Sponsored

Uncomfortable front seats! What is the solution?

GWest2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pull you wallet out of your back pocket

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess you should have ordered the electric front seats, seeing that you have LUX. My wife has major back issues and said the seats are almost a comfortable as our F-150 King Ranch. Order a set of electric seats. There must be some 3rd party plug and play out there.

Sponsored

Jkoren12345

Outer Banks
First Name
Jkor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Y'all!

I have a 2022 4dr Badlands Lux w/ MGV(Took delivery June 2022 and put 27k miles on it already). It has manual seat adjustments and I can get it to "comfortable enough" but on drives of 1hr+ I get pretty bad back pain. I did a 9hr straight drive and my back hurt for like 2 weeks afterwards 🤦

For comparison sake, I had a 2019 Mustang Bullitt before this and I could take it on 4hr+ drives with no pain.

I'm not an ergonomics expert, so I'm not quite sure what the source of this discomfort is. Has anyone else had a similar experience and a fix?

I'm open to the idea of replacing the whole seat, if that's what it takes 😂 I love my Bronco and would like to keep it for a very long time... But if I can't solve this, I might have to trade it for something else 😔
Wish l could suggest something but for me, these were the first seats in quite a few cars I've owned that l found immediately comfortable.-a highlight for the Bronco imo. Sorry to hear you can't find the right adjustment.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Used to work for a guy who worked for a chiropractor. Said the #1 issue he had with men was them wearing their wallet in their back pocket. I was having back pain on the regular, put my (overstuffed) wallet in my back pocket. Moved it to my front pocket and voila! Most of my back pain dissipated in a few days.

Moral of the story: See a doctor and think about root causes; you may have some underlying issue that needs treatment or at least diagnosis.

Subtext: Don't put your wallet in your back pocket.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have you reversed the headrest yet?
This made the biggest change for me. I feel like I need my seat reclined a ridiculous amount and my headrest back for comfort. Doing this changed my limit from a hour to multiple plus.
Mind you I’ve never had this problem with any other vehicle, including the multiple work trucks I’ve had.

Sponsored

Drizz

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW X7, 2020 Porsche 911 CS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you reversed the headrest yet?
Is this serious or a joke? I’ve only had my Bronco for about 2 weeks now and find the headrest the worst part about the seat. Feel like it pushes my head forward and wished there was a way to adjust it back, but it only goes up or down. Hadn’t even thought about just pulling it out and reversing. Genius! Going to try that when I leave work.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
flip the headrest and save $60 by going to a fastener store. there are wedges used for bolting though i-beam flanges to keep the bolt vertical, if the headrest don't work. i make good money but can't justify $80 for a couple of blots and wedges.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this serious or a joke? I’ve only had my Bronco for about 2 weeks now and find the headrest the worst part about the seat. Feel like it pushes my head forward and wished there was a way to adjust it back, but it only goes up or down. Hadn’t even thought about just pulling it out and reversing. Genius! Going to try that when I leave work.
Is this a difference between trims or something? My headrest moves forward/backward.

4X4XFAR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Try no lumbar support at all (vs. max which you said you have it set to).
My Base seats are good for 12 hours, so I don't have a problem, but minimum lumbar support is the best setting for me.