Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I heard there was a LOT of carnage all around… curious if this was just how it goes every year or is it the massive “peer pressure” factor to outdo others? Or the really nice prizes for whoever makes it up an obstacle the fastest, causing people to drive outside their comfort zones. Idk, never been. But it seemed like an unusual amount of broken Bronco’s from the posts in my feed. Oh it’s blown up and there wasn’t that much carnage

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I heard there was a LOT of carnage all around… curious if this was just how it goes every year or is it the massive “peer pressure” factor to outdo others? Or the really nice prizes for whoever makes it up an obstacle the fastest, causing people to drive outside their comfort zones. Idk, never been. But it seemed like an unusual amount of broken Bronco’s from the posts in my feed. Oh it’s blown up and there wasn’t that much carnage
There were 2 roll overs that I know of. Most of the carnage is some body and bumper damage. A few tie rod ends and misc. I think some people just have a “send it “ mentality. I would say for the most part people are chill

Potluck99

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 CJ5, 1977 J10, 2022 Lowrider ST
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I heard there was a LOT of carnage all around…
This was my 3rd and final year. It was a shit show. Groups were way too big. Some first time trail leaders that probably should’ve had some help (as well as Trail Leaders that always seem to have major carnage whenever they are “leading”)
Comparing it to Trail Hero or Winter Jamboree- it’s subpar. It’s a bummer because the first year was so much fun, probably because it was a manageable size for the help they had. The organizers mean well and seem like good people, but I think they are over their head a bit now.
Sucks paying for group runs and then peeling off after being stuck behind 40+ broncos not moving.
Not trying to be salty, but last year there was some incidents that turned me off a bit, and this year sealed it for me. that being said- Sand Hollow is ALWAYS a good time no matter the circumstances.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So did anyone get pics of the Oly tribute, previous thread said it was going to be there

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So did anyone get pics of the Oly tribute, previous thread said it was going to be there
Yes I did. The guy asked me to park mine at his tent the first day. He was a pretty nice guy. He has a bunch of heritage editions as well

IMG_6158.jpeg

IMG_6161.jpeg

IMG_6160.jpeg

OP
OP
AARDVARK122

AARDVARK122

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 volvo xc70
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This was my 3rd and final year. It was a shit show. Groups were way too big. Some first time trail leaders that probably should’ve had some help (as well as Trail Leaders that always seem to have major carnage whenever they are “leading”)
Comparing it to Trail Hero or Winter Jamboree- it’s subpar. It’s a bummer because the first year was so much fun, probably because it was a manageable size for the help they had. The organizers mean well and seem like good people, but I think they are over their head a bit now.
Sucks paying for group runs and then peeling off after being stuck behind 40+ broncos not moving.
Not trying to be salty, but last year there was some incidents that turned me off a bit, and this year sealed it for me. that being said- Sand Hollow is ALWAYS a good time no matter the circumstances.
Yes it was pretty bad my first day. Just way too many people in the lineup. I think we had 30 on day one. But my second day I did the later time slot and we only had 7 cars. And the last day was only 10 cars. So my experience was a little better.

Kmautah

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat, Tesla Model 3, MB Sprinter Van (170)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was that on your wife’s road bike. If so then yes that was me.
yep, she was very happy with the 34 climbing gear. Cool to see your Ranger Bronco doing those sand hollow trails, I'll have to get more details from you on those trails, they are some that I want to run as well.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look like a lot of Bronco's were there. I saw the rollover, it looked like he just tipped over, but then slid down. Glad he was alright.

OoO some good pics of the Armadillo top. I am hoping they start getting them out this month!

Print744

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I guess based on the overwhelming response of photos that not to many people on the forum went to UBB. I was looking forward to seeing more cool pictures. Oh well it was worth a try.
Give it time. We all just got back. I need to curate my (Broncadonk) pics and I'll post them. I love that you set this up. One big photo dump for everyone's pics (hint hint, DV8) is great.

TireFlate

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tireflate.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I figured I would start a thread for people to dump photos of United by broncos. It was a great 3 days, lots of new friends and fun trails. I have a few good videos too. But too large to add.

IMG_6230.jpeg

IMG_6202.jpeg

IMG_6205.jpeg

IMG_6187.jpeg

IMG_6214.jpeg

IMG_6226.jpeg

We had a blast!
IMG_6225.jpeg

IMG_6224.jpeg

IMG_6199.jpeg
IMG_0831.jpeg

Sozzy1269