First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know switching now wouldnt be possible, but cancel the contract with Webasto. Why are they still making money on this deal? Id settle for soft top and Id bet most people would if it meant sh-t canning Webasto
Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the fine print, it'll be only in the case of structural failure or something...
Kinda like rust warranty only covers perforation. Lol
Bronco launch has been the most expensive launch that FMC has ever made on the history of the company. Marketing/branding, product development, manufacturing, etc.

I don't think that their are going to risk all that investment just for warranty issue.

They are not going to allow that this MIC top big issue damage the investment they've been made for the last five or six years.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know switching now wouldnt be possible, but cancel the contract with Webasto. Why are they still making money on this deal? Id settle for soft top and Id bet most people would if it meant sh-t canning Webasto
Who said they where?

Shitcanning Webasto isn't really an option-when 60-80% of your buyers want a hardtop instead of a softtop, what can you do?

Given the shitshow Webasto has had over the past year and half, who do you think could possibly do it better?

That is the major reason why the Modular tops aren't slated to be started till late next year...who ever got the contract has to build or modify an existing plant, staff it and do test builds of it.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Video: closeup looks at some MIC tops today at dealer 1627218963739

I’m not mad. Just disappointed

95buckeye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clearly Webasto is making money or they wouldnt be doing it. As for 60-80% wanting a hard top (myself included), Id guess most would change in a heartbeat if it meant getting a too thats not falling apart on the truck during delivery. What good is a top that will need replaced in a year?

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Clearly Webasto is making money or they wouldnt be doing it. As for 60-80% wanting a hard top (myself included), Id guess most would change in a heartbeat if it meant getting a too thats not falling apart on the truck during delivery. What good is a top that will need replaced in a year?
Webasto is a top-100, global, tier-one automotive and aftermarket equipment manufacturer. They used to be one of the go-to suppliers for automotive roof solutions, but this contract will be a financial albatross around their neck for years, and their reputation has been seriously damaged by this ongoing clusterfuck.

Clearly they thought they would make money on the MIC contract, but after chargebacks, liquidated damages, &/or potential litigation damages in the future, I bet they regret even pitching for the work now.

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course this would void the possible warranty, but would Plasti Dipping the MIC and all the edges aid in the longevity of the roof? ie Keep water from penetrating the edge.

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if the back portion of the Hardtop on the two door is the same as the back portion of the hard top on the four door? Can the inner change?

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of course this would void the possible warranty, but would Plasti Dipping the MIC and all the edges aid in the longevity of the roof? ie Keep water from penetrating the edge.
I considered taping it off and using a sealant on the edge.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the back portion of the Hardtop on the two door is the same as the back portion of the hard top on the four door? Can the inner change?
Oh, likely... If they were smart.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just Flex Seal the entire roof. Problem solved. You’re welcome, Webasto…

Mack50036

Base
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F250 Crew Cab Long Bed
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got my first chance to look over a Bronco with the MIC top last night and am wondering if anyone else is concerned with need for the window to roll down slightly when the door is opened and go back up when closed? Living in Iowa and dealing with freezing rain and blowing snow I wonder if frozen windows will put the glass in danger.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my first chance to look over a Bronco with the MIC top last night and am wondering if anyone else is concerned with need for the window to roll down slightly when the door is opened and go back up when closed? Living in Iowa and dealing with freezing rain and blowing snow I wonder if frozen windows will put the glass in danger.
This has been beat to death on the forum... and the consensus seems to be that most people seem to think it's fine, but a smaller group of people think it's going to be a disaster.

This isn't the first Ford, and certainly not the first vehicle in general, to have this type of functionality. I've never known it to be an issue for us on New England on our vehicles that do this... but some people report issues.

I've found that generally, the window sliding down doesn't cause a lot of issue separating from the ice. If it doesn't move for some reason, you can still just yank on the door as the rubber seal will give way.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had plenty of occasions where my regular windows have been frozen shut, so it's going to happen. I found a windshield blanket I use to keep it clear, I wonder if something similar is out there for side windows. Of course this is magnetic, so idk what you'd attach it to.
Sponsored