Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only correct answer I’ve seen so far.

No one seems to mention the greed of the automakers, only comments on the workers.
The company has an obligation to all stakeholders, not just the employees. Investors are in that group. Don't be upset because someone learned how to make their money work for them instead of breaking their back in a coal mine all day.
Sponsored

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sorry Mr. Smith, but your position has been replaced by AI and advanced robotics. Who, may I mention, will happily work 168 hours per week with no pay, OT or DT, don’t require benefits, never call in sick, are never late, don’t take lunches, don’t file worker comp claims, and are consistent and 100% accurate all day, every day. Oh, since they’re not part of any union, our shareholders are ecstatic because our profit margins just skyrocketed. Our customers (hopefully there’s still a few who can afford our products), are celebrating as we can satisfy all orders timely and efficiently and with the highest level of quality and safety.

This is the only way manufacturing will remain in this country. And if you think the day will ever come when corporations put the interest of their employees before shareholder profits, you need to wake up.
Learn to code. Isn't that what the D elite told the coal miners in WV?

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Problem with that is if you look in the southern states with little union presence, wages are much lower because there is no collective bargaining. If it weren't for the unions setting the standards, there would be little progress.
I wouldn't call the current UAW demands progress

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And the cost of living remains among the lowest in the nation. Remind me to tell the story of how I almost ruined the economy of a small town in Eastern Europe with large amounts of cash spread around without thought. True story.
Could you provide a link to that story?

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2009 GT500, 2018 POS Forester
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Problem with that is if you look in the southern states with little union presence, wages are much lower because there is no collective bargaining. If it weren't for the unions setting the standards, there would be little progress.
Cost of living is much lower in the southern states. Wages should be based on region.

Sponsored

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i negotiated bargaining contracts for over 20 years in a law enforcement environment. Without them....the monsters in charge can and will make a person miserable. No offense to the non union workers but being in a union my entire working career made for a much more lucrative retirement.
It is amazing that nonunion manufacturing hasn't collapse . . . oh wait, it is thriving and doing better than those tied to a union.
Cost of living is much lower in the southern states. Wages should be based on region.
Yep, and everything I have read puts the lowest wages at $45 per hour ($55 at UAW pants) . . . which is twice what teachers make in the south. That also comes with health insurance, 401K matching and all the other standard benefits.

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2009 GT500, 2018 POS Forester
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i negotiated bargaining contracts for over 20 years in a law enforcement environment. Without them....the monsters in charge can and will make a person miserable. No offense to the non union workers but being in a union my entire working career made for a much more lucrative retirement.
Big difference. Since when did the government need to make a profit? Your cushy retirement is thanks to tax payers. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for law enforcement, and especially now, but retiring at 55 and drawing a pension and family medical coverage for life is a bit much when the average slob has to work until 67 or 68 for full Social Security and 65 for Medicare.

Syndister

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Harley Road King Special, '23 Bronc
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You also being affected by the WGA and SAG strikes?
NOPE. I cut cable off in 2020 and have never been happier. Last time I went to the movies it was 2019. All of the political BS and propaganda they're shoving down our throats...no thank you. It's a shame though, I miss the old shows where there wasn't such a divide and bias. More time for my hobbies and quality time with family. They lost me after MSM became opinionated instead of actual news. ~Just my two cents.

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could you provide a link to that story?
Long story short, not posted online, I was in Special Forces for much of the 90's until 2004. We were deployed to Bosnia and surrounding countries looking for Slobodon Milosovich, the guy responsible for ethnic clensing of Muslims in his country. We had a very large slush fund that we used to buy provisions, bribe locals, pay off the local Mafia, etc. We were spreading too much money around and it began affecting the local economy to the point where the cost of living for actual people was skyrocketing. The economy went from being able to buy out the local market with a $20 bill to prices doubling or tripling on certain items. I learned a valuable lesson from that. We cannot look at poor areas through the lens of coastal elites or the US government. If you pay Chinese workers what union workers earn, they will be the richest laborers in the country, again, messing with the local economy.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pay em. The ask is high because our dollar doesn’t get you anything. I’d rather Ford court the high quality labor force and at least justify these MSRP increases.
The problem is the MSRP will continue to rise with pay increases. They gotta pay thr difference somehow.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't remember exactly how all the laws work with right to work states vs union states, but you will not get a D3 anything in the country that doesn't become UAW controlled.
The way it works in a right to work state is you are allowed to have a union, but you can't be Forced to join the union.

As a result, the Unions are weaker, but far more responsive to the members, since you can't get fired for refusing to join the union.

PeteG

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
metimes when you find you’re working for a loser employer, it’s just time to move on. This has always been not only to m

Depend where in the pay scale you land. The executives have been seeing these type of pay raises for years, yet when the common man asks to catch up .... "Oh my goodness, the world just may end unless you give up some more so I can spread that amongst my executive peer group!"

Big Corp/Big Gov't and bad policies that harm the working class has essentially backed the general population into a corner, and now, the back lash is starting to happen.

As far as I'm concerned, Let 'er rip....
One executive (Or a few, or even a handful) each getting an additional 100K a year is one thing.

300+ workers all getting a 100k raise is 30 Million in additional costs to the consumer.

Putting nuts and bolts into a vehicle on an assembly line isn't a 60k a year job, its sure as hell not a 100k plus a year job. Lets be realistic here.

On top of it, Ford motor company doesn't pay the workers, consumers do. At a certain point it creates diminishing returns... Vehicles go up in price and Americans shift their buying to imports from Korea and China. Then everyone complains about unemployment and China.

In the end, the consumer and the worker are hurt.

Greed goes both ways.

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pay em. The ask is high because our dollar doesn’t get you anything. I’d rather Ford court the high quality labor force and at least justify these MSRP increases.

The main reason for the present problem is due to Washington's massive Debt, which isn't going to away soon, if ever.

FootPain

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BB 17 Explorer 04 Mach 1 98 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just out of curiosity what should Ford UAW members get paid? I'm interested to hear some answers
Sponsored