First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't doubt it, and I wasn't on the forums when all the survey pricing stuff was collected, so I'm just going off the spreadsheets posted here. Either way it would reinforce my point if it were more than $800.

Chris
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I originally wanted the OB I have now been looking into the BL and here are my thoughts on the value for money. If you won't be taking it off roading or if you plan on doing little or moderate trail riding the OB with better tires is the best value. It has some extra creature comforts and where it saves $ over the BL is with side step rails vs rocks sliders, smaller tires, no front SB DC, suspension, plastic bumper vs modual steel. Basically for what $3k less than the BL you get a less off-road version Bronco and it comes with the 2.3L auto. Or ~$5k less than the BL if it has the auto.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, you are comparing apples to oranges by trying to take the estimated price of what you believe is the lowest common denoninator of the three trims (no such animal). It throws a huge amount of error into your math because you are leaving a lot of standard stuff out and you have no idea of what dollar value Ford assigns to it.

To make your comparison work you have two options;

1. Pick one of the three trims and either add or subtract from the other two to get the final numbers.
2. Take the highest trim with the most options available and tart up the other two until they match as closely as possible.

The most accurate with only survey pricing available would be number 2.

Since the highest trim would be a 2.7 BL with the painted roof. Sasquatch, and auto trans, get that cost first.

for the OBX, add auto 4x4 (it won't be a $200 option, probably four times that), the bumpers, the 2.7, Sasquatch, (go look at Ford's list of model differences between BL and OBX) subtract the cost you think is reasonable for the interior differences and so on.

do the same for the Wildtrak.

I suspect you will find, as everyone else has, that the difference (and it is a very rough estimate as we don't have real prices) will be within a couple hundred bucks of each other. Which is probably what the cost is on the swaybar disconnect.

Ford is not going to mistakenly price a screaming bargain into the option pricing vs. standard pricing. Loading up any one of them will result in essentially the same price. (if you have an invoice deal on options, you might find a better deal by loading one up rather than moving trims)

So if you are going to load one up, doesn't make much difference, if you are going to go with lower options, then you can go down a trim and option up some to get where you want.

If you want high or Lux and a manual, you have exactly one trim choice. so it is irrelevant.
Yeah. Very true. Issue was me added Sasquatch, the trims match in price now so it is totally irrelevant.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to compare our numbers, with the spreadsheet I've been using:

Badlands
MSRP - $42,095
Delivery - $1,495
2.7 L - $1,900
Automatic - $1,600
Luxe - $5,000
Sasquatch - $2,500
Towing - $600

$55,190

WildTrak
MSRP - $48,875
Delivery - $1,495
Luxe - $3,500
Towing - $6,00
Modular Front Bumper & Bash Plates - $800

$55,270

Chris

Badlands
MSRP - $42,095
Delivery - $1,495
2.7 L - $1,900
Automatic - $1,600
Luxe - $5,000
Sasquatch - $5,000
Towing - $600

$57,690

WildTrak
MSRP - $48,875
Delivery - $1,495
Luxe - $3,500
Towing - $600
Modular Front Bumper - $800
Bash Plate - $250

$55,520

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is now that I’m not adding a 5K Sasquatch package lol.

Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands
MSRP - $42,095
Delivery - $1,495
2.7 L - $1,900
Automatic - $1,600
Luxe - $5,000
Sasquatch - $5,000
Towing - $600

$57,690

WildTrak
MSRP - $48,875
Delivery - $1,495
Luxe - $3,500
Towing - $600
Modular Front Bumper - $800
Bash Plate - $250

$55,520
There's where you're probably incorrect. They wouldn't dare charge the same price to Squatch a Badlands since it already has most everything.

Survey pricing has BD at $4,500 and BL at $2,500.

Chris

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's where you're probably incorrect. They wouldn't dare charge the same price to Squatch a Badlands since it already has most everything.

Survey pricing has BD at $4,500 and BL at $2,500.

Chris
Yup, configurator is wrong. At least we all now know why I thought that lol.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, you are comparing apples to oranges by trying to take the estimated price of what you believe is the lowest common denoninator of the three trims (no such animal). It throws a huge amount of error into your math because you are leaving a lot of standard stuff out and you have no idea of what dollar value Ford assigns to it.

To make your comparison work you have two options;

1. Pick one of the three trims and either add or subtract from the other two to get the final numbers.
2. Take the highest trim with the most options available and tart up the other two until they match as closely as possible.

The most accurate with only survey pricing available would be number 2.

Since the highest trim would be a 2.7 BL with the painted roof. Sasquatch, and auto trans, get that cost first.

for the OBX, add auto 4x4 (it won't be a $200 option, probably four times that), the bumpers, the 2.7, Sasquatch, (go look at Ford's list of model differences between BL and OBX) subtract the cost you think is reasonable for the interior differences and so on.

do the same for the Wildtrak.

I suspect you will find, as everyone else has, that the difference (and it is a very rough estimate as we don't have real prices) will be within a couple hundred bucks of each other. Which is probably what the cost is on the swaybar disconnect.

Ford is not going to mistakenly price a screaming bargain into the option pricing vs. standard pricing. Loading up any one of them will result in essentially the same price. (if you have an invoice deal on options, you might find a better deal by loading one up rather than moving trims)

So if you are going to load one up, doesn't make much difference, if you are going to go with lower options, then you can go down a trim and option up some to get where you want.

If you want high or Lux and a manual, you have exactly one trim choice. so it is irrelevant.
"OP"????? Excuse me, but that's @Bronco4lyfe85 you're talkin' 'bout. He's gonna be inducted into the 3000 reaction club any day now...better recognize.

Ford Bronco Value comparison of upper 3 trims. O2YSazBbYlB84

*but that's what you get for bringing logic and reason to this forum.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.