Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For anyone that has driven out there, what is the drive/parking situation like?

I mainly am wondering about cops and if the parking is a bunch of rocks or just dirt.
Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a typical drive from Austin, no freeways, just through towns 4 and 2 lane roads with the typical construction. Just run Waze going there and you'll be alright. I only saw one cop far upside the road leading to the off-roadeo.

There is very limited paved parking and it's pretty much for staff, but they have graded dirt parking that's more than enough as people leave about an hour before you are supposed to get there. Most of the out of town folks that stay at the hotel use the shuttle.

flamingojoe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just there this past weekend and stayed in Austin both nights and made the drive. There wasn't any issue parking in the lot on campus with the Toyota Camry rental I had, although it did get somewhat full. I think there would at least be some grass parking available if the lot filled up completely.

Driving back and forth to Austin each day wasn't too bad and took right around an hour each way. I only saw one cop one time but the road is 70MPH at parts so you'll already be going a decent, legal speed to get out there.

If I were to do it again I would have flown in early and stayed the first night in Austin, then move to the Horseshoe Bay hotel for the second night to be closer to the Off Roadeo location for the 2nd day which starts early. This advice is obviously only for the 2 day itinerary which switches to a 1 day itinerary in the future.

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For anyone that has driven out there, what is the drive/parking situation like?

I mainly am wondering about cops and if the parking is a bunch of rocks or just dirt.
You are parking inside the private property (leased by Ford) of the Wolf Ranch. There is a paved entrance, road and parking. If the parking lot is full a car can easily park on the dirt around the parking lot. Some did. I parked in the lot. Short walk to the main building. Also, when booking they have a deal with Horseshow Bay Resort which is less than 10 minutes away. I stayed there and it was great. The place is HUGE. They have a shuttle that can take you to the Off-Roadeo and pick you up afterwards if you are staying there.

I cannot recommend enough for anyone buying a Bronco to go to one of these. It was AMAZING!!!
Sponsored