Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did anyone cut out the 4 corner areas or make any modifications to their rear cargo try to allow the trunk floor hooks to come through their mat?

I installed my rear tray today and it covers the 4 hooks which are obviously useful at times. Not sure if this is always done or something, but is the mat designed to be cut out to allow access to the hooks?
Sponsored

shoptb2277

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2d 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve wondered the same thing…I just remove mine when I need to use the hooks. Curious to see if anyone has a different solution.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the Ford line and did not cut the corners, since it does not have a raised ridge on the inside of the cut and would not hold liquids post-cut. Crappy design.

bldavis11

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anyone cut out the 4 corner areas or make any modifications to their rear cargo try to allow the trunk floor hooks to come through their mat?

I installed my rear tray today and it covers the 4 hooks which are obviously useful at times. Not sure if this is always done or something, but is the mat designed to be cut out to allow access to the hooks?
I don't have the Weaterhtech mat for the Bronco, but I have had them for several other vehicles. In every case where I wanted to use the tie-down points, I've had to cut the mat to gain access. It wasn't a big deal to me, but my wife was adamant that I didn't cut them for her SUV. C'est la vie.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Cargo mats I have seen, including the one for my Bronco (Husky) there is a raised ridge around where the tie down are. So when you cut the hole (they're designed for this) it still has "spill protection"

And yes, I have cut out the holes in all of my cargo mats including my Jeep.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Wtb13000

Wildtrak
First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like we have a quorum, I agree it looked meant to be cut out and keep its spill resistance, just hadn’t done or seen it before.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes I have them and I cut a slot in them and pulled the loops through.
Sponsored