First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
what is stopping everyone from placing their order and then backing out in June or whenever they start arriving?
Very little to nothing. We've had the conversation at our dealership and we decided not to charge any additional deposit to place the actual order. It does put us at a point of risk because we the dealership buy the Bronco before you the customer pay for it. But let's be real, any unclaimed Bronco will sell quickly, and likely at a premium. Imagine the demand for an unclaimed First Edition! To mitigate it as much as possible though, I'll likely offer payment estimations and the like prior to submitting the order, that way people can budget check themselves.
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are dealers going to eventually require an additional down payment closer to when we ACTUALLY order these things?

asking because everyone keeps saying “60% of reservations won’t convert to orders” or whatever. But if all you will have to do is fill out the order form online In December and there is no commitment beyond that, what is stopping everyone from placing their order and then backing out in June or whenever they start arriving?
the dealers would love that. they'd have a vehicle available to sell at full ADM and no price protections.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Granger Ford thoughts on this??
Seems fishy and contrary to everything we’ve heard so far.
Fishy is being nice...we have no way of ordering them...Bronco Sport is the only thing we can price...

I can’t speak to the truth or validity of the email. However, as active as @Granger Ford is on this forum, I would bet if something like this was true they would have already made a post about it or started sending out emails to their buyers. I have a reservation with Granger and haven’t heard anything like this yet.
I will keep all posted when the pricing comes in and ordering can begin...

Came this far to throw the towel in now
?

If only Ford's communication department stepped in to provide us regular updates.... that might be nice??‍♂?
Nothing as of yet...

And as Eric has stated in his comment:

Dealerships have nothing to do with your place in line...unless they do not complete the order...

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ICT SHOCKER

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ford Ranger & 17 Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

?
For sure not throwing in the towel. I’m just saying my guess is when anything official comes out you will be one of the first dealers to put out solid information.

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fishy is being nice...we have no way of ordering them...Bronco Sport is the only thing we can price...

?

Nothing as of yet...

Dealerships have nothing to do with your place in line...unless they do not complete the order...
Where'd the OP go? Lol.

Also since so many have switched to Granger, when the time comes to submit orders, will you have all of your sales department pitch in to help? So the numerous clients who switched to ya'll won't be at a disadvantage. At least something to consider. You only have like 43059 days left to prepare. :)

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Funny, I received a call this week from a salesman asking if I was ready to come in and place my Bronco order. I said “absolutely, but didn’t think we could do that until December, and I still haven’t seen the build and price tool on the Ford website” there was a moment of silence, followed by him saying I‘ll have to check on that and get back to you. Hate when I have more information than the dealership?
Whenever I've done research before buying a car, I have found that I ALWAYS know more than the salesperson at the dealership.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

?

Nothing as of yet...

QUESTION to Granger: When I spec, price and order my Bronco, how much of a deposit (besides the original $100) should I expect to put down? I would expect to pay $1000-$2000 (more?) non-refundable deposit to have Ford build a car to spec that i could ultimately walk away from. I have seen nothing about how this aspect of December ordering will work.

It seems fair that paid, to spec December orders with substantial deposits might be built in order. Thoughts?

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

QUESTION to Granger: When I spec, price and order my Bronco, how much of a deposit (besides the original $100) should I expect to put down? I would expect to pay $1000-$2000 (more?) non-refundable deposit to have Ford build a car to spec that i could ultimately walk away from. I have seen nothing about how this aspect of December ordering will work.

It seems fair that paid, to spec December orders with substantial deposits might be built in order. Thoughts?
From what the dealers on here have said, it varies dealer to dealer. The main three dealers on here are not requiring any extra deposit, Kearny Mesa (CA), Granger (IA) , Stephens (WV).

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zero, Nada not one red cent...

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My salesman called me when they got my reservation notification. Next he called and said he saved a brochure for me, he has not me reserved. Bought my current truck from him. I didn’t check my spam.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Zero, Nada not one red cent...
That's great news. I'll probably switch to your dealership. If you don't mind me asking, do you folks have any concerns about the percentage of buyers (20?) who will ultimately walk away when their vehicle arrives? I assume you are confident that you'll have plenty of other buyers eager to fill their shoes.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's great news. I'll probably switch to your dealership. If you don't mind me asking, do you folks have any concerns about the percentage of buyers (20?) who will ultimately walk away when their vehicle arrives? I assume you are confident that you'll have plenty of other buyers eager to fill their shoes.

While we hope that all of our orders find their homes with the one wanting the experience of owning the Bronco, there is the reality of life that things change and we may end up with some on the lot for sale...

We are not worried about the percentage of fallout, most of that will happen when B&P finally comes out so that folks can get a true idea of what they are committing to...

If some trickle down to lot vehicles they will sell, we have the Jeep Wranglers as well, so that is not one of our worries...
Sponsored