First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's some shady sh*t. Unfortunately I am not surprised. Hope this gets resolved in your favor.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's totally wrong, power and greed but I am not surprised at all.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow. 🤬😡 This is awful to hear of this happening to you! Ford should do whatever they can in their power to help you. I’ve been lucky to have been buying my Broncos and a few of my relatives as well and only paying msrp.
very sorry to hear of this happening to you!!
Ford needs to help you if they can, whatever it takes!!

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have anything in writing? Any paper work, any record of this?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I use to live near this dealer. Nothing surprises me and based on the last couple days there is going to be a lot more of this since well the flipping of Braptors is in high gear and dealers are gonna say screw it and take the 30/40/50k ADMs.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, back in June the dealer told you that you would have to bid on your own order? Why would you do business with them?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends what happened.

If the dealer and the customer came to an agreement and a price agreement/buyer's order was signed, then it's effectively the customer order and the customer's vehicle. If the dealer breaks that agreement and sells it to someone else, that is against the dealer agreement and Ford can intervene. But if no agreement was ever made then there isn't anything Ford can do, because Ford cannot force dealers to sell vehicles at specific prices. There is nothing in the dealer agreement that allows Ford to dictate prices.

What is sounds like is the dealer said "Hey if you want this Bronco Raptor, you need to bid on it." But no bids were ever made by the customer, so the dealer sold it to someone else.

People mistakenly assumed that if you got the "golden ticket" that the Bronco Raptor is effectively yours, but that's not the case. All the "golden ticket" did was give you "first dibs" at ordering a Bronco Raptor. Still need to come to an agreement on pricing with the dealer.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, definitely get this on the air with all radio and news stations. Do the interview with the news station right in front of thier dealership
You mean the radio and TV stations that the dealership most likely spends thousands of dollars a year to advertise on? You think upper management would let that story air or just shrug and chalk it up as a sign of the times?

OP, sorry this happened to your family.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Sorry about this, but I can't say I'm surprised. My dealer, who doesn't charge any markup for regular orders, even warned us all about the Raptors, he said that's the only one that will get marked up and its because they (a vary large dealer), will only get 2 of them. I didn't like hearing it, but at least he was honest and up front so only the big-buck-buyers would be willing to trade their spot for a Raptor. It almost sounds like the buyer here was warned that they'd have to bid on their own Raptor, but they proceeded anyway? I'd have nixed the order right then.

Sponsored

WhiteGen6

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd send a letter DIRECTLY to FORD. They are apparently clamping down on dealerships charging crazy markups.
Posting this for my family member.

Today … an Illinois dealership (Ron Tirapelli Ford, Shorewood , IL) stole a Braptor (golden ticket holder) order and sold it for $40,000 over msrp. Absolutely no communication to my kids that it was even delivered. Every single person and manager/owner lied, lied, lied about the right to sell it.
Not to mention back in June the dealership told them they had to bid on their own order and wanted $30k over msrp then.
Communication was made with Mike Levin of Ford in June about the Raptor order and issues with the dealership.

After waiting over two years for the order to come in and all the disappointment of not getting the First Edition. Now this.
So sick of these greedy dealerships stealing orders.
When will this end!!! How many complaints before ford stops this madness?!

Called an attorney and they were disgusted and suggested the state’s attorney’s office and calling the local investigative news crew.

if anyone has a solid solution or suggestions on how to handle this please advise
Lady in Blue,
I dont see an order for this name in our Bronco Order bank can you assit with what name it is under so we can try to get this straightened out? I can assure you anyone who has had a valid Ford Bronco order has been delivered their Bronco at MSRP a promised. I am more than willing to look into any issues if you know of one. Tom Conlin 815-460-3910 Ron Tirapelli Ford

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
just eating my popcorn over here.....

WhiteGen6

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lady in Blue,
I dont see an order for this name in our Bronco Order bank can you assit with what name it is under so we can try to get this straightened out? I can assure you anyone who has had a valid Ford Bronco order with Ron Tirapelli Ford has been delivered their Bronco at MSRP a promised. I am more than willing to look into any issues if you know of one. Tom Conlin 815-460-3910 Ron Tirapelli Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.