First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
New to posting. Been watching photos of everyone getting their Bronco...probably the only thing keeping me on the hook. Question I have is I get nothing from my dealer about updates, production or anything. Maybe I just expecting something that is not there but wanted to get this community feedback. I have a reservation in Sept. 2020. Order date of Jan. 15th. Outer banks, Lux pkg, MIC (changed to soft top 3 months ago to help move up), also made another concession to help ( I can't remember what). Also of note have a day 1 reservation of Lightning with same dealer (no update on ordering). Am I expecting too much? Just got a Tesla X and that process was much smoother not having a "dealer" involved...

Vehicle: Bronco​
Series: OUTER BANKS​
Date reservation placed: 09/14/2020​
Reservation ID number:​
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome, and join the crowd Chet. Ford doesn't send out much info., so there's not enough to go on anyway. If you have any questions, ask here. Someone may be able to help.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It may have more to do with there is nothing to update you about rather than shady practices by the dealer.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've heard nothing from my dealer. 7/13 reservation, scheduled on 12/9 for a 1/31 build then bumped to 2/7, then 2/14 then 2/28 and have heard zero from my dealer since I reordered in 11/21.

OP
OP

Carpetdawg

Outer Banks
First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the honest answers. Coming from a manufacturing background this is biggest mess I have seen or would expect from a company the size of Ford. Probably the reason "boutique" auto manufacturers are starting to make headway into the market. I'll press on into the blinding blizzard with hopes that Charlie brings me home a Golden Ticket one day.

Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

title of this tread says it all. Think 95% of us fall into that category. If I did my job the way they do I’d be fired in one day. Even if you know little at least work to show you give a shit and compassion.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If the status hasn't changed there will be no updates. As soon as it has a change the updates will come. There is no magic 8-ball that tells them yours will be produced on a specific date.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello, can I speak with Bob?
This is he.
Hey Bob, there's no update on your Bronco.
Thanks for the update.
I didn't give you an update, there isn't one.
Ok, talk to you later.
Bye.

:p

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the honest answers. Coming from a manufacturing background this is biggest mess I have seen or would expect from a company the size of Ford. Probably the reason "boutique" auto manufacturers are starting to make headway into the market. I'll press on into the blinding blizzard with hopes that Charlie brings me home a Golden Ticket one day.
My Ford grades (and I understand if people think I'm a soft grader):

Vehicle Design: A (design issues are fairly minor with the exception of the underengineered roofs, vehicle is a clear Wrangler beater for most driver use cases, will only get better as more aftermarket products are introduced)

Manufacturing during supply crunch: C+ (probable 2.7L issues Ford is silent about, highly variable roof quality, some other QC issues that maybe aren't too unexpected for a first-year vehicle, held the chip shortage at bay until last week, the situation is understandably challenging with both parts and labor)

Reservation system: D (Timestamps failed, can't transfer orders, MSRP protection but can't protect against surprise dealer price hikes, continually changing dealer allocations make the whole thing a farce)

Communication: D- (probably F if they don't send out a mass email soon explaining where we're at in the process, terrible info on where at individual orders are at from the reservation all the way through to delivery)

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I missing the part where you confirmed your 2021 order was rolled over to 2022? I would call your dealer and find out. The order rolls over automatically - but it also automatically gets put in 99 status. You would have received an email reconfirming the 22 order when its changed from 99 status is what i experienced.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Carpetdawg

Outer Banks
First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Am I missing the part where you confirmed your 2021 order was rolled over to 2022? I would call your dealer and find out. The order rolls over automatically - but it also automatically gets put in 99 status. You would have received an email reconfirming the 22 order when its changed from 99 status is what i experienced.
Res. 9/20
Confirmed order with deposit 1/21
Rolled to 2022
Made adjustments in Nov.
Sponsored