• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 10, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 10, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Water Fording

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This Jeopardy? What was the question?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought only the Everglades model had the breather tubes.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it floats a boat use it instead of your Bronco..

Sponsored
OP
OP
DrXtoph

DrXtoph

Badlands
First Name
Christoph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They say it has breather tubes and give a greater fording depth in the marketing material, whereas it seems not to be publicly mentioned for other models.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought only the Everglades model had the breather tubes.
The breathers mentioned by Bronco team in OP’s post are for the front and rear differentials. A snorkel is what is on the Everglades. Basically all the Broncos have a max fording depth of 33”. Not sure on Everglades being it has a snorkel and all.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel like there are two previous messages that are essential if this is going to be helpful...

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Breather tubes, air intake & alternator locations are all different situations.

Breather tubes can be easily extended. I still don’t have my eff’n’ 2day reservation but “Back in the day” I extended the breather tube on my Tacoma’s rear differential. Took me about five minutes & cost me less than ten bucks with shipping.

Air intake can be augmented via a snork…but they’re really more helpful with dust.

Alternator…well I guess we’re just boned on that one.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And don't forget your transmission has a breather as well. Hopefully that is also high.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a lot of experience with water fording. I can tell you that the alternator issue, in my experience and observation is much less of an issue if you follow a common sense approach. 1. Do not exceed 33" of standing water. 2. Do not charge through the water, forcing water into the alternator or other sensitive areas under the hood (like the fuse panel). The picture below was taken with 18 other Broncos, in and out of water all day. At another event, we had 2 alternator issues, from Broncos charging through much shallower water at high speeds. It looked cool, but was definitely a high potential for problems. Other models may have better physical locations for the alternator (Jeep?) but I have seen a wide variety of electrical failure from charging through water, regardless of Brand or model. Nice to know about the breather tubes, I have been under my Bronco a fair amount, never took time to look for tubes.
Ford Bronco Water Fording MIBC DI 2022.JPG

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a lot of experience with water fording. I can tell you that the alternator issue, in my experience and observation is much less of an issue if you follow a common sense approach. 1. Do not exceed 33" of standing water. 2. Do not charge through the water, forcing water into the alternator or other sensitive areas under the hood (like the fuse panel). The picture below was taken with 18 other Broncos, in and out of water all day. At another event, we had 2 alternator issues, from Broncos charging through much shallower water at high speeds. It looked cool, but was definitely a high potential for problems. Other models may have better physical locations for the alternator (Jeep?) but I have seen a wide variety of electrical failure from charging through water, regardless of Brand or model. Nice to know about the breather tubes, I have been under my Bronco a fair amount, never took time to look for tubes.
Ford Bronco Water Fording MIBC DI 2022.JPG
Thanks for your comments. Anytime I’ve seen vehicles have water issues on the trail (non Bronco because unicorn) it’s been caused by IMPO poor technique via excessive speed and no bow wake. Plus let’s be honest the big splash thing is admittedly fun, it does not fall into the “Tread Lightly” ethos. Flame me all you like but it’s true. As avid offroad enthusiasts we have a responsibility to Tread Lightly and set a good example for responsible offroad recreation. End soap box, please carry on and return to previous rational discussion on breather tubes. 😎
Sponsored