First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
have you checked the fluid in your front axle ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would take a good look at your outer joint on the passenger axle. Ours came without circlip installed. I believe that may have caused our issue. Without the circlip it's very possible the outer axle slipped out of joint when dropping the control arm for install spacer. There is plenty of play on inner joint with 2" RC lift. But I'm beginning to think the suction inside the inner boot may inhibit it from extending the axle shaft during articulation and move to the "Path of Least Resistance", which would be the unsecured outer boot. With no circlip, the least resistance will be the outer joint and the shaft will easily slip from the joint. The inner joint is stuck in a mass of grease. The suction within the boot is noticeable.
20220201_084134.jpg
. (once I got our broken cv home) from inner shaft and pull out of the outer shaft. This wouldn't be possible if the circlip is installed.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-spacer-lift-or-35-tires-whos-to-blame.35457/
Where did you buy the new CV axle from? I need one now

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What tires did you go to? I had a similar issue on my Ram with Nitto's. Every time I switched back to stock they vibration went away and it was only there at higher speeds, over 60 mph but would linger once it started. I'm positive my issue was the Ridge Grapplers. Not saying your is but if the issue goes away with stock rubber you will know for sure.

BTW if the feeling is in the steering wheel it's likely the front end. If it's in your butt, its the rear end. Sometimes it's everywhere though which was my case.

Just read another thread of yours. It's the Ridge Grapplers!

they suck.

I tired to get mine balanced five times. Didn't matter. I also found another thread on Youtube I think where a guy had the exact same issue as I did. Hate to say it but those things just aren't as good as people think they are.

Sponsored

toasttoast

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2.3l 4 door automatic. I tried seeing if gear mattered but it doesn't. Happens when the vehicle gets to 60 miles per hour or higher, if you happen to let the car coast down in speed it starts a vibrations that is in intervals... like rotations basically. If you go from 80 to 70 from coasting you feel it. Anything after 80 mph or at any speed in 4x4, the vibration goes away. It could be a driveshaft, my mechanic wants to relocate it? I'm not sure what that means, this isn't my expertise area, haha. We do definitely want to put the stock tires/wheels back on and see if that fixes it. First, is trying to see if the angle of what you mentioned is the issue. This weekend we should have time to just kick back on Saturday or Sunday, throw it in the air and do the tinkering(by do, I mean I sit down and look at things that make a car move :LOL: )my good friend will be doing the work.

It didn't do this before, or when we put the lift on. It happened about two weeks after putting the larger tires on. My service team, were useless to me - all they tell me is it is the tires. Yes, I'm pretty sure that is it... but can I fix it, is what I'm looking for... so thank you for the response! This definitely helps me go into the right direction.
Hey @JoshuaPrieto

I've been dealing with this same exact issue for the most part for months. Did you end up finding a solution?

So far I've replaced my front driver side bearing.

I get rotational sounding grinding/hum sound that sounds like its coming from the drivers side front. Two dealership service centers and still no clue.

OP
OP
JoshuaPrieto

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey @JoshuaPrieto

I've been dealing with this same exact issue for the most part for months. Did you end up finding a solution?

So far I've replaced my front driver side bearing.

I get rotational sounding grinding/hum sound that sounds like its coming from the drivers side front. Two dealership service centers and still no clue.
Sadly no update, sorry for not including that, I eventually gave up. In the warmer weather the vibration went away. Only when cold, which led me to believe bad tire materials - but when I did the rotations, it only would stay at the front driver side. We rebalanced them several times, I took them to Discount Tire to have them road force balanced - that didn't work. We took the tires off and the lift, it was still there, but you had to listen/feel for it. More prominent with the bigger tires.

We looked to see if there were loose bolts or shields that were loose, causing the hum/vibration to occur.

My mechanic owns several Jeep projects, and he said this is what happens to Jeeps, so it didn't surprise him that Broncos are doing this
Sponsored