Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ma
Hey Sean, I can totally see landing on the full brush guard side of things. I built these for my 4Runner in the first place because I didn't want/need the full loop guard, but liked the idea of having a little corner protection (especially for the 4Runner headlights being more exposed on the corners) and a mounting point for limb risers. Might be redundant mounting point for the Bronc, but still adds that corner protection for fender paint and makes the hand-off to route branches up the limb riser, and might be a functional upgrade for limb risers if it allows for hood opening (TBD on that, haven't seen anyone try opening a Bronc hood yet with Ford's limb risers on:).

Not concerned whether they look like tusks or not - actually prefer as minimalist as possible for the functional goals of the piece - it's just what came to mind for how my original ones turned out. :)

I'd prefer a more straight up shape to the first Bronc mockup I posted, but I was thinking a bit of forward rake is necessary to get out ahead of a the corner a bit. while still meeting the mounting points. Backing it up a bit also totally covers the marker light/turn signal there - would be nice to preserve a bit of that visibility for safety if possible.

Thanks for your feedback!
That makes sense. I tend to prefer the subtle look as well, and I do like the look of these.

Trying to think of some additional way to get another benefit out of these beyond the limb riser attachment point. First thought was another mounting point for lights, but that doesn't make sense sine you're trying to protect the lights that are already there. Mounting for a flag works, but not sure how many would use it.

Definitely seems like a Bronco horse needs to be embossed or cut into the side, either in place of the existing holes or just above them.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anyone seen whether the advertised limb riser setup on the new Bronc has clearance for hood opening?
The hood can't be opened all the way with the limb risers they've shown. That's probably why they will not be offered for sale.

OP
OP
norwal42

norwal42

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Another idea, 2.0
Ford Bronco Warthog tusks idea - limb riser, brush guard posts Bronco warthog tusk2.0

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really don't see a point - there is already a spot for a limb riser and if you are looking for armor then you are driving way too fast or plowing through stuff you shouldn't be.
Sponsored