kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I got an update all right. I was told about the strike by the produce guy at Kroger. I told him no way, so I whipped out my phone with my handy dandy UAW Local 862 app and showed him there was no communication to the members about it, it must be rumors.
I get home to the news to find out I can't work because the Union men in charge.
We will be announcing layoffs/impacts today at our plant.

This division has worked so hard this year to try to get back to pre covid performance. It can all be undone in a couple weeks because UAW tactics and self serving attitudes
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will be announcing layoffs/impacts today at our plant.

This division has worked so hard this year to try to get back to pre covid performance. It can all be undone in a couple weeks because UAW tactics and self serving attitudes
That truly sucks. SD is so far behind as is, this will make it that much worse. Been wanting to possibly order a SD but the wait was already going to be super long before this latest development.

Almost have to wonder if Fain is a Trojan Horse. Cripple or destroy the big 3 which would then help force the agenda. :mad:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford says they are now at their financial limit and any additional concessions will disable future critical investments. The current offer can reshuffle components but no financial increases can be offered . We'll see, obviously.

• Sad
Reactions: jon

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

During the strike are there any "confidence votes" where the UAW members get a chance to send feedback to the union bosses ?
Or even remove union bosses if they get unreasonable ?
Not that I'm aware of.

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That truly sucks. SD is so far behind as is, this will make it that much worse. Been wanting to possibly order a SD but the wait was already going to be super long before this latest development.

Almost have to wonder if Fain is a Trojan Horse. Cripple or destroy the big 3 which would then help force the agenda. :mad:
FAIN may be a 100% foreign agent set up to get all production moved out of USA. He sure is going to get the plans moving to avoid any factories from getting upgraded or used in the future with these tactics of crazy ideas.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
However some workers are still stuck on keeping their pension vs getting a 401K instead. The big issue is that if Ford can't stay competitive with other makers(i.e. labor costs) they might not have a pension because they'll be out of business.
Company pension is risky. Never understood why the UAW doesn't do what other labor unions do, which is manage the pension themselves.

For example, the Cabinet Makers Union has a pension where the Union manages the pension. You don't need X years with a company, just X with the union. If you change jobs from one cabinet mill to another, the pension follows without issue.

Auto is a bit different, as you have a few big companies, but you also don't have to worry about the business failing. My dad still gets his pension from the Cabinet Makers Union, even though the Mill he worked out went bankrupt during the great recession.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Company pension is risky. Never understood why the UAW doesn't do what other labor unions do, which is manage the pension themselves.

For example, the Cabinet Makers Union has a pension where the Union manages the pension. You don't need X years with a company, just X with the union. If you change jobs from one cabinet mill to another, the pension follows without issue.

Auto is a bit different, as you have a few big companies, but you also don't have to worry about the business failing. My dad still gets his pension from the Cabinet Makers Union, even though the Mill he worked out went bankrupt during the great recession.
Because they can't manage that kind of money! The reserves that would force unions to disclose income they make off the back of workers would have to be disclosed as well as the bribes they pay to politicians. Sadly the amount of money required to run pensions is way beyond the abilities of unions.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sadly the amount of money required to run pensions is way beyond the abilities of unions.
And yet, both the Carpenters and Cabinet Makers Unions run their own pension programs...

Reactions: jon

Sponsored

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Apples & Oranges. That article doesn't indict the Carpenter's Union

The criminal offenses were done by managers at the German firm Allianz Global Investors, which handles many pension funds and other accounts. The Carpenter's Union was one of the many victims

Far as slow notification, how many pension funds sound an alarm every time the stock market drops ? And loss liability insurance costs money too. It's a management decision that can always be criticised
I agree with you.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is going to end badly long term when the manufacturers move their production away from the states and then tens of thousands of people lose their jobs. The union leaders at the top seem to be out for glory all the while screwing over their members and the company. Have to feel bad for the hard working UAW guys that do deserve fair pay for their difficult jobs. People think it is a cake walk but it is not.

Can't the members get together and force a vote on the current proposal which seems to be pretty generous? The longer this goes on, the less future investment, lost profit sharing, and lost wages. Add in all the trickle down to the suppliers and communities that rely on these people spending money to stay in business. Someone needs to get the power trip in check before it's too late for things to recover.
Sponsored