Sponsored

Washer fluid empty warning, when not empty?

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else getting this? I had the warning pop up this week, dumped in a tad less than half a gallon of Rain-X I had laying around, and it's still coming on.
Sponsored

NiceBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read RainX additives can create a sludge/film on the ww level sensor. It was happening on VWs not sure about Fords.

retiredarmymp

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take it to the dealer and have them check it. There is a known problem with the reservoir tanks, cracking and leaking. My dash light came on, so I filled it up and it didn’t leak immediately but later I seen the puddle underneath it. it ended up leaking the entire contents on the ground. It was covered under warranty.

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I read RainX additives can create a sludge/film on the ww level sensor. It was happening on VWs not sure about Fords.
I knew that was a problem with my Ram trucks, coating the sensor and then tricking the sensor into thinking it was empty.....but haven't heard that it was a problem with the Ford vehicles...🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone else getting this? I had the warning pop up this week, dumped in a tad less than half a gallon of Rain-X I had laying around, and it's still coming on.
Hi there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn't look at our specifically but typically these sensors are just a small current signal between 2 probes.

If that rain-ex fluid prevents or puts up too much resistance for the current to jump between probs, you'd get an error.

Unfortunately ford buries the tank way behind and under stuff so you can't get to it easily (do you have to take the fender off?)

If it didn't start doing it until you added the Rain ex, I would go get you a $5 harbor freight transfer pump and get that out.. the flush with your garden hose and see if it fixes the issue.

OP
OP
Chrome_Pony

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, all. I put another gallon and a half of fluid and the warning finally went away. Thinking it might have been an ice dam in there due to a week of -20F temperature commutes.
Sponsored