First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the add. I live in Durango and my new Bronco is mainly an appliance for accessing little used trailheads.

I pulled the rear seats, since it will mostly be my canine and myself. I am a retired product developer from the outdoor and tactical industry, have solid fabrication capabilities, and a number of composite panels floating around. My build will be simply - flat platform over the cavity where the rear seats were (where his Gunner kennel; will now live), and a cavity underneath to put packs and stuff sacks. A ramped piece will bridge the rear cargo space with the platform.

Question: Is there a go-to surface treatment? I am after something very utilitarian, like a EVA rubberized mat that I can attach with adhesive. I am affraid that a spray on application may not adhere well to a composite panel.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m not sure if this is exactly what you’re looking for, but I used this mat for the base layer when I ripped out the back seats of my 2D. I stretched it taught and adhered to the floor with upholstery adhesive. It fit almost perfectly with a bit of trimming and has been a good liner for the pup’s bed that sits on top.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Durangatan

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks so much. don't have incontinence issues, but would be covered if I did. :)

I looking for more of an EVA mat type product. I'm after something that I could just hit with a damp rag for removing particulate matter. I am sure that I could purchase sheets on Amazon, but wondering if any one here has personal experience with a particular source.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, just an idea... I had an old pickup bed mat (rubber) and I cut it to fit (shears) on a similar project. Hope this helps....

BigCatISU

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be interested in what you find. This is what we were looking at for our rear platform.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Durangatan

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the responses. I also have a swatch of this coming.

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I suck at adding links, But maybe something like SeaDeck? Or one of the amazon knock offs for half the price. Stuff sticks to my boat and holds up to me dragging fishing stuff all over it while being out in the FL sun

Arvitrekking

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the add. I live in Durango and my new Bronco is mainly an appliance for accessing little used trailheads.

I pulled the rear seats, since it will mostly be my canine and myself. I am a retired product developer from the outdoor and tactical industry, have solid fabrication capabilities, and a number of composite panels floating around. My build will be simply - flat platform over the cavity where the rear seats were (where his Gunner kennel; will now live), and a cavity underneath to put packs and stuff sacks. A ramped piece will bridge the rear cargo space with the platform.

Question: Is there a go-to surface treatment? I am after something very utilitarian, like a EVA rubberized mat that I can attach with adhesive. I am affraid that a spray on application may not adhere well to a composite panel.

Thanks in advance.
I’m thinking of trying something like this garage floor mat material.
Happybuy Garage Floor Mat 4.9x13ft Vinyl Garage Flooring Roll Anti-Slide Diamond Texture Silver Garage Mats for Under Car 63.7sqft Covering Space DIY PVC Garage Floor Mat for Gyms Boats Car Trailer https://a.co/d/8ZoeqMH

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw where someone used something like this from Tractor Supply to cover the back with something sturdy that would stand up to Pet duty. Only $37

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put this type of marine decking foam on my rear storage enclosure. Easy to clean, waterproof, etc. Any color under the rainbow.

Also no slip for the pups.

Ford Bronco Utilitarian Decking Material for Rear Seat Removal 81q9AfczsML._AC_SL1500_

Sponsored

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m thinking of trying something like this garage floor mat material.
Happybuy Garage Floor Mat 4.9x13ft Vinyl Garage Flooring Roll Anti-Slide Diamond Texture Silver Garage Mats for Under Car 63.7sqft Covering Space DIY PVC Garage Floor Mat for Gyms Boats Car Trailer https://a.co/d/8ZoeqMH
I don't recommend this material. Built a shelf and covered with some...Nothing grips to it...bins slide around like crazy on this stuff.

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why this is just perfect. It is made for horses. The Bronco will love it.
I have this in mine. Let it air out a bit before putting it in the back. The chemical smell is strong. The mat is pretty much invulnerable though.
(Edit to add pic)
Ford Bronco Utilitarian Decking Material for Rear Seat Removal 20211030_134517

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I put this type of marine decking foam on my rear storage enclosure. Easy to clean, waterproof, etc. Any color under the rainbow.

Also no slip for the pups.

Ford Bronco Utilitarian Decking Material for Rear Seat Removal 20211030_134517
This looks like the SeaDeck product. Is this the same or similar product? Do you have a link? I've been planning on using the SeaDeck product, but it is expensive.
Sponsored