Sponsored

UPDATE: Issue with my dealer....NEED HELP!

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call ford Corp , they’ll tell you no more changes on 21 , bank closed
FWIW, the changes that Ford corporate can no longer be made (moving MY21 to another dealer, etc.), so from their perspective "no more changes on 21" is correct.

But changes to your build cannot be done by corporate and must be completed by the dealer. It has long been reported that you can still make changes to your build up until it is assigned a VIN. While that could change - like anything else - so far that hasn't been the case.

As the OP's successful resolution has shown, orders can still be modified by the dealer.
Sponsored

Sharky1951

Big Bend
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery,viper, Mitsubishi 3000Gt,87 Benz 560sl
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

FWIW, the changes that Ford corporate can no longer be made (moving MY21 to another dealer, etc.), so from their perspective "no more changes on 21" is correct.

But changes to your build cannot be done by corporate and must be completed by the dealer. It has long been reported that you can still make changes to your build up until it is assigned a VIN. While that could change - like anything else - so far that hasn't been the case.

As the OP's successful resolution has shown, orders can still be modified by the dealer.
I called again today and was once again told no changes can be made, so we’ll see whose correct

OP
OP
Brandon1282

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I called again today and was once again told no changes can be made, so we’ll see whose correct
Insist that the dealer try while you’re there and see what happens. My dealer was adamant that he couldn’t change mine either until he tried.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

UPDATE: The order definitely does not automatically convert.

Just went into my dealer and demanded to speak with someone who could actually update my order. They then told me that it was too late to update orders and the system was locked out. I preceded to lose my sh!t!!

They had a myriad of excuses (parts supplies were running short, people made to many changes, etc.), none of which were convincing. Finally I was able to speak with the guy who was handling all Bronco orders for the dealership, and he again told me it was too late to make any changes. I then asked him to explain to me what would happen to my First Edition order since you can’t get it with the MOD top, to which he responded, “I don’t know why you couldn’t get it. Your order shows it as an option.”

HOW DO THESE DEALERS HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT THIS AT THIS POINT!!!

Finally I said, “Can you just try to change the order and see what happens?” Despite his insistence that it wouldn’t work, guess what: update confirmed! I had him print my order summary and low and behold it was updated and my priority code was still a non-99 number (changed from 19 to 10 but I don’t think that means anything).

Moral of the story is:

1. Your FE order will not automatically convert your top to MIC if you initially order a Modular Top.
  2. Insist that your dealer complete the change
  3. Insist that they provide you with a copy of your order.
  4. If the dealer tells you that they can’t update the order, ask them to humor you and at least try!
Glad you were able to get it changed. It's sad that there are shitty dealerships out there. Like I was saying where my order was locked, my dealership actually contacted Ford as to why it was happening and was able to fix it. Good thing you stuck with it cause there are a lot of lazy ass salesman out there. It's said that we know more on this message board then the majority of dealers.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sooooo I had my dealer make the change... I am hoping that change doesn't get rid of my Ford Pass points.
Sponsored