Sponsored

UPDATE: Issue with my dealer....NEED HELP!

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. The most frustrating part is that the dealers don’t seem to be getting consistent information and it’s causing a ton of confusion with us, the customers.
You'll be fine you'll still get your FE with MIC this year. Not to worry.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are you going to tell me? When you are completely incorrect. For FE Holders they get the choice, or anyone for that matter that wants a MOD Top. This was in an email directly from Ford.

BRONCO PRODUCTION UPDATE: Black Painted MOD Hard Top & Dual Tops

WBDO Process Update

Please see the below process change for customers now wanting to wait for 22MY due to last week’s production update announcements:

· Orders originally built with now unavailable roofs should be left as 'dirty' in WBDO. Your Zone Manager & Regional teams will then be able to move these orders to 99 priority. Doing this will ensure the customer roof selection remains with the order till 22MY.

o NOTE: This replaces the need to add in the “22MY Wait” comment for customers choosing to wait
Ford says a lot of things. But as of right now, his build is still an FE with the Black Mod Top. It hasn't changed. Unless Ford makes that happen, which they can because our Mannequin was done by them and completely untouchable to Us. This is something I'm watching closely to see what happens.
Hey man, all’s I’m saying is that Ford communicated that all FE’s must get MIC because none will be a MY22.

Please pardon the page break... Ford put it there, not me:

Ford Bronco UPDATE:  Issue with my dealer....NEED HELP! 2D37C694-28CF-4D28-92CD-B1ECA95B0031

Attachments

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey man, all’s I’m saying is that Ford communicated that all FE’s must get MIC because none will be a MY22.

Please pardon the page break... Ford put it there, not me:
I've seen it. Ford hasn't forced a change. I'm going to talk to my Rep and see what happens if I leave it like that.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope it all works out for you OP and you get your FE with MIC. I have no idea this whole system is pretty confusing
I hope he gets an FE WITH a MOD Top ....talk about a RARE bird!!! That thing will be worth BANK right off the bat!!! LOL!

OP, if that happens, keep EVERY scrap of paper that comes with that thing and copies of ALL correspondence! LOL

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This sheds no light, but is still relevant:

Ford Bronco UPDATE:  Issue with my dealer....NEED HELP! 2D37C694-28CF-4D28-92CD-B1ECA95B0031
I originally assumed this meant all dual tops would need to be changed to MIC top only or wait til 2022, but now that I read it, it doesn't specifically say all dual tops. Can someone clarify if all dual tops are not available for 2021 or only Black Modular Dual tops are not available and you can get Mic dual tops.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I originally assumed this meant all dual tops would need to be changed to MIC top only or wait til 2022, but now that I read it, it doesn't specifically say all dual tops. Can someone clarify if all dual tops are not available for 2021 or only Black Modular Dual tops are not available and you can get Mic dual tops.
Only tops available for MY21 are soft top or MIC. MOD tops and Dual Tops of any combination are MY22

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. It’s all dual tops,

MY21:
MIC top
Soft top

MY22:
MIC top
Mod top
Soft top
Mod top and soft top
Mic top and soft top

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've seen it. Ford hasn't forced a change. I'm going to talk to my Rep and see what happens if I leave it like that.
So you’re testing the system? The guidance seems pretty clear. Is this your personal order your trying this out on or for a fully informed customer?

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford says a lot of things. But as of right now, his build is still an FE with the Black Mod Top. It hasn't changed. Unless Ford makes that happen, which they can because our Mannequin was done by them and completely untouchable to Us. This is something I'm watching closely to see what happens.
and your a dealer?? If my dealer was playing guessing games with my FE order I would be livid AF. Be proactive and do the research, it's clearly obvious to those of us who have been invested in this process for almost a year. MIC ONLY ON FE's. Besides, as it stands, you've got him 99'd and won't get shit until you change their priority number.
Based on your system you are not wrong, but based on your information you are wrong. Ford will update this automatically and your customer will receive a MIC and in turn will be mad AF because his dealer incorrectly told him he'd get a Painted MOD top.
not as a priority 99 they won't.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not as a priority 99 they won't.
[/QUOTE]

Priority Code 99 wont matter at all with an FE. It's getting Built in MY21. Clearly the dealer is misinformed on how this FE thing works. If it doesn't get built this year due to it Being coded 99 then this dealer just screwed that dude out of his FE order because they wont build it in MY22.

OP
OP
Brandon1282

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

UPDATE: The order definitely does not automatically convert.

Just went into my dealer and demanded to speak with someone who could actually update my order. They then told me that it was too late to update orders and the system was locked out. I preceded to lose my sh!t!!

They had a myriad of excuses (parts supplies were running short, people made to many changes, etc.), none of which were convincing. Finally I was able to speak with the guy who was handling all Bronco orders for the dealership, and he again told me it was too late to make any changes. I then asked him to explain to me what would happen to my First Edition order since you can’t get it with the MOD top, to which he responded, “I don’t know why you couldn’t get it. Your order shows it as an option.”

HOW DO THESE DEALERS HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT THIS AT THIS POINT!!!

Finally I said, “Can you just try to change the order and see what happens?” Despite his insistence that it wouldn’t work, guess what: update confirmed! I had him print my order summary and low and behold it was updated and my priority code was still a non-99 number (changed from 19 to 10 but I don’t think that means anything).

Moral of the story is:

1. Your FE order will not automatically convert your top to MIC if you initially order a Modular Top.
  2. Insist that your dealer complete the change
  3. Insist that they provide you with a copy of your order.
  4. If the dealer tells you that they can’t update the order, ask them to humor you and at least try!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE: The order definitely does not automatically convert.

Just went into my dealer and demanded to speak with someone who could actually update my order. They then told me that it was too late to update orders and the system was locked out. I preceded to lose my sh!t!!

They had a myriad of excuses (parts supplies were running short, people made to many changes, etc.), none of which were convincing. Finally I was able to speak with the guy who was handling all Bronco orders for the dealership, and he again told me it was too late to make any changes. I then asked him to explain to me what would happen to my First Edition order since you can’t get it with the MOD top, to which he responded, “I don’t know why you couldn’t get it. Your order shows it as an option.”

HOW DO THESE DEALERS HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT THIS AT THIS POINT!!!

Finally I said, “Can you just try to change the order and see what happens?” Despite his insistence that it wouldn’t work, guess what: update confirmed! I had him print my order summary and low and behold it was updated and my priority code was still a non-99 number (changed from 19 to 10 but I don’t think that means anything).

Moral of the story is:

1. Your FE order will not automatically convert your top to MIC if you initially order a Modular Top.
  2. Insist that your dealer complete the change
  3. Insist that they provide you with a copy of your order.
  4. If the dealer tells you that they can’t update the order, ask them to humor you and at least try!
I'm sorry you had to work so hard just to get your dealer to not screw your order up, but considering you got sh*t done and now you're apparently sitting pretty:

CONGRATS!!!!

Ford Bronco UPDATE:  Issue with my dealer....NEED HELP! URKioGwL3wPbRyoW6LRAYcCTsK6tMXlAN0dwf-f1A6y7DN3avA

(also, you probably helped a bunch of other Bronco buyers at the same dealer who had no idea they were in jeopardy)
Sponsored

Last edited: