Sponsored

Two of my windows rolled back down after rolling up, took repeated attempts to get them to stay up.

whiterice

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I picked up my Bronco on Monday from the dealer, she only has 150 miles on the clock. Yesterday was the first time I took the top all the way down, and I rolled the 4 windows down as well. The drivers side back door and the passenger front door, when I went to roll the windows up, the window went all the way up, and then back down again. I had to fight with them and do this several times before the windows would actually stay up. Has anyone else run into this?
Sponsored

Diamond_Dogs23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Try resetting the windows. This has been an issue for others. Hit the window down button. Hold down for 5 seconds after it is all the way down then hit the windows up button holding for 5 seconds after all the way up. That should reset. Good luck.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I picked up my Bronco on Monday from the dealer, she only has 150 miles on the clock. Yesterday was the first time I took the top all the way down, and I rolled the 4 windows down as well. The drivers side back door and the passenger front door, when I went to roll the windows up, the window went all the way up, and then back down again. I had to fight with them and do this several times before the windows would actually stay up. Has anyone else run into this?
Hello, Mike! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this windows concern. Thanks!

Murgatroyd

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 4-door 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had this happen after I had to jump start my '22 Bronco. Apparently my dash cam was draining the battery and I was out of town for a couple of weeks. So I had to use the hard key to open the driver door. Obviously the window didn't do its usual song and dance like it would have if it had power. So when I connected to the battery, the window opened a little like it usually would if it had power and you opened the door. Problem was that when I got the bronco started, the window wouldn't stay up. I would put it up and it would go right back all the way down.

I tried the reset but that wouldn't work. What finally worked was opening the door, then putting the window all the way up. Then it stayed. Now it's all good; does what it's supposed to and fits perfectly.

Fonsteven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am having the same problem when I took delivery of my 21 Badlands. When closing my rear passenger window,, it will automatically roll back down when it reaches the top. Bounces right back down. Same happened on my rear driver side window. Dealer looked at both times and this will be my 3rd visit for this problem which totally sucks as we have had a lot of rain and its quite a pain to keep taking time off to take my car into the shop while they keep it for several days. Re-set didn't work. Have to settle with getting the window as close to the top as possible. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Electrical demon, bad workmanship or just a lemon?

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am having the same problem when I took delivery of my 21 Badlands. When closing my rear passenger window,, it will automatically roll back down when it reaches the top. Bounces right back down. Same happened on my rear driver side window. Dealer looked at both times and this will be my 3rd visit for this problem which totally sucks as we have had a lot of rain and its quite a pain to keep taking time off to take my car into the shop while they keep it for several days. Re-set didn't work. Have to settle with getting the window as close to the top as possible. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Electrical demon, bad workmanship or just a lemon?
I have the same thing going on.
Both front windows
Gotta love the "advanced" technology in these things.

Maybe it's the updates that keep coming. 😆

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try keeping your head inside the window frame and try again.

sko

Badlands
First Name
Tomasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
elantra, have dep on a badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had this happen a few times. If you roll them all the way down and hold for 5 secs they don't always reset.

This has helped me.

I split it up into 2 steps, auto rolling it down and stopping it before it hits the bottom of the roll, then hold down the window until it rolls all the way down holding for 5 secs, after that roll them up, again stop the window before it auto rolls up, then hold the up function and hold for 5 secs. If you just rely on the auto function it doesn't always reset. This method worked for me, might take a few tries, but it has fixed the issue everytime.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the window controls have two stages. If you lift it, or press it down, past the 2nd "click" and hold it It will mess up the calibration.

My kid kept doing this in mine. I had to teach him to press the button and let it go immediately, not actually hold it all the way like he was actually opening or closing the window.

If you just want the window partially down/up, don't push or lift the button past that 1st click.

And as others have said, just hold the button all the way up 5-10 seconds after they have rolled up & down all the way to recalibrate.

I like the auto up and down, and it's rare to have it on all four windows, but it really is difficult to train my passengers on how to use the Windows correctly!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My passenger rear does the bounce too and I’ve tried all that has been tried above. Nothing fixes it so I have to try my hardest to get as close to the top as I can or it rolls down again. Happens even if the door is open so it’s not hitting the weather stripping causing it either.

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, lots of us have this problem. Resetting it works perfectly…until it does it again.
#Broncolife

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find that I have to reset my window position almost weekly. I have had this car since December and a week to ten days go by where one one window randomly needs to be reset. It’s a different one every time. And now as it’s getting colder it is happening even more.
Sponsored