Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey folks,

I just had King 2.5s installed on top of the RPG Stage 3 kit I already had...3 inches of lift. I'm having some gnarly bump steering issues and I could use a hand troubleshooting. Here's how the geometry looks for rear and front.

Ford Bronco Bump steering after installing Kings PXL_20231202_000404324

Ford Bronco Bump steering after installing Kings PXL_20231202_000220192

Alignment looked good on the printout. I'm slowly digging through the forums here to see how various guys fixed their issues. If any experts here have good ideas, love to hear them.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your rear track bar is mounted to the original mount. You will need a trackbar relocation bracket such as RockJock's. But that will only address the alignment of the trackbar up to a 2" lift. You'll likely still have some waggle, but it won't be so "gnarly".

DoubleK

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you have aftermarket wheels, and what offset if so?

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey folks,

I just had King 2.5s installed on top of the RPG Stage 3 kit I already had...3 inches of lift. I'm having some gnarly bump steering issues and I could use a hand troubleshooting. Here's how the geometry looks for rear and front.

Alignment looked good on the printout. I'm slowly digging through the forums here to see how various guys fixed their issues. If any experts here have good ideas, love to hear them.

Can you share the alignment printout? 3” is a lot for IFS if you’re coming from Sasquatch. A Trackbar relocation in the rear will help a bit as well. These Broncos don’t like the trackbar angled down. It causes the vehicle to get a little wiggly as the suspension cycles.

I have my front end set to the lowest possible setting up front on my Kings. I had minor bumper steer and a proper alignment and relocation on the trackbar fixed it.

Because you are changing the geometry of your suspension, a factory alignment won’t work. You gotta go to an off-road alignment shop that knows their stuff. Your 18 year old Brakes and Tire shop guy that has six months experience on front end alignments won’t be able to set your 4WD, off-road custom alignment properly because they don’t understand the science behind it and just set per what a paper tells em.

Also, your tire angle seems weird in the pic. Can we get more overall shots?

OP
OP
Primed_in

Primed_in

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you share the alignment printout? 3” is a lot for IFS if you’re coming from Sasquatch. A Trackbar relocation in the rear will help a bit as well. These Broncos don’t like the trackbar angled down. It causes the vehicle to get a little wiggly as the suspension cycles.

I have my front end set to the lowest possible setting up front on my Kings. I had minor bumper steer and a proper alignment and relocation on the trackbar fixed it.

Because you are changing the geometry of your suspension, a factory alignment won’t work. You gotta go to an off-road alignment shop that knows their stuff. Your 18 year old Brakes and Tire shop guy that has six months experience on front end alignments won’t be able to set your 4WD, off-road custom alignment properly because they don’t understand the science behind it and just set per what a paper tells em.

Also, your tire angle seems weird in the pic. Can we get more overall shots?
Pic of the front end below. Adding 3" off of a Badlands and I didn't take the printout, just saw the shop screen. As rudimentary as it is, I used the level on my phone on the centerline of each tire. Looks like the passengers side is near perfect and I'm at about 1.8 degrees of negative camber on the drivers side.

I should add for context that I'm living in an apartment right now and have zero access to any of my tools, so I'm at the mercy of a shop. Local place here in MD did the work and I went to them on my buddy's recommendation who has a Raptor on 37s with Fox's.

Ford Bronco Bump steering after installing Kings PXL_20231202_112233502

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pic of the front end below. Adding 3" off of a Badlands and I didn't take the printout, just saw the shop screen. As rudimentary as it is, I used the level on my phone on the centerline of each tire. Looks like the passengers side is near perfect and I'm at about 1.8 degrees of negative camber on the drivers side.

I should add for context that I'm living in an apartment right now and have zero access to any of my tools, so I'm at the mercy of a shop. Local place here in MD did the work and I went to them on my buddy's recommendation who has a Raptor on 37s with Fox's.

Ford Bronco Bump steering after installing Kings PXL_20231202_112233502
It's hard to gauge alignment by photos as the camera does weird stuff that our eyes don't see. You can certainly recheck the alignment. But you should heed the advice that I gave in the first response. Relocate the trackbar.

Also, did you start with a Badlands or Badlands Sasquatch? Is your 3" in addition to stock Badlands? Or are you measuring from the ground?

OP
OP
Primed_in

Primed_in

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's hard to gauge alignment by photos as the camera does weird stuff that our eyes don't see. You can certainly recheck the alignment. But you should heed the advice that I gave in the first response. Relocate the trackbar.

Also, did you start with a Badlands or Badlands Sasquatch? Is your 3" in addition to stock Badlands? Or are you measuring from the ground?
I've got that part on order after finding similar problems on the forums, so thanks for that. Badlands non SAS.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

PXL_20231202_112233502.jpg
That camber looks way the hell off but I think that is just lens distortion typical of most phone cameras magnified by the close distance.... But that Photo....

I am also not really seeing any additional 3 inch lift... I am missing something here. What kind of RPG lift is this? I am not seeing a diff drop. Where is the RPG lifting? I see the Kings. They should be giving you 2 to 3 inch. I see the RPG track bar and tie rods. I agree with getting that track bar horizontal.

Last edited:

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think I misunderstood..... You have a total of 3 inch lift with the Kings and the RPG track bar and tie rods.... Yea... I looked at the RPG kit after the fact... I see now....

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That camber looks way the hell off but I think that is just lens distortion typical of most phone cameras magnified by the close distance.... But that Photo....

I am also not really seeing any additional 3 inch lift... I am missing something here. What kind of RPG lift is this? I am not seeing a diff drop. Where is the RPG lifting? I see the Kings. They should be giving you 2 to 3 inch. I see the RPG track bar and tie rods. I agree with getting that track bar horizontal.
Yeah, I'm hoping that it is just camera lens tricks. Because no way is anyone driving around pigeon-toed.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yeah, I'm hoping that it is just camera lens tricks. Because no way is anyone driving around pigeon-toed.
If that camber looks anything like that photo from another 50 foot back.... THERE is the problem. That camber would have to do with not aligning the new upper A arms correctly.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yea, picture looks much different than it actually sits unfortunately
Okay... Lens distortion typical of the tiny lenses used in most phones.
Sponsored