JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
What up my Vegas compadres. I'm still trying to figure out (between)

Base 2.7L Sasquatch

Base 2.4L or 2.7L no squatch

Black diamond 2.4L or 2.7L no squatch.

I'm a home health nurse and I drive around the city patching people up. I do about 40-50 miles a day. This will be my daily work truck and also my toy. What should I do? I'm also a cheap bastard but need some decent mpg.

:unsure:(y) ... also, do you want stick shift or Auto?

Edit: Base 4 door currently on the B&P is Auto only(?)

MPG wise, what does everyone else think; going to be similar 4cyl to 6 cyl?
If you are ok with Auto, the extra money for the 2.7L/ Auto combo, as opposed to the 2.3L/ Auto combo, might as well go Auto.

Also, interval percentages daily driver/ work to toy/ recreational use? Would squatch be worth the time to wait for ... squatch (if still late availability(?).

Also, with the 4 door, you get standard cloth top.
If you want the MIC top, you need to pay I think $700; another cost.
Extra head liner, $495(?); another cost.

If you use this for the work you do, you might be factoring interior space, supplies, people(?), supplies when you go to play; the 2 door is short on that.

Though if you are one to just fold the rear seats back and try to use all that as storage, there's that.

Squatching, either Manual or Auto (however that goes), is that still late availability?

Going Black diamond gets you some good standard equipment ... don't remember what all they were, but I think ... aux switches, modular bumper, upgraded bash plate, better wheels (waaaaaaaaaaaaay better) (the optional wheels Black Diamond I Iike ?(y)), also standard All terrains I think as opposed to All seasons on the base.

I'm going the low cost route and have my build at $32,959 (some days under $33,500)
Base 2 door :cool:(y).

... food for thought; perhaps someone else can chime in (... got home from work ... hungry ??)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Churn em and burn em. The state motto
I thought about going to Kearney in SD. I don’t know if you know this but Eric said if you purchase a Bronco in CA they will have to trailer it out of state before you can take possession unless you pay CA taxes on the vehicle.

Apparently they don’t want you driving on their streets unless you paid their taxes since technically the new vehicle will not be registered at the time.
So trailering to Primm NV was something I wasn’t even goin to deal with. This info is on his thread about still honoring X-plan pricing. I also asked about CA emission vehicles since it is a CA purchase, he didn’t really have an answer on that one.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
... summer, ?.

Yup, thats the reason i too added it; 495 i guess it will be worth it.
Hotheads headliner is another option. I have them on my JKU. Pretty much the same product for less, but you have to stick them on the roof yourself. I have had mine on for about 3 years, very high quality and look great with perfect cuts. He has a few YouTube videos and includes the ones that go around the side windows for more sound absorbing.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought about going to Kearney in SD. I don’t know if you know this but Eric said if you purchase a Bronco in CA they will have to trailer it out of state before you can take possession unless you pay CA taxes on the vehicle.

Apparently they don’t want you driving on their streets unless you paid their taxes since technically the new vehicle will not be registered at the time.
So trailering to Primm NV was something I wasn’t even goin to deal with. This info is on his thread about still honoring X-plan pricing. I also asked about CA emission vehicles since it is a CA purchase, he didn’t really have an answer on that one.

... i believe on emissions, granger threads would read something like 50 state emissions pass ... er, i pretty much messed that quote up.

(Id go look for his response if i werent in bed on my phone bout to go to sleep
??)

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hotheads headliner is another option. I have them on my JKU. Pretty much the same product for less, but you have to stick them on the roof yourself. I have had mine on for about 3 years, very high quality and look great with perfect cuts. He has a few YouTube videos and includes the ones that go around the side windows for more sound absorbing.

?? bookmarked

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
... i believe on emissions, granger threads would read something like 50 state emissions pass ... er, i pretty much messed that quote up.

(Id go look for his response if i werent in bed on my phone bout to go to sleep
??)
Sometimes new CA emissions vehicles includes something that reduces the power slightly to meet the strictest emission standard in the nation. I am not saying a CA emissions Bronco isn’t going to be a problem in NV, it will actually be cleaner than any other of the 49 states Bronco because they sometimes put more devices on it.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sometimes new CA emissions vehicles includes something that reduces the power slightly to meet the strictest emission standard in the nation. I am not saying a CA emissions Bronco isn’t going to be a problem in NV, it will actually be cleaner than any other of the 49 states Bronco because they sometimes put more devices on it.

? noooooooooo!

?? I want all that power!

? ... but really, sapping power is not cool.

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All of them are 50 state legal for emissions. They don't make two versions anymore.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base

Got an answer from a California dealer"

"Got an answer for you regarding out of state tax. We collect sales tax at the rate where we are located (9.25%). When you bring it back to NV and register it with the DMV they recognize the sales tax paid. Other than that, you only pay for a trip permit here in California, no registration."

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Got an answer from a California dealer"

"Got an answer for you regarding out of state tax. We collect sales tax at the rate where we are located (9.25%). When you bring it back to NV and register it with the DMV they recognize the sales tax paid. Other than that, you only pay for a trip permit here in California, no registration."
NV recognizes it but I doubt they are going to refund you any difference since NV is a lower tax rate? And how much is a trip permit and what is it? Just questions because I don’t know, not trying to get to a post war.

Sponsored

JimiVegas

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

:unsure:(y) ... also, do you want stick shift or Auto?

Edit: Base 4 door currently on the B&P is Auto only(?)

MPG wise, what does everyone else think; going to be similar 4cyl to 6 cyl?
If you are ok with Auto, the extra money for the 2.7L/ Auto combo, as opposed to the 2.3L/ Auto combo, might as well go Auto.

Also, interval percentages daily driver/ work to toy/ recreational use? Would squatch be worth the time to wait for ... squatch (if still late availability(?).

Also, with the 4 door, you get standard cloth top.
If you want the MIC top, you need to pay I think $700; another cost.
Extra head liner, $495(?); another cost.

If you use this for the work you do, you might be factoring interior space, supplies, people(?), supplies when you go to play; the 2 door is short on that.

Though if you are one to just fold the rear seats back and try to use all that as storage, there's that.

Squatching, either Manual or Auto (however that goes), is that still late availability?

Going Black diamond gets you some good standard equipment ... don't remember what all they were, but I think ... aux switches, modular bumper, upgraded bash plate, better wheels (waaaaaaaaaaaaay better) (the optional wheels Black Diamond I Iike ?(y)), also standard All terrains I think as opposed to All seasons on the base.

I'm going the low cost route and have my build at $32,959 (some days under $33,500)
Base 2 door :cool:(y).

... food for thought; perhaps someone else can chime in (... got home from work ... hungry ??)

Yo Kababayan! Man I'm going 2 door for sure. I do want the bigger engine and auto. I was just wanting to know what gets the better mpg or if it even matters between 2.4 or 2.7. More power will be nice though with the 2.7. Im keeping it simple as well and doing base squatch with aux switches and 2.7. Unless I just go black diamond with 2.7 no squatch. That will be my plan B. Also I didn't know the Sasquatch packages are a longer wait. Man, if that's the case then I'm just going to keep whatever model I get vanilla. No fluff.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
NV recognizes it but I doubt they are going to refund you any difference since NV is a lower tax rate? And how much is a trip permit and what is it? Just questions because I don’t know, not trying to get to a post war.

I just threw that out there if it would help somebody; i was getting ready to head out for work so i was in a hurry.

I changed my dealer to a CA one cause it is the route that is left for me as i dont feel i can trust local anymore after the fall of Xplan.

Those are good questions and will ask.

... not trying to cause conflict either, Im cool with you ??.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yo Kababayan! Man I'm going 2 door for sure. I do want the bigger engine and auto. I was just wanting to know what gets the better mpg or if it even matters between 2.4 or 2.7. More power will be nice though with the 2.7. Im keeping it simple as well and doing base squatch with aux switches and 2.7. Unless I just go black diamond with 2.7 no squatch. That will be my plan B. Also I didn't know the Sasquatch packages are a longer wait. Man, if that's the case then I'm just going to keep whatever model I get vanilla. No fluff.
... i did my xplan pin yesterdy and i was checking various models with the discount.

... from what i have observed the Ranger 2.3L is i think 20/24/22 4x4
F150
2.7L is i think somwhere 20/26/ combined ??? If have to look it up, on break now.

You can check on the forum for squatch status.

If i had the funds Black diamond 2.7L sounds great ??

PlayBallVegas

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Titan swapped Nissan Xterra Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Vegas folks! I'm sorry for drawing this thread back out 2 weeks after it ended, but I have a couple of questions. I have not made a reservation yet, nor have I talked with any Ford dealer, here in Vegas, or other states.

I'm wondering if anyone has found a dealer in town that will match, or come close to Granger's deal. I know i missed the October 2k deal, but they still look like the best bet from what I've seen here in the forums. Has anyone possibly found a way to do a group buy? I saw some of the earlier posts, but didn't see any mention of a local dealership actually working with a group here in town. Has anyone looked, or spoken with any Ford dealers in Utah? I remember going to St. George many years ago to purchase vehicles, it was a decent savings for a very short drive.

As much as the Granger deal sounds fantastic, the distance seems like it would void out the price savings. Although I agree, a cross country road trip/trail trip sounds like a lot of fun. Especially if there's a stop in Moab ?

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Vegas folks! I'm sorry for drawing this thread back out 2 weeks after it ended, but I have a couple of questions. I have not made a reservation yet, nor have I talked with any Ford dealer, here in Vegas, or other states.....
Best I have heard is MSRP from all Vegas dealers. And no dealer updates from friendly ford for me.
Sponsored