First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Had the rough country 2" lift installed on my Big Bend by the dealer today (Dealer included it as part of the deal on buying the bronco). The dealer called it the leveling kit but RC only sells a 1" and it is definitely sitting 2" higher all around now (I measured before and after ~36" to fender before and 38 1/4" now). Dealer said they test drove and it was good, but on my way home around curves the bronco handled fine on stock suspension now felt very sketchy, almost like it was ready to roll. Needless to say I took it a lot slower. I had planned on upgrading tires anyway, but it has the stock 255/70/R17s on the stock wheels. Has anyone else had this installed with the stock tires/wheels and had any issues? Will upgrading to large/wider tires help?
Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did they give you a alignment printout? Sure sounds like they didnā€™t align it properly after then install.

OP
OP

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The invoice says "performed alignment and road tested"

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get a copy of the alignment specs to confirm that they actually did the alignment.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the tires/wheels werenā€™t an issue before the spacer lift, they wonā€™t be after. Iā€™d make sure everything is tight and there. Who knows what they forgot to do. Is the sway bar installed? All bolts and nuts tight?

Sponsored

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Had the rough country 2" lift installed on my Big Bend by the dealer today (Dealer included it as part of the deal on buying the bronco). The dealer called it the leveling kit but RC only sells a 1" and it is definitely sitting 2" higher all around now (I measured before and after ~36" to fender before and 38 1/4" now). Dealer said they test drove and it was good, but on my way home around curves the bronco handled fine on stock suspension now felt very sketchy, almost like it was ready to roll. Needless to say I took it a lot slower. I had planned on upgrading tires anyway, but it has the stock 255/70/R17s on the stock wheels. Has anyone else had this installed with the stock tires/wheels and had any issues? Will upgrading to large/wider tires help?
It was modified

OP
OP

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Modified?

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Modified?
Yes lifted modified
Only 2 inches but modified from stock if everything was done right if you drove it first time lifted you probably wouldn't have noticed anything

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I vote for loose stabar

Sponsored
OP
OP

rtd16

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well no smoking guns. I got under there and checked fasteners on the stabilizing bars, control arms, struts, links, etc. Nothing was loose. The dealer said bring it back. Monday, but I'm thinking of trying to get an alignment tomorrow morning

Rockdawg84

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4RUNNER, 96 F350 CC 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well no smoking guns. I got under there and checked fasteners on the stabilizing bars, control arms, struts, links, etc. Nothing was loose. The dealer said bring it back. Monday, but I'm thinking of trying to get an alignment tomorrow morning
with just two inches of lift the caster can be off (not enough) and that will make the steering very quick and not track well. that is why most lifts recommend upper control arms as they add caster that is lost when lifted. If you get an alignment, be sure to get a print out so we can help you diagnose.

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
with just two inches of lift the caster can be off (not enough) and that will make the steering very quick and not track well. that is why most lifts recommend upper control arms as they add caster that is lost when lifted. If you get an alignment, be sure to get a print out so we can help you diagnose.
I agree 2 inches is not much but ANY changes in steering and suspension is one of the most if not the biggest noticeable changes when a customer gets the vehicle back.
Would very much like to see the results of a alignment especially if having it done by someone else.
If the dealer did the work correctly then the alignment results SHOULD be right.
Either feels different because lifted (yeah I know 2 inches šŸ¤Ø) or dealer screwed up.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You lifted a Bronco two inches on the soft stock width and diameter tires and wheels and are wondering why it feels like it wants to roll going around curves?

Not at all trying to come off condescending just saying you threw the center of gravity up without compensating for it with more ground stability. Alignment wonā€™t be the issue here itā€™ll be a combination of slip angle, increased height of a rather bulky body and the hitachi shocks fighting for their life.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^I have doubts raising it 2ā€ will make it noticeably more unstable on the road unless you were pushing the boundary before. I was lifted 3ā€ on the stock 32s and didnā€™t notice any difference except height. Would post alignment specs as a starting point. It can absolutely make your car handle weirdly. Anything else would have you spending some $$ on more diagnosis/wheel spacers/new tires to see if that helps.
Sponsored