Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had my sway bar links making sound on mine, and the skid plate was amplify it. I realized it when I put my Sasquatch links on, and the sound was gone.
Sponsored

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got off the phone with King. They said I will need to take the load off the shock before removing the skid plates and even then, there will be still some load on them. Trying to remove them with the full weight of the vehicle "would be catastrophic".

It made sense when I had the OEM shocks since the bolts ran downward. The full weight of the vehicle would hold the bolts in place, making install/remove of the LCA skids easy. Not so much with the Kings since both bolts would need to be completely removed to remove the skid plate. To the shop I guess.. BOooooooo!

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got off the phone with King. They said I will need to take the load off the shock before removing the skid plates and even then, there will be still some load on them. Trying to remove them with the full weight of the vehicle "would be catastrophic".

It made sense when I had the OEM shocks since the bolts ran downward. The full weight of the vehicle would hold the bolts in place, making install/remove of the LCA skids easy. Not so much with the Kings since both bolts would need to be completely removed to remove the skid plate. To the shop I guess.. BOooooooo!
UPDATE: Turns out the clicking sound was the skid plate. Once on the lift, we pushed up on the skid plate and the sound stopped. Keep in mind, the skid plates were not loose at all. It took two of us to push up on the skid plate to eliminate the clicking.

The main shock bolts were fine and tightened to spec so we starting tightening the two bolts (where the red circles are below) and eventually the clicking stopped.
Ford Bronco Weird Click Noise - Driver Front SKIDPLATE
Sponsored

Last edited: