First Name
Wafi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2.3 L Big bend non sasquatch, installed sasquatch bilstein shocks first to fit 35 inch good year territory exact setup as sasquatch) but started to notice body vibrations mainly noticeable on the seats but nothing in the steering.
After doing wheel balancing + roadforce, and alignment. The problem persisted and swapped my bilstein with brand new king shocks 2.5 as advised by the local mechanic here to solve the problem.
unfortunately the vibrations are still noticeable at all speeds but gets slightly worse at higher speeds.
anyone facing similar issues? Ibwas reading around here and some fellows mentioned that drive shaftangle can be the problem due to the lift.
I will appreciate any recommendations to solve this annoying issue.
Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Vibration in the seats means there is a rear balance issue.

Check your pinion angle?

Have you retorqued everything to spec?

Suspension Torque Specs
Upper front strut nuts 41 ft lbs 15mm
Lower front strut nuts 66 ft lbs 18mm socket
Tie rod 46 ft lbs 21mm
Sway bar links 32 ft lbs 21mm
Upper ball joint 46 ft lbs 18mm
Axle nut 35mm 221 ft lbs
Rear strut upper nuts 41 ft lbs 15mm
Rear strut lower bolt 350 ft lbs 30mm/ 27mm deep impacts
Wheel nuts 100 ft lbs 19mm

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

do the vibrations persist if you swap back to the stock BB wheels/tires?

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with putting the stock wheels back on and see if it still persists.. Maybe that can be a start to narrow it down..

OP
OP

wafiz

Big Bend
First Name
Wafi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Vibration in the seats means there is a rear balance issue.

Check your pinion angle?

Have you retorqued everything to spec?

Suspension Torque Specs
Upper front strut nuts 41 ft lbs 15mm
Lower front strut nuts 66 ft lbs 18mm socket
Tie rod 46 ft lbs 21mm
Sway bar links 32 ft lbs 21mm
Upper ball joint 46 ft lbs 18mm
Axle nut 35mm 221 ft lbs
Rear strut upper nuts 41 ft lbs 15mm
Rear strut lower bolt 350 ft lbs 30mm/ 27mm deep impacts
Wheel nuts 100 ft lbs 19mm
@Aonarch thank you very much for the detailed suggestions, i will take it to Ford dealer and try to get everything checked.
For torque specs i guess it not very complex to get it done. However Iā€™m a bit more worried in case the pinion angle is the issue, whatvwould be the solution in this situation?

Sponsored
OP
OP

wafiz

Big Bend
First Name
Wafi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
do the vibrations persist if you swap back to the stock BB wheels/tires?
Thanks for the suggestion, sounds like a reasonable troubleshooting step. Unfortunately I donā€™t have the stock tires anymore! Had to sell them as i donā€™t have space to keep them. I can try to check with some bronco owners here if they are willing to help. But after the lift the car will look terrible if i go back to 255/75/R17 .

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in lieu of the original stock wheels, have you tried swapping the wheels forward to back?

it might simply be a out of balance wheel, or one with excessive runout that was mounted on the rear axle.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Aonarch thank you very much for the detailed suggestions, i will take it to Ford dealer and try to get everything checked.
For torque specs i guess it not very complex to get it done. However Iā€™m a bit more worried in case the pinion angle is the issue, whatvwould be the solution in this situation?
How much lift do you have over stock? I assume the Bilsteins were only an inch or so, which wouldn't throw off your driveline angles.

What wheels do you have? If they are aftermarket do you have hub-centric rings installed and the correct lug nuts?

Rear pinion angle is adjusted by the rear upper control arms, which are non-adjustable stock.

Any steering wheel shake? If not, move the front wheels and tires to the rear, and see if there is any difference.

If after rotating front to back you still have vibration, then I'd be pretty confident it is a driveline vibration.

A good shop can measure the entire driveline angle starting with the engine, transmission, driveshaft and then the rear pinion. Takes a few minutes to do with only an angle finder.

OP
OP

wafiz

Big Bend
First Name
Wafi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How much lift do you have over stock? I assume the Bilsteins were only an inch or so, which wouldn't throw off your driveline angles.

What wheels do you have? If they are aftermarket do you have hub-centric rings installed and the correct lug nuts?

Rear pinion angle is adjusted by the rear upper control arms, which are non-adjustable stock.

Any steering wheel shake? If not, move the front wheels and tires to the rear, and see if there is any difference.

If after rotating front to back you still have vibration, then I'd be pretty confident it is a driveline vibration.

A good shop can measure the entire driveline angle starting with the engine, transmission, driveshaft and then the rear pinion. Takes a few minutes to do with only an angle finder.
i assume the king gave an inch or two over the bilstein so the total must be around 4 inch from stock taking into consideration the bigger tire size. but even with the bistein and sasquatch wheels i had the same issue.
i have tried rotating and balancing the tires a couple of times with no luck!

now i am running brand new goodyear territory 315/70/R17 with Fuel beadlock wheels with hub ring (which was included with the fuel package)

so im almost sure itā€™s not a problem with wheels or tires. I think i meed to check the angles as you mentioned and maybe a new rear arm can help.

OP
OP

wafiz

Big Bend
First Name
Wafi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
in lieu of the original stock wheels, have you tried swapping the wheels forward to back?

it might simply be a out of balance wheel, or one with excessive runout that was mounted on the rear axle.
yes i have tried to swap and rebalance.When I purchased the the new tires the shop guys were kind enough to replace a tire with borderline road force.
Im sorry I didnā€™t mentioned that above, and i really appreciate your willingness to help !

Sponsored
OP
OP

wafiz

Big Bend
First Name
Wafi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

the angle doesnā€™t look straight for me ,but not sure if this is within the normal range? Or maybe it must be adjusted. I have attached few photos here as well.

67EF5B3F-CE16-4826-9885-4A4DB08434DC.jpeg

2654578E-1FC1-4F69-AFBE-A75B92CEC889.jpeg

9D026987-BCC5-4EAE-A8A3-8150401125C2.jpeg

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First, it isn't supposed to be level to the ground.

Second, a shop needs to actually measure.

Third, it could be a driveshaft out of balance issue too.

OP
OP

wafiz

Big Bend
First Name
Wafi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First, it isn't supposed to be level to the ground.

Second, a shop needs to actually measure.

Third, it could be a driveshaft out of balance issue too.
clear! Will do the measurements ASAP and let you know.
thanks again!
Sponsored