Visual estimate of 2021 Bronco wheelbase and size (112 inch wheelbase guesstimate)

JimmyDean

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Bronco
Badlands
Lowered tailgate, backed up to a hill and walked the pony out of there. She and the seller apparently did the same thing at origin to load it up.
that is how we used to load our motorcycles, that or if no hill available just back the rear tires into a ditch.

OP
OP
norwal42

norwal42

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner
Bronco
Wildtrak
Updated with 2dr Bronc in the mix :)

Wheelbase-UpdatedWith2drBronc.jpg

Everything here is estimated, but with the 2dr Bronc's front wheels turned, I eyeball estimated where the axle centerline would be - looks it would be pretty close to center of the fender well arch. I set 99" based on others' best guesses of 98-100".

I also updated the 4dr with the Beefy Bronc 4dr spy shot - closest to profile we've got, so I estimated the foreshortening effect to estimate 112". I also matched the Beefy Bronc's rear wheel scale to my 17" wheel above (plus maybe 1-2% because the rest looked closer to my foreshortening eyeball estimate). There's a multi-part optical illusion here: 1. with those beefwall Bronc tires the rear wheel looks smaller than the 17" above on the 4Runner, but it's not (it's actually a hair larger), 2. the foreshortening effect of the slight profile photo angle makes the front wheel look slightly smaller, and it is, as it should be, 3. this is shot with a much shorter lens than the 4dr Wrangler below, exaggerating the scaling distortion effects across the vehicle, and 4. that fat Elvis hairdo on the roof and the rest of the camo throws off the proportions of the vehicle in relation to the surrounding vehicles, and makes those fatty tires not look as big as they are (looking forward to seeing this beast revealed:). PITA but this one looks so much cooler :)

Does it look like the 4dr Bronc has a shorter hood than the 4dr Wrangler with the A pillar in a similar position? I wonder if they'll be able to match or beat Wrangler's interior space with a 4-6" shorter wheelbase... Looks like their A pillars land nearly even... Bronc maybe a hair further back, but the Bronc photo is a hair more foreshortened with the photo angle, so they might be even up. The camo 'body line' on the Bronc is closer to the front tire vs the Wrangler's door line being back behind the base of the A-pillar, which may exaggerate the appearance of a longer hood on the Wrangler - yet, if the A-pillar is in the same position and the Bronc has a shorter wheelbase, there's an efficiency in the proportions there somewhere. :)

Last edited:

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Bronco
Undecided
Although there isn't much of a difference between the two models, you may want to substitute a 4 door JL for the JK (which actually has 2.4 inches shorter wheelbase than the JL) that you have in your comparison. While at it, since you are using the more built version of the Bronco mule, I would suggest using a Rubicon for comparison as well. I am just curious as to how they would actually line up when you are comparing the "similar" platforms.

OP
OP
norwal42

norwal42

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner
Bronco
Wildtrak
Although there isn't much of a difference between the two models, you may want to substitute a 4 door JL for the JK (which actually has 2.4 inches shorter wheelbase than the JL) that you have in your comparison. While at it, since you are using the more built version of the Bronco mule, I would suggest using a Rubicon for comparison as well. I am just curious as to how they would actually line up when you are comparing the "similar" platforms.
Good ideas - if I update it again I'll keep in mind!

Advertisement

Middleton Motorsports
Advertisement