Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey guys! I recently threw on D load rated 37’s and King shocks with SPC UCA’s. Kings are at 2” lifting up front and leveled in the rear. Took it to a off-road alignment shop that is the best in my area and are alignment gods. The alignment specs are perfect.

The issue is after lifting my steering feels loose. I have had the bushing installed from BB for almost a year and had no issues before lift. It’s almost a slight bumpsteer feeling and overall loose.
My friend has a very similar lift and tire setup from Radflo and his steering is tight. His is lifted about 1, 1 1/2” vs my 2ish” of lift. I explored different tire pressures since mine are 8 ply D rated. I ran 40, 35, 32 and currently have it at 28 PSI. Nothing seems to make a huge difference.
Running out of options. Any ideas?

F9319793-E7F8-449C-977D-B027034D7946.jpeg
Sponsored

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When you say loose, as in play in the steering wheel, or just not tracking right and following the grooves in the road? Who installed the lift, you or a shop?

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey guys! I recently threw on D load rated 37’s and King shocks with SPC UCA’s. Kings are at 2” lifting up front and leveled in the rear. Took it to a off-road alignment shop that is the best in my area and are alignment gods. The alignment specs are perfect.

The issue is after lifting my steering feels loose. I have had the bushing installed from BB for almost a year and had no issues before lift. It’s almost a slight bumpsteer feeling and overall loose.
My friend has a very similar lift and tire setup from Radflo and his steering is tight. His is lifted about 1, 1 1/2” vs my 2ish” of lift. I explored different tire pressures since mine are 8 ply D rated. I ran 40, 35, 32 and currently have it at 28 PSI. Nothing seems to make a huge difference.
Running out of options. Any ideas?

Ford Bronco Loose steering after lift F9319793-E7F8-449C-977D-B027034D7946
Something to note is I havnt touched my rear trackbar and my buddy has the relocation. I know that will help but didn’t think it would make such a difference in the steering wheel feel.. idk

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When you say loose, as in play in the steering wheel, or just not tracking right and following the grooves in the road? Who installed the lift, you or a shop?
A reputable Offroad shop that’s done Toyota IFS for years. It’s tracking straight. Just feels like bumpsteer on bumps and ruts almost. Tracks very straight

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A reputable Offroad shop that’s done Toyota IFS for years. It’s tracking straight. Just feels like bumpsteer on bumps and ruts almost. Tracks very straight
I should note the same shop did both Broncos

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Above my pay grade

When I put 6100's on my sasquatch badlands, steering felt similar to what you describe.

Recently put on eibach coilovers and icon uca's.
Now it feels tight and right
Same 37" tires and pressure for both setups

Ran the 6100's on top ring and running the front eibachs all the way up.

Hope you get it figured out

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
May have to do with the shocks valving setup meaning one brand is digressive, progressive, linear or regressive. Each company does their valving differently research that and the brand to get the ride quality you want

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Take a picture of you lower a-arm bolts, the picture above they look maxed. I have the same issue which is maxed out adjustment, those fancy upper a-arms might not have enough adjustment and caster.

The reason I don't have aftermarket upper a-arms is the fact no one has proven if they add caster or help with camber adjustments. I want before and after alignment specs.

Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m running 2.5” of lift on Radflo adjustables w/ remote resi along w/ 37’s and my steering is tight like the day I bought it.. no drift, no bump steer. I had the slightest amount of bump steer after going to 37’s on the stock Bilstein suspension but swapping to the Radflo’s made that disappear. I’m Running Icon tubular DJ Pro UCA’s but I‘m on the stock rear track bar and links. My caster from my alignment report is exactly 3.0 deg (‘22 Wildtrak calls for 3.18 +/- 0.6) and my alignment guy set the toe at +0.1 saying it would track better that way FWIW.

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As much lift as it has, does the angle of the tie rods play into it as well?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran into the same thing after the Icon EXPs. The alignment sheet shows it to be in spec but it just didn't track that well anymore, a bit darty. I ending up adding a 1/4" spacer between the shock and LCA but did not realign, so I think it gave me a tad more toe. Seemed to help.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take a picture of you lower a-arm bolts, the picture above they look maxed. I have the same issue which is maxed out adjustment, those fancy upper a-arms might not have enough adjustment and caster.

The reason I don't have aftermarket upper a-arms is the fact no one has proven if they add caster or help with camber adjustments. I want before and after alignment specs.
I installed BDS upper control arms, and I gained some positive caster. I do believe they claim their arms add caster.
Bottom is stock UCA, after installing steering rack bushing.
Top is after UCA install.
Ford Bronco Loose steering after lift Polish_20230325_180855451
Sponsored