John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if this is the 2Dr MPG numbers. Because if I remember correct the 2.7 MPG numbers from the BN post showed 17 city / 19 highway / 18 combine. I may and probably am wrong but that didn’t differentiate 2Dr vs. 4 Dr. However, my 2.3 window sticker shows 18-18-18 so who knows…
To my knowledge the auto non sas BD is the only build where the 2.7 beats the 2.3 in mpg. Auto 2.7 BD 18 city 20 hwy 19 combined
Auto 2.3 BD. 18 city 18 hwy 18 combined

This window sticker confirms the previously released numbers for the 2.7
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To my knowledge the auto non sas BD is the only build where the 2.7 beats the 2.3 in mpg. Auto 2.7 BD 18 city 20 hwy 19 combined
Auto 2.3 BD. 18 city 18 hwy 18 combined

This window sticker confirms the previously released numbers for the 2.7
This is the same conundrum we were having the other day.

Have we seen a sticker for the 2.3 non-sas BD? The only thing anybody has shown me so far is something where a whole lot of models are thrown in together. And I can't imagine 18, 18, 18 is anything other than an estimate. I have never seen a car that gets exactly the same mileage city or hwy.

I know I could be way off... But something isn't right.😞

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the same conundrum we were having the other day.

Have we seen a sticker for the 2.3 non-sas BD? The only thing anybody has shown me so far is something where a whole lot of models are thrown in together. And I can't imagine 18, 18, 18 is anything other than an estimate. I have never seen a car that gets exactly the same mileage city or hwy.

I know I could be way off... But something isn't right.😞
yes, mine is a 2Dr 2.3 BD non sas…

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread D3857D62-7F37-4EC6-82ED-1F05EEAC7B20

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yes, mine is a 2Dr 2.3 BD non sas…

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread D3857D62-7F37-4EC6-82ED-1F05EEAC7B20
Wow. That 18, 18, 18 is the weirdest thing ever. 🤔

Thanks for posted it. It was hard for me to believe the stuff I've seen wasn't some kind of typo.🤪

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for posted it. It was hard for me to believe the stuff I've seen wasn't some kind of typo.🤪
I still don’t buy it myself…let’s see how we do real word when I get it in a couple of weeks.

Will really be kicking myself if I could have got more HP and Torque and better MPG. Here I was thinking I was being responsible with the 2.3.

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what is odd to me is that the BD 2.3 auto MPG for the BD is different than the base/BB/OBX group, but is the same as them with the 2.7...

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what is odd to me is that the BD 2.3 auto MPG for the BD is different than the base/BB/OBX group, but is the same as them with the 2.7...
That's because the BD is way heavier than the base/BB/OBX. The 2.3 may be powerful enough but you have to work the snot out of it to get up and go. Smaller displacement doesn't necessarily equate to better MPG. Especially with forced induction. Power is not free.

The sad thing is that most cars never really achieve their EPA rating. Save your money for gas...

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's because the BD is way heavier than the base/BB/OBX. The 2.3 may be powerful enough but you have to work the snot out of it to get up and go. Smaller displacement doesn't necessarily equate to better MPG. Especially with forced induction. Power is not free.

The sad thing is that most cars never really achieve their EPA rating. Save your money for gas...
But shouldn’t there be a difference between the 2 and 4 door then? I can’t imagine they weigh the same. And with the 2.3 MPG drop, its still odd that:
  1. It impacts the BD more than the BL
  2. When sassed all have the same MPG regardless of weight
  3. As stated above, with the 2.7 all sub BL models have the same MPG

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But shouldn’t there be a difference between the 2 and 4 door then? I can’t imagine they weigh the same. And with the 2.3 MPG drop, its still odd that:
  1. It impacts the BD more than the BL
  2. When sassed all have the same MPG regardless of weight
  3. As stated above, with the 2.7 all sub BL models have the same MPG
1. This is not an exact science.
2. There are many variables: weight, tires, gearing , ride height. Too many to test individually
3. The 2.7 does not have to work as hard
4. Who ever thought any of these would be efficient?
5. It's their numbers...

Sponsored

Blood_and_Mud

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Saw these pics on IG for the BD with the upgraded wheels in shadow black.

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread 709610F7-488B-4F4D-AB5E-1BEE7A3819D8

Ford Bronco Ultimate Black Diamond Non-Sasquatch pics thread 709610F7-488B-4F4D-AB5E-1BEE7A3819D8

That truck looks so incredible. I keep going back and forth on SAS versus non SAS but increasingly think I made the right call in going non SAS. Doesn't hurt that this will be my daily driver here in Indiana with one longer trip per week (45 mins one way to work). Otherwise I'll be using this bad boy for heading to trails for running and for deer hunting.

OP
OP
NoDoorsNoProblem

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That truck looks so incredible. I keep going back and forth on SAS versus non SAS but increasingly think I made the right call in going non SAS. Doesn't hurt that this will be my daily driver here in Indiana with one longer trip per week (45 mins one way to work). Otherwise I'll be using this bad boy for heading to trails for running and for deer hunting.
I’ve caved to sasquatch long ago, but still love hanging around this thread because the BD is by far the best looking if the standard suspension versions. Every time new pics are posted up I go “wow that looks really good. Maybe I’ll drop the squatch so I can get it earlier….”

Then I do the mental math in my head. I’ll definitely want 285/75s or at least 285/70s, which is about $1500 right there. Add another $1000 for some icon or fox coil overs to prevent rubbing while also getting a better ride quality than stock suspension, no puck spacers for me. And $500 for new UCAs to keep the geometry in line. Oh yeah, double that $1000 for coil overs…I forgot I don’t have a IFS/leaf sprung truck any more, where the rear shocks are separate and maybe only $300 for a pair. That’s creeping up on $4k right there. For a bit more I get all that factory insured plus the 210 axle with locker up front, fitment for 315/70s out the box, and the magic Bilsteins. 🙃 where’s my bought not built sticker?

cursed_hemi

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On the subject of the General Grabber AT/X, don't knock em until you try em. I have had many A/Ts on various vehicles and these are by far my favorite on my TJ. They are super quiet on-road, impressive handling, comfortable, and look amazing. Off-road, they'll take just about anything you throw at them other than deep mud. They do pick-up rocks for sure but other than that, these are amazing tires. I don't think there's a tire as capable off-road with such excellent on-road manners.

The stock BD wheel and tire setup actually looks pretty good, maybe just a small spacer to help fill out the wheel well.
Sponsored