John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just got notified of my build date.

My plan is to upgrade tires immediately so when I bring it home that my wife doesn't know any different. Not that I am scared of her, but why have the conversation? Ok, she is a purebred Slovak, so maybe a little scared...

Anyhoo, looking to consider going to 285/75/17. Prior thoughts in another thread suggest this size wont rub and don't need to remove or modify anything.

Primary purpose is to improve appearance over stock.

Suggestions given are Toyota Open Country A/T, Falken Wildpeak AT/3 or 4, or Hickey Thompson Baja Boss AT.

Winter driving capability would be a big bonus. I am a couple hours north of Toronto and temperatures can get to minus 25 CELSIUS (minus 13 Fahrenheit) so even those these may be "winter driving certified", but I question if the tire compound is suitable for this type of cold. To be clear, this vehicle is not going to be going offroad.

Other than tires, any other exterior modifications come to mind? I have seen an after market hood scoop advertised, but not yet convinced.

Gotta go, I think I hear her coming.......
Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You are on the right track, beefy tires on stock Big Bend wheels look awesome.

285/75r17 is a perfect size for looks.

I am currently running 285/70r17, also a good size. Much greater selection in this size.

OP
OP

Barzo

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You are on the right track, beefy tires on stock Big Bend wheels look awesome.

285/75r17 is a perfect size for looks.

I am currently running 285/70r17, also a good size. Much greater selection in this size.
Thanks for the reassurance. Any other exterior suggestions (not extreme)?

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just got notified of my build date.

My plan is to upgrade tires immediately so when I bring it home that my wife doesn't know any different. Not that I am scared of her, but why have the conversation? Ok, she is a purebred Slovak, so maybe a little scared...

Anyhoo, looking to consider going to 285/75/17. Prior thoughts in another thread suggest this size wont rub and don't need to remove or modify anything.

Primary purpose is to improve appearance over stock.

Suggestions given are Toyota Open Country A/T, Falken Wildpeak AT/3 or 4, or Hickey Thompson Baja Boss AT.

Winter driving capability would be a big bonus. I am a couple hours north of Toronto and temperatures can get to minus 25 CELSIUS (minus 13 Fahrenheit) so even those these may be "winter driving certified", but I question if the tire compound is suitable for this type of cold. To be clear, this vehicle is not going to be going offroad.

Other than tires, any other exterior modifications come to mind? I have seen an after market hood scoop advertised, but not yet convinced.

Gotta go, I think I hear her coming.......
I can confirm that 285/75r17 Toyo Open Countries will fit with no rub side to side on a stock Big Bend.

Ford Bronco Ways to dress up 2 door big bend 1000001927

I am running Black Diamond takeoffs, but they are the exact same width and offset as the BB wheels.

Here's another potential style idea: KBD fender flares.

Edit: just noticed your comments about cold weather. I live near Traverse City Michigan so not as far north as you, but still well into negative temps. While I haven't driven these tires through winter yet, they were purchased with that in mind and they have the triple mountain + snowflake rating proving capability.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tons of guys going with Truck Nutz 2.0 (painted decorative recovery shackles). Don't be one of those guys.
And say no to the LED bars that went out of style 5 years back.

Nothing looks makes a Bronco look better than a dogs head hanging out the window, I'd go this route.

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

More aggressive tires and rock rails (to cover the pinch weld) totallyand bumpers changed
Ford Bronco Ways to dress up 2 door big bend 20240519_174703
the look of my BB. Stock BB wheels are the best. Of course it becomes an addiction and I've moved on to a winch andbumpers.

JJHTX

Black Diamond
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a black diamond (non-sas, 2.3L auto, 4.46), and decided I wanted to make it look a bit more aggressive. Added min bill bar, some lights into modular bumper, and more recently Toyo OC A/T IIIs in 35x12.5r17. I was torn between 285/75, but the height and weight differences were so close so I went with the 35s. Ford performance lift kit is going on soon.
Ford Bronco Ways to dress up 2 door big bend IMG_5785

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On my Big Bend I upgraded my tires to the Falken Wildpeak 285/70/17, running boards, trail armor (to hide the pinch welds), gloss black rear Bronco emblem, color matched "Bronco" lettering for the grill, custom painted rear Ford emblem (Area 51/gloss black), stubby antenna and I have body colored door handles coming in from BFN truck in 2 weeks. I'm keeping my building simple.

Lastly, I'm seeing more Big Bend owners that don't opt for the Signature LED option when they order their vehicle. Wondering why as its such a cheap option for the Big Bend and looks 100 times better.

Sponsored

Reidt131

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On my Big Bend I upgraded my tires to the Falken Wildpeak 285/70/17, running boards, trail armor (to hide the pinch welds), gloss black rear Bronco emblem, color matched "Bronco" lettering for the grill, custom painted rear Ford emblem (Area 51/gloss black), stubby antenna and I have body colored door handles coming in from BFN truck in 2 weeks. I'm keeping my building simple.

Lastly, I'm seeing more Big Bend owners that don't opt for the Signature LED option when they order their vehicle. Wondering why as its such a cheap option for the Big Bend and looks 100 times better.
May I see that custom Ford emblem? I am looking to do the same.

I have a Big Bend without the sig lights, as they didn't seem necessary. While I like the look of the signature light DRLs, I also like how the standard lights are a bit more retro styled with a round light and smaller turn signal.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
May I see that custom Ford emblem? I am looking to do the same.

I have a Big Bend without the sig lights, as they didn't seem necessary. While I like the look of the signature light DRLs, I also like how the standard lights are a bit more retro styled with a round light and smaller turn signal.
Agreed. Didn't seem like you got much for $900, especially considering the standard headlights are LEDs and the signature taillights don't look good on a retro vehicle.
Ford Bronco Ways to dress up 2 door big bend bronco headlights

What’s the difference between BD Led headlights and Signature Leds | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community