mpn1341

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is your sales guys name "Charlie" by chance? I have a Bronco I ordered from 5 star ford Dallas sitting at the dealership waiting for me to pick it up but they are currently not wanting to honor price protection after repeatedly telling me I will get price protection, only my private offer certificate, so we are dead locked. My salesguy also does not do phone calls, only texts messages with days in between responses.
I don't think this is just SP/FS though; there are numerous dealerships that are not honoring price protections for some reason. You should at a look at the Price Protection Flowchart thread to get some information and contact Ford Marketing if you think something fishy is going on.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ultimate-2023my-price-protection-flowchart.58270/
Sponsored

mpn1341

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can get a towing package put on aftermarket easily. I took every constraint off my bronco including tow package. Reserved Dec 2020. Ordered March 2021 and delivered April 2022. The dealership was shocked. They were trying to prep me for 2023 or 24!
I feel so bad for people that were pressured into changing their orders based off of these constraints before banks opened. MIC, Lux, Tow, SAS. I ordered 3/27 with MIC and Tow. My brother-in-law added all the constraints. We both ordered 3/27 and both are already have our Scheduled Production weeks...

OP
OP

little_banana

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is your sales guys name "Charlie" by chance? I have a Bronco I ordered from 5 star ford Dallas sitting at the dealership waiting for me to pick it up but they are currently not wanting to honor price protection after repeatedly telling me I will get price protection, only my private offer certificate, so we are dead locked. My salesguy also does not do phone calls, only texts messages with days in between responses.
No, it's not him. Are you getting help any from Ford on your price protection on this?
I saw you have a 2019 4runner ORD, was really debating ordering a Bronco or a 2023/2024 4 runner TRD PRO as well.

OP
OP

little_banana

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel so bad for people that were pressured into changing their orders based off of these constraints before banks opened. MIC, Lux, Tow, SAS. I ordered 3/27 with MIC and Tow. My brother-in-law added all the constraints. We both ordered 3/27 and both are already have our Scheduled Production weeks...
I totally get it. Some people were talked out of the features that they really want, and ended up benefiting others. smh.

Sponsored

mpn1341

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@little_banana what ended up happening when you visited them today? Were you able to get a copy of your WBDO?

OP
OP

little_banana

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can get a towing package put on aftermarket easily. I took every constraint off my bronco including tow package. Reserved Dec 2020. Ordered March 2021 and delivered April 2022. The dealership was shocked. They were trying to prep me for 2023 or 24!
I had installed a tow hitch for my Jeep before, after watching some Youtube videos on installing one for Bronco, they are pretty much the same process.
Only concern I had was other than the tow hitch and the wiring, there might be something else added to the tow package. I heard there is a tow mode, which i wound't know how to add that on by myself. Hence decided keeping the tow package.
What i really want is the Lux package. My BMW has adaptive cruise control, which makes commute so much easier going through 75 rush hour traffic. After debating for a few days, i took that off when i put my order in on 3/27.

OP
OP

little_banana

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@little_banana what ended up happening when you visited them today? Were you able to get a copy of your WBDO?
When i went in this afternoon, I asked the guy who put my order in for a copy of my DORA. At first, he kept on saying the order is still pending to be picked up from Ford. I insisted on getting a copy and told him he can pull it from WBDO.
He then tried to look me up in the system but just couldn't find my name or my order. Then he took my DL and went to his manager. After 20 min wait, he came back with a print out with my Order Number, Priority Code(10), and my build sheet with my name on top. I asked if i need to sign anything, he said no, he already had my DL information in the system. Which thinking about it now, i should have asked for a copy of signed contract.
Planning to go back once i get my VIN, hopefully in the next couple of months, for a copy of singed DORA to make sure i have the price locked in.

OP
OP

little_banana

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Priority code is printed on your DORA (they can print that out of WBDO). Do you have a copy of your DORA? If not, do you even actually have an order?

You really need a copy of that anyway to help against dealership shenanigans down the road.
Is this considered the DORA?

Bronco DORA.jpg

Sponsored

mpn1341

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just posted above. Maybe it needs to be signed or i'm good for now?
You should be good for now, they gave you a copy of your buildsheet that they submitted to Ford. And as for price protection, since you ordered 3/27 the price shouldn't change because last price increase was 3/15. Price protection issues right now are really only affecting people with 2021 and 2022 orders.

OP
OP

little_banana

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You should be good for now, they gave you a copy of your buildsheet that they submitted to Ford. And as for price protection, since you ordered 3/27 the price shouldn't change because last price increase was 3/15. Price protection issues right now are really only affecting people with 2021 and 2022 orders.
Got it, thanks!
Now i'm just reading up on the Tow Package. Decisions decisions. It doesn't include the break controller so might not worth the $595 cost.
Plus, it is a constraint item.....

mpn1341

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it, thanks!
Now i'm just reading up on the Tow Package. Decisions decisions. It doesn't include the break controller so might not worth the $595 cost.
Plus, it is a constraint item.....
Yeah like I posted above, I gambled and kept constraints on and didn't have any issue. Already got my scheduled build week.

My conspiracy theory is that the constraints aren't as bad as they were making it seemed to be a few months ago.. only true constraints are base model/manual transmission/subwoofers.

OP
OP

little_banana

Outer Banks
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M340i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah like I posted above, I gambled and kept constraints on and didn't have any issue. Already got my scheduled build week.

My conspiracy theory is that the constraints aren't as bad as they were making it seemed to be a few months ago.. only true constraints are base model/manual transmission/subwoofers.
I'm gonna gamble for now and leave it on there and see.
If nothing happens within a month, might go back and ask them to remove the tow package.

Richardson

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4runner trd off road
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No, it's not him. Are you getting help any from Ford on your price protection on this?
I saw you have a 2019 4runner ORD, was really debating ordering a Bronco or a 2023/2024 4 runner TRD PRO as well.
Ford chat did give me the private offer certificate but the dealer should honor some form of price protection on top of that (which I was told would happen) as the difference from my time of order to now is about $6500. The dealer also placed my order incorrectly as a 4 door hard top and would not provide my DORA for 2 weeks until I could catch the "mistake". So, I had 2 orders when we corrected the first one. The 4 door came in last summer and I took it at MSRP. I could not keep the bronco and 4runner long term and ended up choosing to keep the 4runner for reliability and comfort since these were daily drivers. Most parts of this ordering and purchasing process have felt like a bit of a gamble of time and money.
Sponsored