this help with acceleration or just make the bronco sound different?
Sponsored