Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Owner!!
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I finally got my built notification Nov 23 after 2 years. Considered myself lucky. I expected to wait at least 90 days for it to ship and reach my dealer. I am in delivery window #4 from Ford and laugh when I receive an email with a new delivery window. I wondered what the average wait time was for folks once built till they received their Bronco. I was hoping to drive it to meet old Army buddies for a trip we had planned over Presidents day weekend.
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
11/22 blend, chip hold, 12/5 “built”. It’s currently on a rail car in Indiana on its way to MN. I’ll guess 60 days from built to dealership delivery. My 2022 was 3/29 blend, built 4/1 and showed up at my dealer on 4/13 so Ford is getting slower at this, lol.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was built 12/20 arrived 1/10/23
Side note 2.5 year wait.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The short answer is "It depends". The long answer is "It depends on a thousand factors, many of which are external to Ford, and they have no better idea than you do."

As I learned when mine was moving through the network, it could sit for 2 hours or 5 days on a rail siding, waiting for the train to be picked up and moved to its next destination. In one instance, the trail backtracked. Then, it can sit for a week or more waiting for a truck to pick it up and deliver it to the dealer. Generally, the closer you are to MAP, the faster you'll get it, but that doesn't even seem to be the case, always.

JR

ernie3

Outer Banks
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.7 F350, 3.0 Q5, 454 C3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
11/18 blend, 12/6 built, delivered 12/23 to south Louisiana. As noted above, there's too many unknown factors.

Sponsored
OP
OP
COLBZ1

COLBZ1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Owner!!
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wondered about rail distance, you hit it in the head all the things that happen to shipment by Rail. Mine still hasn't gotten on a Rail car though. Rail seems worse than straight truck shipment.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

10/10 blend 10/13 build 10/29 delivered.
We were super lucky in the scheme of things.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

See below for my timeline. Is there even a rail yard in Huntsville that they would make it to or would Nashville be the closest?

Once mine actually got on a train it was to the railyard in five days then was picked up after a day and was at the dealer. 95% of my wait time was due to the Ford folks parking my car about a mile away from MAP on a dirt lot. I am assuming this is the overflow area.

You are likely stuck at the back of the hold lot and are competing with Broncos coming off the line directly to a train as well as the cars that are in front of you on that lot. Then you also have the Broncos that are getting stacked again infront of you once the full train leaves.

Ford kept telling me it was due to a lack of trains but it really is just a complete lack of inventory management on their end.

sko

Badlands
First Name
Tomasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
elantra, have dep on a badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

11/14 blend, build is 12/4. Just got an email it got on the rail 1/16 on its way to Iowa so we'll see how long that takss

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had my case "escalated and red flagged" by a Ford Corporate contact as well as the regional rep for my dealer. I am still doubtful that the escalation accomplished anything but the two people that helped me were all to fast to claim that there efforts expedited my waiting time.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine took 4-5 days on rail to get to SC, then sat about a week until a truck could bring it the dealer 80 miles away.

It was shipped within 24 hours of being built.

I was lucky.

Last edited:

RestAssured

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat—>Honda Odyssey—>???
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m right there with you. Notified 11/17 that I was scheduled for production week of 1/9. Bumped to week of 1/16. Today is my blend date. Fingers crossed but hoping for early to mid-February delivery to my dealer outside Chicago. Mine will be on convoy, so no train issues for me.

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blend Date: 11/18, Chip Hold, Build Date: 12/10

Still waiting for it to be shipped.

For me, even once it arrives at the dealer, then I have to arrange to travel from East Texas to San Diego to pick it up. A lot has changed since reserving the Bronco.

Doccruz1

Wildtrak
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
11/04 build and picking up today 01/18

OP
OP
COLBZ1

COLBZ1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Owner!!
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

See below for my timeline. Is there even a rail yard in Huntsville that they would make it to or would Nashville be the closest?

Once mine actually got on a train it was to the railyard in five days then was picked up after a day and was at the dealer. 95% of my wait time was due to the Ford folks parking my car about a mile away from MAP on a dirt lot. I am assuming this is the overflow area.

You are likely stuck at the back of the hold lot and are competing with Broncos coming off the line directly to a train as well as the cars that are in front of you on that lot. Then you also have the Broncos that are getting stacked again infront of you once the full train leaves.

Ford kept telling me it was due to a lack of trains but it really is just a complete lack of inventory management on their end.
Nearest railyards are Birmingham (1hr) and Nashville (2hrs). Heck I would fly to Detroit and pick it up and drive home if I could.
Sponsored