Sponsored

Upgrading sound system - recommendations?

Michiganman

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello everyone.

I just got a 2023 Wiltrak. I got it used and under 10,000 miles. It's the lux package and had the B&O system with the 12" screen. I want to upgrade the speakers cause I believe they suck. I got online and looked at speaker upgrades on Crutchfield and have a small wish list. Yesterday I went to my local audio plus and asked them what my options are. They told me they can't do anything cause it's 12" head unit. Im like WTF. Please tell me I can upgrade my speakers. If so any suggestions?
Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 12” with base speaker set up. I upgraded the entire audio system with amps, speakers and sub. Go someplace else.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go to a different audio store. You can definitely upgrade the speakers with the B&O and many people on here have, myself included.

General consensus is that the kick panels aren't worth upgrading and that speakers with a higher sensitivity rating are better with the stock amp. I did the Hertz DCX 100.3 on all 4 corners and a PRV 4MR60-4 in the center dash speaker.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Go to a different audio store. You can definitely upgrade the speakers with the B&O and many people on here have, myself included.

General consensus is that the kick panels aren't worth upgrading and that speakers with a higher sensitivity rating are better with the stock amp. I did the Hertz DCX 100.3 on all 4 corners and a PRV 4MR60-4 in the center dash speaker.
Memphis MJP6 demonstrates otherwise for kick panel- fantastic upgrade on stock B&O amp.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello everyone.

I just got a 2023 Wiltrak. I got it used and under 10,000 miles. It's the lux package and had the B&O system with the 12" screen. I want to upgrade the speakers cause I believe they suck. I got online and looked at speaker upgrades on Crutchfield and have a small wish list. Yesterday I went to my local audio plus and asked them what my options are. They told me they can't do anything cause it's 12" head unit. Im like WTF. Please tell me I can upgrade my speakers. If so any suggestions?
You most certainly can. Plenty of examples of just that on this forum.

While you are at it, consider an amplifier upgrade. mObridge is what I went with but there are also other examples that may be a bit more budget friendly.

OP
OP

Michiganman

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello everyone.

You most certainly can. Plenty of examples of just that on this forum.

While you are at it, consider an amplifier upgrade. mObridge is what I went with but there are also other examples that may be a bit more budget friendly.
thanks for the input. I was thinking of using the kicker key for the speakers then another amp for the sub. any suggestions

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thanks for the input. I was thinking of using the kicker key for the speakers then another amp for the sub. any suggestions
Quite a number of folk have gone the kicker key route and are a reasonably priced option (and the auto DSP tuning feature seems nice). I'm not certain of the intricacies when it comes to installing those with the LUX package but there are a number of threads on the forum that may shed some additional info.

The mObridge amplifier ties into the digital audio bus (a2b) directly while, I believe, the kicker keys are using analog inputs. It is almost plug and play with the exception of running power, the center channel, and the two rear channels. I didn't use their install harness myself and choose to run those channels directly to the amp (as opposed to using a harness interposer with long runs). Tuning the DSP may be a bit more of a challenge than the kicker keys as there is no aux audio input but it is doable. mObridge provides a starting tune that get's you 90% of the way there. The amplifier is very nice sounding with plenty of power for most, tunable per channel DSP, is nearly plug and play, and fits into the location of the OE amp.

It is a somewhat more pricey option but it is a single amp with a sufficient number of channels.

The amplifier:

https://mobridge.us/product/mobridge-bo-a2b-ford-amp/

The Bronco kit (with interposer and mounting plate) and power harness:

https://mobridge.us/product/ford-bronco-amplifier-plug-and-play-a2b-copy/

What it looks like as mounted with trim panel removed:
Ford Bronco Upgrading sound system - recommendations? 1710690194128-tj

Last edited:

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow the audio store said they can’t do anything?! Surprised they are still in business. What’s been said search on here. The very first thing I did was redo my speakers. I upgraded all to morel, blew 2 sets in the dash by the time I realized I needed bass blockers. (Crutchfield insisted I did not need them) I think I went with the smallest blocker. Now I’m running kickers. Focals in the door, (someone mentioned not to upgrade these which you should that’s where majority of your bass comes from)And 6.5 focals in the rear. I made and installed my own hidden sub box (8 inch sub) where yours is located and powered that by a JL marine grade amp. I also flashed the cpu to give full range to the rear speakers. You could run the kicker key although they’re like always on back order they come up here time to time. And plug and play sells a variety of kits to plug the amp in and make installation a breeze.

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello everyone.

mine was garbage period
i went to co axle alpines deck and pods
alpine 6" mini subs in kickers
mti tail gate sub in enclosure
amps amp and processor
blow factory away and was cost effective for difference

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
anyone have the B&O stock amp out of their Bronco to tell me the dimensions of it ?

LAX-DAD

Outer Banks
First Name
G.L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dualing Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
anyone have the B&O stock amp out of their Bronco to tell me the dimensions of it ?
My amp is semi-out. Relocated while building my amp rack. Hope these dimensions help.

IMG_0502.jpeg

IMG_0504.jpeg

IMG_0503.jpeg

IMG_0500.jpeg

IMG_0501.jpeg

IMG_0505.jpeg

Switchworks_Kyle

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Kyle
Threads