Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What’s up guys! First off, I just wanna start with a few disclaimers since this a source of contention at the moment for some.

This is my personal experience and I’m aware of the rack and why you shouldn’t do braces first, and so on and so forth. I’ve got something coming on that later. This post is purely regarding my experience with the Broncbuster Housing.

Now after my Bronco lift with King, I ran into a weird steering feel. It felt heavy, but loose at the same time. Something felt wrong with the steering and it wasn’t fun. My lift was only 2” over Sasquatch but the steering sucked.

I tried all the fixes the shop could think of, all the fixes y’all in the forums helped me think of and nothing.

I finally broke down and bought the broncbuster housing. Now I already have the bushing and brace so it’s a complete package at the moment.

I opened up my stock housing and found that even though I’ve only been lifted a little over a week with only a few minutes of flexing at my local OHV park for tuning. The OEM housing had the bushing elongated already. It was slight, but visible. The edge of the rubber was toughened and tearing up a small bit and I also had a “polished” spot on the housing in line with the elongation that was being worn by the steering screw.

The biggest surprise was dirt on the steering screw. My clamp apparently hasn’t been doing a great job of keeping it clean in there.
The difference between the OEM housing and BB’s housing is HUGE. Both in weight and feel, the high quality is apparent.

I can tell by looking at the difference, the BB housing is going to give the steering way more support and strength at my new angles.

After installing, the difference was very noticeable. The steering “binding” and heaviness was gone and my steering felt responsive and fresh again. It honestly was a difference felt right away.

Now I need to go get an alignment and I’ll post my final thoughts after that this Tuesday. I’m stoked for the assistance from the housing and thank you BB for this awesome product!

Some things to note, this does NOT solve issues from improper alignment, bad tires nor too much steering angle on your tie rods. Those are other things you’ll have to deal with. This does offer way more support and prevent any steering binding on your housing and gives that peace of mind you’re not going to blow your rack in the trail!

And yes, that rubber band of a steering system inside the OEM rack is scary to see lol. I imagine that isn’t going to last super long.

Ford Bronco Fixed steering after lift BD0681F4-A510-4336-876D-EBAE72085EB1

Ford Bronco Fixed steering after lift 4C672492-A524-4D33-9E72-A10913E83906

Ford Bronco Fixed steering after lift C32273AA-276C-4DE1-AC37-CC095B50AF59
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

price? assuming this use the BB bushings? or does this part have a bushing upgrade?

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t get all the hate, I’m running the housing, bushing, and braces. Is it expensive? Yes, but it’s the price I pay for some peace of mind.

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

price? assuming this use the BB bushings? or does this part have a bushing upgrade?
This is the Broncbuster passenger housing and includes his internal bushing on the housing. It retails for $1100… expensive I know. But 3.0 racks arnt available yet. I have a discount code with him if you want 10% off. You’d have to dm me for it because the Bronco6g forum doesn’t want me to share it
Sponsored