Sponsored

Uncomfortable front seats! What is the solution?

Meloco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco edge excape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm with a few others, the seat in my BD seems comfortable but every time I drive this thing my right hip and leg start to hurt. Does not do this in any of my other cars.
Got to be pinching a nerve.
I've tried just about every position with no improvement.
Just installed those seat jackers to see what happens.
Sponsored

TLO

Heritage
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hey Y'all!

I have a 2022 4dr Badlands Lux w/ MGV(Took delivery June 2022 and put 27k miles on it already). It has manual seat adjustments and I can get it to "comfortable enough" but on drives of 1hr+ I get pretty bad back pain. I did a 9hr straight drive and my back hurt for like 2 weeks afterwards 🤦

For comparison sake, I had a 2019 Mustang Bullitt before this and I could take it on 4hr+ drives with no pain.

I'm not an ergonomics expert, so I'm not quite sure what the source of this discomfort is. Has anyone else had a similar experience and a fix?

I'm open to the idea of replacing the whole seat, if that's what it takes 😂 I love my Bronco and would like to keep it for a very long time... But if I can't solve this, I might have to trade it for something else 😔
If you can manage it, crank the seats WAY down....you get more of a 'zero gravity' seat effect

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the number of people with no problems is at least as high as those with problems maybe those with problems should seek medical evaluation. You could have a back or nerve problem you're not aware of. I'm 6' 3" 315 lbs wear a 36" inseam and I find the mgv seats just fine. Unless you drive for long periods on a regular basis like myself (37+ years of trucking) when you do drive a long trip you won't be comfortable because you're not used to it.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought my seats were comfortable at first also, but after several hours of driving I have back pain I don’t get from driving my other vehicles (2015 Mustang Lux, F350, Gladiator with leather and Excursion Limited). I think as they break in it should get better. The bolstering is just different from what I’m used to I guess. I am going to shim the front mounts to tilt the seat bottom rearward as recommended earlier in the thread because I do jack the seat high (I’m 5’8”) and that tilts it forward.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since the number of people with no problems is at least as high as those with problems maybe those with problems should seek medical evaluation. You could have a back or nerve problem you're not aware of. I'm 6' 3" 315 lbs wear a 36" inseam and I find the mgv seats just fine. Unless you drive for long periods on a regular basis like myself (37+ years of trucking) when you do drive a long trip you won't be comfortable because you're not used to it.
Do you think we are driving our first vehicle ever?. These are problems we didn’t have with other vehicles, so there must be a problem with the vehicle for some people. Everybody is built different, and as we age, our backs are less tolerant of awkward (even slightly) seating. We travel a bunch, so I do know what good seating is or isn’t (at least for me) and usually my wife agrees. For short trips the Bronco MGV seats seem just fine.

The best thing you can do for your back is keep scalpel-happy doctors away from it lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How many of you with comfort/pain issues are sitting with a wallet in your back pocket?

Kiddo44pct

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy traverse
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey want to try washer trick ..anyone have pics
.or detailed instructions for dummies..lol
I have mgv seats 23..gonna try to reverse headrest but also interested in trying washers..I'm not that tall but would like to see if this makes a difference..thanks
Anyone have pics or how many washers to utilize....thanks

Mkass

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I seat jacked mine. it changes the angle. easy fix.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How many of you with comfort/pain issues are sitting with a wallet in your back pocket?
My wallet goes in the console when I’m driving more than a few minutes. I’m still experimenting with seat adjustments as I only have had it for a month and I have a company vehicle as my daily. On my first 3 hour trip in it was the first time I noticed it hurting my back, and that was when I arrived and stepped out. I was actually surprised (and concerned because we frequently drive long hours on vacation) as it seemed comfortable otherwise. I’m a very healthy 64 year old. 5’8” 157 lbs. I honestly think playing with the lumbar and breaking in the padding it will get better. We put some miles on it this past weekend and I started paying attention to seating position vs how my back was feeling and started changing it up more often and that helped a bunch.

But like I said I haven’t had these issues in other vehicles.

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm with a few others, the seat in my BD seems comfortable but every time I drive this thing my right hip and leg start to hurt. Does not do this in any of my other cars.
Got to be pinching a nerve.
I've tried just about every position with no improvement.
Just installed those seat jackers to see what happens.
Quite often hip pain can be traced to pedal offset. How fat left pr right or your hip joint centerline can make a difference. We haven'y done a long trip yet so I can't comment on comfort. The Bronco is the wife's.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a pretty consistent seat setup in the different vehicles we own or have owned. I can't quite get it in the Bronco. I agree with others about the seat angle and thigh support is a big part of why I can't quite nail my comfy setup in the Bronco. This seat shims are tempting but I'm not fond of messing with safety items so I'd really want to see them in person, or some really good pictures, before buying.

StrainedCMOS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know after a couple of hours sitting my tailbone feels like it is locked in place and if I try to get out of the seat it makes me pay for that privilege. Is the solution as simple as raising the front part of the seat via a jacker?

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those that installed Seat Jackers... did you install the single 3/8 inch spacer or did you nest the pair together and install them as a 3/4 inch spacer using the new supplied longer bolts?

20240418_082941.jpg

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Those that installed Seat Jackers... did you install the single 3/8 inch spacer or did you nest the pair together and install them as a 3/4 inch spacer using the new supplied longer bolts?

Ford Bronco Uncomfortable front seats! What is the solution? 20240418_082941
I just used the single spacer, both was too much.
Sponsored