Sponsored

Unbelievable....the Wiper Update is ONLY if you're having problems!!

Audiomate

Badlands
First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally called local dealer (who sucks) and was told be service rep that it's a customer satisfaction program and ONLY if you're having problems can you get it done....I said, oh, so I wait until I'm in a downpour and they quit working....she didn't even chuckle. Just read off the paper, only if you're having problems. So I guess I'll be forced to lie next time I call.....Ford, YOU ARE STUPID.
My dealer did it no questions asked, and I didn’t have the problem! Looks like your dealer really does suck! Sorry about that, hopefully you have another one you can go to.
Sponsored

kenaxcix

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't even know about this and my dealer performed the update when I had it in for service.

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm getting my oil change as we speak, and when I was checking in my advisor told me I had two recalls (this and the seat belt) and they'd take care of them while I was here. She says it would add about 15 minutes to my wait.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally called local dealer (who sucks) and was told be service rep that it's a customer satisfaction program and ONLY if you're having problems can you get it done....I said, oh, so I wait until I'm in a downpour and they quit working....she didn't even chuckle. Just read off the paper, only if you're having problems. So I guess I'll be forced to lie next time I call.....Ford, YOU ARE STUPID.
Andddddd this is part of why im selling my bronco. After being with lexus for years. And then trying a ford for the first time. I understand what people mean when they say “built from a parts bin”. Its so unfortunate. Great vehicle too. Just horrible leadership and build quality. Im going to look at the new lexus gx when its out. What a beauty and zero issues.

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Andddddd this is part of why im selling my bronco. After being with lexus for years. And then trying a ford for the first time. I understand what people mean when they say “built from a parts bin”. Its so unfortunate. Great vehicle too. Just horrible leadership and build quality. Im going to look at the new lexus gx when its out. What a beauty and zero issues.
Yeah, the dealer network is so bad with rare exceptions. See under why I drove 30 mi west to buy when there's a dealer 1 mi. from me! AND Ford customer 'service' and 'communications' is laughably horrible. But it's a great truck!!! I've had Toyo's for 34 years and I have no complaints.

Sponsored

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh wow they fixed mine for free but charged me $800 for a new rear shock & install on a busted/rusted off Bilstein, that should of been covered by warranty, so you do the math. Like Disneyland, Mickey mouse BS

WoodsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Shelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco ‘22
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, I just had the update today & I was not having issues. They didn’t even ask. With my luck I will now have issues.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer called me last week offering to come to me to perform the update. Didnt ask if I was having problems or anything. I declined and said they can do it at my next service.

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I just had the update today & I was not having issues. They didn’t even ask. With my luck I will now have issues.
Same for me, hasn't rained since....

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn't having any issues and my dealer called *me* to have it completed. (meanwhile I have a laundry list of recalls that still haven't been done)

Sponsored

Amac

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco and 2006 z06
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why would you want to waste your time taking in your car for a repair is does not need? There are plenty of recalls for specific years, trims, etc that will not apply to you. My suggestion would be not to stress over this. If it ain't broke....

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless I'm having an issue, there is no good reason to allow a dealer to touch my vehicle.
I use Rain-X, so almost never use the wipers anyway.
RainX, killer of rubber wiper blades! lol

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See ya, wouldn't want to be ya! lol

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See ya, wouldn't want to be ya! lol
Hey. I gave ford credit where its due. Not having the bronco has honestly put my mind at rest. I remember every morning starting the bronco and praying that i wouldnt hear the infamous cam phasers of death. Or what the noise rattling in the passenger door is. Or why the roof panel drips water. Or why the doors never shut properly. Or or or or….good luck.

I should be the one saying “see yah, wont be yah” lol 😂. Cheers and good luck to your adventures.