Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know lol. I’ve gone from I want a BB to an OB to a WT is an exceptional value!!
I'll lie to myself and say it's a good value too just to get what I want.

(Not saying that's what you're doing, it's just me being honest)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. Correct. I forgot to put in 4-door in my original description. My bad.

Chris
All good. I’m going 2 door so I based it on 2 door.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All good. I’m going 2 door so I based it on 2 door.
It's worse with the 2-door though.

Same build as above:
Badlands with MIC Top: $55,190
WildTrak with Black Top: $55,270

In this case, $80 more for the WildTrak with less features.

Granted, this is all moot until we get B&P for actual pricing vs. survey.

Chris

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BL unique suspension with front stabilizer bar disconnect means it has the stabilizer disconnect and has more articulation for rock crawling than the Wildtrack . Mainly due to that and having 33's as the standard tire and doesn't have the bushing that limits wheel travel that the wildtrak has . I think the bash plates are heavier in the BL and it comes standard with the rock rails also .
Gotcha. Rock climbing is not in my future, I can guarantee that. It helps to know some of the Sasquatch components are installed on the BL as that adds value along with the axles and everything.

I’m struggling between I hate the OB flares and the BB can’t have anything past the mid package. The WT while really awesome is too pricy for my tastes. So I’m trying to persuade myself the BL is the next best thing as it has the axles, the auto 4X4, steel bumpers, larger tires and can add all the packages.

But it’s still just going to be a fun DD for my wife that sees the mountains every once and awhile and maybe hits some trails. So it’s essentially overkill tbh lol.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's worse with the 2-door though.

Same build as above:
Badlands with MIC Top: $55,190
WildTrak with Black Top: $55,270

In this case, $80 more for the WildTrak with less features.

Granted, this is all moot until we get B&P for actual pricing vs. survey.

Chris
Im getting 54,943 for the WT @6.4% interest with bash plates, rock rails and the bumper. Doesn’t need anything else I can think of?

I’m getting $53,279 for the BL with mid, auto, 2.7 and modular. I’m removing the Sasquatch cost as that was skewing the results.

But price for price they’re closer now and make much more sense.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m very confused about the value of the BL and now even more the OB. First things first I am an ignorant 4X4 so if I’m missing something, this where you all come in.

Im attempting to assign a value to each trim to see what is the best for your money.

Based on 2 door:

Outer Banks: $40,450
Badlands: $43,590
WildTrak: $50,370

First things first I’m mildly confused about the suspension. On one page of the comparison it says the BL gets “unique suspension with front stabilizer bar disconnect.” Tbh I have absolutely no idea what that means. But on the 2nd page it says that the BL and WT both get the bilstein suspension standard. So which is it? Is it “unique” or is it the same as the WT? I know the BL gets the rock crawl so obviously something is going on there I’m not sure of.

Moving on...

I took the trims as best I could and assigned them a value based on the parts we know about and their theoretical survey cost.

Outer Banks has $3,200 is add-ons. Mid, Auto and tube steps. Body colored flares are not an add-on to me.

Badlands: $2,650 in add ons. Bash plates, rock rails, switches, steel bumper, auto 4X4 (only $200 doesn’t seem right) and electronic locking axles

WildTrak: $13,200 in add-ons. Modular hardtop, switches, mid, Sasquatch, auto, 2.7, auto 4X4, electronic locking axles

I deducted the add-ons from the price:

OB: $37,250
BL: $40,940
WT: $37,170

The Wild Trak is by far and away the best deal here. For $80 less than OB you get at the very least the upgraded axles. You get a better base vehicle for less money. You can upgrade most of this but there’s really just no point.

The BL is $3,770 more than the base WT and really all you get is the vinyl seats and the rubber floor as things you can’t add to the WT. For 4K? This is where the suspension questions come in. Are they the same? Different?

Adding everything to the BL the WT has makes it $55,790 and the WT is $51,270 with steel bumpers, Bash plates and a fancy hood graphic.

So for $4,520 you get rubber floors and vinyl seats?
Rowing your own gears?
...PRICELESS!

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rowing your own gears?
...PRICELESS!
Wife doesn’t want a manual this time. I guess after driving one for 20 years she’s sick of it. I’m fine with that, I prefer automatics as traffic sucks.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's hilarious people are trying to figure out "value" when pricing has not yet been announced.

We have no idea yet. ha
Yet here you are.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im getting 54,943 for the WT @6.4% interest with bash plates, rock rails and the bumper. Doesn’t need anything else I can think of?

I’m getting $53,279 for the BL with mid, auto, 2.7 and modular. I’m removing the Sasquatch cost as that was skewing the results.

But price for price they’re closer now and make much more sense.
Just to compare our numbers, with the spreadsheet I've been using:

Badlands
MSRP - $42,095
Delivery - $1,495
2.7 L - $1,900
Automatic - $1,600
Luxe - $5,000
Sasquatch - $2,500
Towing - $600

$55,190

WildTrak
MSRP - $48,875
Delivery - $1,495
Luxe - $3,500
Towing - $6,00
Modular Front Bumper & Bash Plates - $800

$55,270

Chris

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, this makes much more sense. It’s why I asked the question, it wasn’t meant to sound inflammatory. I was not aware of the suspension differences but assumed something was there. So with the Sasquatch cost added it skewed the numbers wildly and made me wonder wtf was going on.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife doesn’t want a manual this time. I guess after driving one for 20 years she’s sick of it. I’m fine with that, I prefer automatics as traffic sucks.
I totally get it. I could probably live without the disconnect, but I need muh manual. Wife didn't like it either until I asked her to name the last time she drove with me in the car...she never does and doesn't want to. I've also been stuck in SoCal traffic for 2.5 hours with a manual and it suuuuuuuucked, but now I can leave early and take back roads or pull over on the way back and post GIFs on Bronco6G.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, you are comparing apples to oranges by trying to take the estimated price of what you believe is the lowest common denoninator of the three trims (no such animal). It throws a huge amount of error into your math because you are leaving a lot of standard stuff out and you have no idea of what dollar value Ford assigns to it.

To make your comparison work you have two options;

1. Pick one of the three trims and either add or subtract from the other two to get the final numbers.
2. Take the highest trim with the most options available and tart up the other two until they match as closely as possible.

The most accurate with only survey pricing available would be number 2.

Since the highest trim would be a 2.7 BL with the painted roof. Sasquatch, and auto trans, get that cost first.

for the OBX, add auto 4x4 (it won't be a $200 option, probably four times that), the bumpers, the 2.7, Sasquatch, (go look at Ford's list of model differences between BL and OBX) subtract the cost you think is reasonable for the interior differences and so on.

do the same for the Wildtrak.

I suspect you will find, as everyone else has, that the difference (and it is a very rough estimate as we don't have real prices) will be within a couple hundred bucks of each other. Which is probably what the cost is on the swaybar disconnect.

Ford is not going to mistakenly price a screaming bargain into the option pricing vs. standard pricing. Loading up any one of them will result in essentially the same price. (if you have an invoice deal on options, you might find a better deal by loading one up rather than moving trims)

So if you are going to load one up, doesn't make much difference, if you are going to go with lower options, then you can go down a trim and option up some to get where you want.

If you want high or Lux and a manual, you have exactly one trim choice. so it is irrelevant.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.