First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not a believer in undercoating. But I live in the south. I could see if it were applied wrong or certain seams are missed and it traps more water/salt because it sealed a bottom seam and missed the top it could be worse than no undercoating.
Sponsored

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@CrazyPete How do you like the Woolwax? I have been debating between Krown and doing it myself, as well. I have never used Krown, but have a friend that swears by it. I've used POR-15 in the past, but never a wax/oil coating.
I honestly like Woolwax better than Krown because it's thicker and seems like it's not going anywhere anytime soon. As a matter of fact, Woolwax says you can do it every 2 yrs, where Krown needs to be done every year since it washes off. I still will apply the Woolwax every year though. But, the down side to Woolwax is since it's thicker, it doesn't flow into the cracks are easily as the the thin stuff, such as Krown. Krown used to be a thicker formula, but they thinned it out several years back. Just apply the Woolwax when the weather is hot and I think you'll be more than good to go. Once it sets up, the Woolwax is waxy thick. 👍

https://www.woolwaxusa.com/

👍

Last edited:

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m not a believer in undercoating. But I live in the south. I could see if it were applied wrong or certain seams are missed and it traps more water/salt because it sealed a bottom seam and missed the top it could be worse than no undercoating.
The undercoating that most of us Northerners apply, is an oil base coat that does not harden and it displaces water.

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How did that go for you? I sprayed my TJ frame with Wool Wax, using a decent sized compressor and their dedicated applicator gun/wand. I got it applied ok, but felt the spray pattern could have been better. Maybe I need to either heat it up, or cut it down with something.

A guy I know uses Fluid Film, and cuts it down with WD-40. Which seems questionable- but he claims is works great and flows into the nooks and cracks better that way.
I honestly like Woolwax better than Fluid Flim because it's thicker and seems like it's not going anywhere anytime soon. As a matter of fact, Woolwax says you can do it every 2 yrs, where Fluid Flim needs to be done every year since it washes off. I still will apply the Woolwax every year though. But, the down side to Woolwax is since it's thicker, it doesn't flow into the cracks are easily as the the thinner stuff, such as Fluid Flim but it does creep. Just apply the Woolwax when the weather is hot and I think you'll be more than good to go in my opinion.....that's what i did.👍I used 6 of their spray cans and their wand. Worked really good. The pressure in the Woolwax cans was intense....waaaaay more than your typical spray can. On a side note, Woolwax (Kellsport) use to market Fluid Film to the auto industry.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've never ventured into the world of undercoating - I was always under the impression and was told it was snake oil :rolleyes: :eek:🤣

No not literally , but a rip off to take your money.

Assuming it works ( and I'm not convinced) but assuming, at least to some degree, wouldn't it drip off in the summer and ruin driveway/ garage floor ?
And wouldn't anyone, including yourself who has to do any work get pretty pissed off having to deal with that crap, even to just do a simple oil change?

Now we are talking about a Bronco, taken even just on a dirt road, what kind of sticky muddy hell do you have to deal with after that?

I've always just washed my vehicles, in the winter when they are salting the roads - just more often.
Sponsored