First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys! I recently threw on D load rated 37’s and King shocks with SPC UCA’s. Kings are at 2” lifting up front and leveled in the rear. Took it to a off-road alignment shop that is the best in my area and are alignment gods. The alignment specs are perfect.

The issue is after lifting my steering feels loose. I have had the bushing installed from BB for almost a year and had no issues before lift. It’s almost a slight bumpsteer feeling and overall loose.
My friend has a very similar lift and tire setup from Radflo and his steering is tight. His is lifted about 1, 1 1/2” vs my 2ish” of lift. I explored different tire pressures since mine are 8 ply D rated. I ran 40, 35, 32 and currently have it at 28 PSI. Nothing seems to make a huge difference.
Running out of options. Any ideas?

F9319793-E7F8-449C-977D-B027034D7946.jpeg
Let's see the alignment specs. It wouldn't hurt to see some numbers.
Sponsored

Wild_Trak

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey guys! I recently threw on D load rated 37’s and King shocks with SPC UCA’s. Kings are at 2” lifting up front and leveled in the rear. Took it to a off-road alignment shop that is the best in my area and are alignment gods. The alignment specs are perfect.

The issue is after lifting my steering feels loose. I have had the bushing installed from BB for almost a year and had no issues before lift. It’s almost a slight bumpsteer feeling and overall loose.
My friend has a very similar lift and tire setup from Radflo and his steering is tight. His is lifted about 1, 1 1/2” vs my 2ish” of lift. I explored different tire pressures since mine are 8 ply D rated. I ran 40, 35, 32 and currently have it at 28 PSI. Nothing seems to make a huge difference.
Running out of options. Any ideas?

F9319793-E7F8-449C-977D-B027034D7946.jpeg

[/QUOTE

Have you ever figured out the steering issue? i have the same problem. Long story short i had a 2 inch spacer lift from rough country with bds UPA, truck drove perfect. went off-roading and snapped the spacers and decided to upgrade to icon 2.5 coilovers and icon delta pro UPA. got the alignment done and the truck never drove the same. having somewhat lose steering and wheel jerks when hitting bumps or rough road. Went to few different alignment shops as well. no difference.

let know if you found a solution

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I went to the #1 off-road alignment shop in the area. We swapped out the SPC’s for Icon tubulars.

Steering feel is better but still some bumpsteer. Unless I have something broken in my rack it’s just good ol bumpsteer from the lift. Lift causing some difference in toe over small irregularities in the road.

Carli just released their steering system which is hands down, the most thought out tie rod system setup. It claims to reduce the bumpsteer effect. I’m going to try that next and also have a Hoss 3.0 going in soon so I’ll tear down my 2.0 and see if anything internally is broken.

Wild_Trak

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I went to the #1 off-road alignment shop in the area. We swapped out the SPC’s for Icon tubulars.

Steering feel is better but still some bumpsteer. Unless I have something broken in my rack it’s just good ol bumpsteer from the lift. Lift causing some difference in toe over small irregularities in the road.

Carli just released their steering system which is hands down, the most thought out tie rod system setup. It claims to reduce the bumpsteer effect. I’m going to try that next and also have a Hoss 3.0 going in soon so I’ll tear down my 2.0 and see if anything internally is broken.

its just strange to me that i didn't have this issue before with rough country 2 inch spacer lift. the lift is still 2 inches with my new set up but drives like crap now. funny part is when i hook up a trailer with that weight in the back it drives perfect lol.

Aliass24

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its just strange to me that i didn't have this issue before with rough country 2 inch spacer lift. the lift is still 2 inches with my new set up but drives like crap now. funny part is when i hook up a trailer with that weight in the back it drives perfect lol.
Did you get the alignment print out? What’s your caster setting?

Sponsored

Wild_Trak

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you get the alignment print out? What’s your caster setting?

Had 3 different alignments done with 3 different very reputable off road shops in town. alignment specs are perfect. caster is 3.3 and 3.5

Wild_Trak

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, i finally was able to figure out the steering issue. upgraded to adjustable rear lower links and adjustable track bar. took several times to get it right but finally got it all squared away, jerky steering went away drives smooth as it did before. Adjustable rear lower links make a huge difference in steering. who would've thought.
Sponsored