Sponsored

Uncomfortable front seats! What is the solution?

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those that installed Seat Jackers... did you install the single 3/8 inch spacer or did you nest the pair together and install them as a 3/4 inch spacer using the new supplied longer bolts?

20240418_082941.jpg
I used the smaller. I think it’ll be way too much tilt using both. Although, with the jackets in place, I can now fine tune the amount of tilt by raising or lowering the seat bottom (manual MGV seats in 2 door).
Sponsored

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks guys... I'll try one and see how it feels.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm with a few others, the seat in my BD seems comfortable but every time I drive this thing my right hip and leg start to hurt. Does not do this in any of my other cars.
Got to be pinching a nerve.
I've tried just about every position with no improvement.
Just installed those seat jackers to see what happens.
So did it work? I keep messing with pads/towels, etc...nothing helps. Only my right leg/ass cheek, like you.

Poppavein

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How many of you with comfort/pain issues are sitting with a wallet in your back pocket?
This is a thing. I rode motorcycles for years with a wallet back there and developed a problem that went away after moving my wallet to a front pocket.

skyhunter

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So did it work?...
Same issue with my F150. The seats are too flat. Up in front, down in back is better for the nerves as it puts most of the weight right on your arse where it needs to be. Especially if you are not a Kardashian.

Think of sitting on an Adirondack style chair vs a picnic table bench. I can go about 30 minutes on a flat chair before my feet go into a coma. I am building a speedster, and I am pitching those buckets skyward up front.

As for those jackers, they are over $150.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same issue with my F150. The seats are too flat. Up in front, down in back is better for the nerves as it puts most of the weight right on your arse where it needs to be. Especially if you are not a Kardashian.

Think of sitting on an Adirondack style chair vs a picnic table bench. I can go about 30 minutes on a flat chair before my feet go into a coma. I am building a speedster, and I am pitching those buckets skyward up front.

As for those jackers, they are over $150.
Ordered a cushion yesterday after trying one out from an office chair. Seemed to help....can't readily see how to install the jackers anyway. I have 30 days to return if it doesn't work....I just hate having to slide in over the thing....we shall see.

skyhunter

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ordered a cushion yesterday after trying one out from an office chair. Seemed to help....can't readily see how to install the jackers anyway. I have 30 days to return if it doesn't work....I just hate having to slide in over the thing....we shall see.

It's an afternoon job. You basically remove the covers over your seat tracks and hardware. Remove the front bolts (might have to loosen the rear bolts to tip the seat), put spacers over the corresponding holes between them and the rails, then bolt the seat back down using the longer bolts.

GOATS

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imaginary Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's an afternoon job. You basically remove the covers over your seat tracks and hardware. Remove the front bolts (might have to loosen the rear bolts to tip the seat), put spacers over the corresponding holes between them and the rails, then bolt the seat back down using the longer bolts.
Did your seat jackers come with a set screw to keep the stacked plates together? (Like circled in the picture)

Also, are the 2 holes in your plates different sizes? (One circle, one oval)

I ordered a pair for the front seats and mine didn't come with set screws and both holes are large ovals. I'm wondering if they sent the wrong ones. Thanks for any input in advance!

20240428_085932.jpg
Sponsored