Sponsored

Vibrations after installing RC spacer lift....

Krak-A-Pat

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had rough country spacer pucks installed on my 23 BD along with 34" A/T's. about three days after having it installed I drove out to a mud park and went mudding and some slight 4 wheeling around. The mud was THICK. when I got back on the road my Bronco shook like crazy at 50mph and above. Once all the mud had been cleaned from the wheels and everywhere else I am still getting vibrations at around 65mph+ and they only get worse the faster I go. It's not terrible but you do feel like you're fighting the wheel. I had it sent back to the garage that installed the lift and aligned my ride. They drove it and said everything was fine and it was just b/c of the mud.... but it still vibrates after being thoroughly cleaned... Does anyone else have this issue after installing the RC suspension pucks? Or any idea what might be causing this?
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is an IFS vehicle so there is no true ‘death wobble’.

You need to take it back ASAP because the chance is there that something in the steering is incredibly loose. Tie rod inner/outer, knuckle, something..

Another possibility is you threw your wheel weights and your tire is really unbalanced.

Yet another option is you screwed up your toe and your tires are scrambling for traction but you should see your traction control light flashing occasionally and feel a loss of power.

Check your tires for wear - if you tore off a lug or something, it would cause this issue

You can get an idea of where you stand by jacking the front two tires off the ground and shaking/wobbling each wheel top to bottom and left to right to see if you feel any play.

If you can’t get the tire and wheel to wobble at all, that’s good.

Mudding is incredibly hard on vehicles, so expect the occasional problem. Nothing you shouldn’t be able to handle.

Keep an eye on your tie rod boot seal - one leak is enough to trash your steering rack but that’s true for any rack/pinion setup.

Mud wiped out my factory rack after about 18 months.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably threw a wheel weight or you still have mud on the back side of the wheel. Take the tires off and make sure you clean the inside face.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was it Xtreme Off Road or General Sams? Mudding can be very fun... in somebody else's rig.

@Theherofails I think covered the possibilities pretty thoroughly. A wheel weight or some out of whack steering seems the most likely.

Not sure if a warranty service will cover it if there's evidence of excessive wear; if you're looking for somewhere to take it for alignment, I'd recommend Firestone, which has 1yr and lifetime alignment options. If you go that route, make sure and take it in during the week so an A tech does it.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had rough country spacer pucks installed on my 23 BD along with 34" A/T's. about three days after having it installed I drove out to a mud park and went mudding and some slight 4 wheeling around. The mud was THICK. when I got back on the road my Bronco shook like crazy at 50mph and above.
If vibrates in both 2H and 4A it is likely a simple wheel balance issue (get tires/wheels checked and rebalanced). If worse in 4A, then it could be more serious (CV axle).

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like a wheel out of balance. Probably lost a wheel weight or two

OP
OP
Krak-A-Pat

Krak-A-Pat

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was it Xtreme Off Road or General Sams? Mudding can be very fun... in somebody else's rig.

@Theherofails I think covered the possibilities pretty thoroughly. A wheel weight or some out of whack steering seems the most likely.

Not sure if a warranty service will cover it if there's evidence of excessive wear; if you're looking for somewhere to take it for alignment, I'd recommend Firestone, which has 1yr and lifetime alignment options. If you go that route, make sure and take it in during the week so an A tech does it.
General Sams. I read the other thread as well looks like he gave up. Ill check balance

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Either weights got thrown ,or you missed a chunk of mud on the wheel somewhere.

OP
OP
Krak-A-Pat

Krak-A-Pat

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black diamond
Your Bronco Model