Visual estimate of 2021 Bronco wheelbase and size (112 inch wheelbase guesstimate)

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Bronco
Badlands
You have to remember, the packaging of the bronco allows for more interior room with a shorter wheelbase. The front tires are not nearly as far forward on the bronco.
Advertisement

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Bronco
Undecided
What? The wrangler has SIGNIFICANTLY more wheelbase than a 4Runner, yet has nowhere near the space or towing capacity

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, chill out - the guy was on "lunch break" and using a "best guess" based on several folks coming to a 112" wheelbase estimate based on all the mules we've seen. Did you read the original post? I don't think it was meant to be a comprehensive work. You're more than welcome to provide a better scaling attempt as it sounds like you have information we don't, being convinced it was a half-foot off. I know where the 112" came from but where did you get that info that the wheelbase is 118"?

Playing around on extended lunch break :)
Not perfect scaling, but I tried to get them close, then scaled to hit the known wheelbase specs.
4th gen 4runner exact same wheelbase as 5th gen, just had a pic of mine to throw in for fun :)
Mocked up the Bronc with 112" based on someone else's best guess here...

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe he's talking about how wide he wants it to be. ;)

Midnightblue was our dedicated FSB proponent.
112" wide wheelbase would make for a sweet rollover-proof trim level. I mean, is Ford serious about this off-road capability business or what?

I just have issue with folks laughing at what they consider to be garbage posts when someone is taking the time to post reference images like the OP provided. I appreciate seeing these comparisons for my own reference. If the OP is wrong, using information that he just made up, that's a different issue... And it would be nice if folks trashing a post would provide counter-info to consider. OP used data that is generally agreed upon here when the subject of wheelbase came up so it's a comparison with what seems to be 'most-likely' info. Trashing posts without any constructive replies does not encourage others, with the means, to add to the conversation with their own content.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Bronco
Undecided
You're joking, right? The 4Runner has PLENTY of space inside, rides better than any full sized truck I've driven, and can tow 5000lbs, which is 2000lbs more than the Jeep that has that oh-so-desirable longer wheelbase...

You're almost getting what I'm suggesting. Try thinking a bit harder and you might get there. What I'm asserting is that wheelbase isn't the sole factor to determining interior volume and towing capacity... in fact, it's fairly insignificant. Mustang has a wheelbase 3" shorter than the Camaro... guess which one is significantly more spacious. Wheelbase plays a very insignificant role in cabin space... The Bronco can have a 50" wheelbase, but if it has 50" of overhang in both the front and rear, then guess what... it'll still have more cargo space than a Jeep

Just because more spacious vehicles often have longer wheelbases doesn't mean that every vehicle with a long wheelbase is going to be more spacious. Getting it yet?

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Bronco
Undecided
Oh, here's a good one considering your profile picture… Did you know that the 2006 Range Rover Sport has a wheelbase 10" shorter than the Wrangler? Yes, that means it's even shorter still than the Bronco that you're already writing off as being smaller than a Jeep and less capable of towing than a Civic, and it can tow about 5,000lbs MORE than the longer wheelbase Wrangler and has a more spacious interior. Getting it yet?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 13 Explorer XLT, 97 Jeep Wrangler
Bronco
Base
Seems like everyone here gets all bent otta shape when someone says something that doesn't "jive" with what they think.

Kinda like the :curse: VS :curse: argument. oopps !!! did I do that. at least I didn't type it !!:clap:

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Bronco
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Seems like everyone here gets all bent otta shape when someone says something that doesn't "jive" with what they think.

Kinda like the :curse: VS :curse: argument. oopps !!! did I do that. at least I didn't type it !!:clap:
The natives are growing restless

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 13 Explorer XLT, 97 Jeep Wrangler
Bronco
Base

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

When people speak in absolutes it creates turmoil. However, it does make for some interesting break downs of why each other are wrong lol

45C1C7D6-5114-40BB-A6E2-194952EE847D.jpeg

paxfish

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I'll share a good early Bronco dimensions/cargo space story.

Back in the day, my then-girlfriend, an equestrienne, used my '71 Bronco for the afternoon. I arrived back at the house from school to find she had a bought a big pony and brought it home in the back of the truck. It's halter was tied to the roll bar. Yes, there was horseshit on the floor.

The pony stared at me, munching hay. Totally unperturbed.

It was so outrageous that I wasn't mad. I did wonder what the hell I was getting myself into.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Bronco
Undecided
Vehicle Showcase
I'll share a good early Bronco dimensions/cargo space story.

Back in the day, my then-girlfriend, an equestrienne, used my '71 Bronco for the afternoon. I arrived back at the house from school to find she had a bought a big pony and brought it home in the back of the truck. It's halter was tied to the roll bar. Yes, there was horseshit on the floor.

The pony stared at me, munching hay. Totally unperturbed.

It was so outrageous that I wasn't mad. I did wonder what the hell I was getting myself into.

How did you get it down?

I need closure.

Advertisement

fifteen52
Advertisement